Undergrad students, graduate school students, and professionals who are taking up Doctorate studies are often required to write a thesis based on thorough research and actual demonstration. Usually, they present their academic proposals (the format of which is similar to that of an event proposal) ahead of their graduation period.
Various academic proposal templates are made available in this post, and each template has its own image sample. Feel free to check each template as one or two may be what you are currently looking for. All templates, however, are of similar formats as that of a proposal for clients, which you may need for studies regarding business.
Academic Proposal Template
How Do You Write a Research Proposal for Academic Writing?
Similar to samples of simple proposal templates, a research proposal for academic writing pursues a previously untested idea. A few important factors must be observed in writing a research proposal:
- Introduction, a concise synopsis of the overall content of the thesis. You may check on Dissertation Proposal Template for more reference.
- Purpose of the Study, or the objectives that the study tries to prove in connection with the topic.
- Methods and Procedures, or the steps conducted during the course of research to prove the validity of the results.
- Significance, or the importance of the study.
- References, which may refer to other sources or books consulted.
What is an Academic Research Proposal?
An academic research proposal is usually submitted by a group of students to show their intention to cover topics that are still unverified. A proposal template in PDF may be able to help you when writing such. It considers the following things:
- Research design, which pertains to the overall strategy or components of the study and thereby serving as guides among researchers.
- Literature review, which refers to some scholarly papers checked and consulted in order to prove or disprove some supposition or theory. You may need a book proposal template to help you with the selection.
- Framing hypotheses and research questions, which are the theories in question and therefore are requiring more resolution.
Academic Proposal in PDF
8 Quick Tips for Writing an Academic Proposal
If you are about to draft your academic proposal, consider some more points as detailed below. Aside from checking sample proposal templates or consulting a writing proposal template:
- Make sure that you still have more than enough time to tackle your research efficiently. The quality of your research will definitely get affected if it is to be conducted hastily.
- Instead of writing passively, better use the active voice to further assert your points of view as well as your explanation. It is far better to use active voice in doing some deliberations.
- Show confidence that your proposal can make it further and that your research is not just so you can get a passing grade.
- Proofread for a couple of times before submitting your proposal. There might be some errors in the spelling of words, spaces between each word, pages, punctuation, and the like.
Writing is never easy after all. But once you put your heart and soul into it, and you believe that your research will make a positive impact on the society, then definitely it is gonna be worthy of further research and discussion.