With a research outline, you want to make a summary of a research paper. Of course, that is not the only topic that can merit an outline as you could do that even for smaller topics. For example, you can use a character outline to help explain characters in stories.
Outlines can actually serve a variety of needs, such as speech outlines so that you can prepare ahead. Of course, when it comes to education, character outlines can make for useful tools for literary analysis, which is what many people would use them for in the first place.
Detailed Character Outline
Story Character Outline
Character Outline in PDF
Outline of Character Analysis
How to Write a Character Outline
Some basic advice when using most outline templates is find a way to divide the whole into smaller parts. This advice can work with examples like report outline templates, but some specific steps for a character outline include:
- Start with the basics, such as name, age, physical appearance, etc.
- Then you can move on to personality details, such as traits, flaws, motivations, etc.
- Then you can move on to their relationships with other characters, such as family, friends, enemies, etc.
- Also place the character in space and time by including the date and setting so as to provide a look at the environment in which he lives.
Why Would You Need a Character Outline Template?
You might wonder where you would need templates like these. One of the most obvious places would be in education, as could be the case with blank outline templates and dissertation outline templates. But some other uses could include:
- Theater, as character outline templates would be a perfect tool for helping actors understand the characters they are meant to play.
- Fiction, as a writer could very well use these templates to help understand all his characters, their motives, their relationships to one another, etc.
- Literary analysis, for teachers, critics, students, etc. would entail a study of the characters so as to fully understand any work of literature properly.
Character Sketch Outline
Study Outline in Word
Character Worksheet Outline
Tips for Using Character Outline Templates
As you can see in other outline examples, there are a number of things you can do with regard to your outlines that can make them more effective at what it is you want them to do. This is especially the case with proposal outline templates, which are meant to be more persuasive than other examples. In any case, some of those tips include:
- Add as many categories and questions as you can. This can allow you to think of as many possibilities as possible so as to best understand what characters you are analyzing.
- Also make your answers as specific as you can, so that you are more sure of catching every relevant detail for every character. This way, you can capture every aspect of the character in detail.
- Also be sure to list the characters’ relationships to one another. This can lead to new insights, as you might be able to understand other characters better by how other characters view them.
And if you find yourself in need of other templates for any other work, then you are very likely to find what it is you are looking for on this site, so feel free to search.