Nowadays, you may encounter different agreement documents, which may be necessary for you to cooperate with other people. Some examples are non-compete agreements and rent agreements. Of course, if you were to make such agreements yourself, you might need templates as guides to help you through the process.
Different agreements, like franchise agreements, can be united by their nature as legal, binding documents meant to tie the parties who sign to particular courses of action. This also means that there are certain consequences should the parties fail to live up to their parts of the bargain, among other elements that you can find in such agreements.
House Rent Agreement
Simple House Rent Agreement
Office Rent Agreement
Simple Office Rent Agreement
Short Form Lease of Office Space
What Is a Rent Agreement?
This kind of agreement template lists all the particular details involved in renting a property. There are some elements distinct from those you would find in others such as marketing agreement templates.
- Description, which provides a basic description of the thing being rented, including address, number of rooms for rent, properties etc.
- Security deposit, as some agreements require that lessees deposit a sum of money with the lessor.
- Term, which describes the period when the lessee takes possession of what is being rented.
- Rent, which details the amount the lessee needs to pay for renting the lessor’s possessions.
How to Make a Rent Agreement
When using free agreement templates as a guide, there are some steps to be aware of. After all, this is a distinct kind of agreement from others, such as shareholder agreement templates.
- First, include the lessor and lessee, as well as descriptions, so as to make their relationship clear.
- Then include a description of what is being rented so as to specify what that is.
- Include the terms of the agreement, such as rent, term, occupancy, etc.
- At the end, leave space for both parties to affix their signatures so that they can authenticate the document and seal the agreement.
Commercial Rent Agreement
Commercial Property Rental Agreement
Free Commercial Rent Agreement
Commercial Space Rent Agreement
Apartment Rent Agreement
Simple Apartment Rent Agreement
Land Rent Agreement
Agricultural Land Lease Agreement
Land Rent Contractual Agreement
Terms to Include in the Rental Agreement
Even if you were to use agreement templates in PDF to make rental agreements, there would be some consistent elements. You might see similar elements in license agreement templates, as there is an agreement to produce someone else’s property, intellectual property in this instance. In any case, some of the terms you definitely need to include:
- Rent, which details the payment of rent, as wells as other related details such as frequency of payment, due date, etc. There are other details as well, such as mechanisms in case of late payments and checks bouncing.
- Utilities, which details which utilities tenants are responsible for, and for which they would have to pay themselves.
- Maintenance, which indicates that the tenant has inspected the property and found it satisfactory. Upon taking possession of the property, the tenant is required to maintain the property. And in the event of any damage, intentional or otherwise, the tenant is obliged to make restitution for it.
- Assignment, which restricts the tenant from assigning the lease, or subletting it to their own tenants without the landlord’s consent, being that the landlord is the party that holds ownership over the property.
- Use, which regulates the use of the property. Generally, the property has to be held for residential purposes only. The tenant is then restricted from using the property for any other purposes, as well as purposes that would injure the premises or affect the landlord adversely, such as illegal activities.
- Liability, which frees the landlord of responsibility for any damages incurred on the premises, and leaves the tenant responsible for their own insurance.
- Access, which gives the landlord the right to enter the premises for purpose of inspection, showing the premises to future tenants, etc.
- Default, which states that in the event the tenant defaults under any of the terms, the landlord has the right to recover possession and compensation.
Vehicle Rent Agreement
Agreement of Rental of Vehicle
Motor Vehicle Rent Agreement
Building Rent Agreement
Building Rent Agreement Sample
Community Building Rent Agreement
Types of Rental Agreements
Renting property might be one use of these agreement templates in Word, but it is not the only one. Other examples, such as sublease agreement templates are examples of how flexible these templates can be.
- Land rental agreement, which allows for the lessee to rent a property for the purpose of cultivating it, such as for agriculture.
- Vehicle rental agreement, which is used by lessees who wish to rent vehicles from the lessor, cars being a common example.
- Equipment rental agreement, for lessees who want to rent specific equipment only for temporary use, such as medical equipment like wheelchairs and walking aides.
Difference between Rental and Lease Agreements
While the terms are often used interchangeably, there are some differences between both kinds of sample agreement templates. Like distribution agreement templates, there are specific things to expect.
- Month-to-month agreement.
- Possible to change the terms after 30 days.
- Open-ended arrangement, so it is easier to leave.
- Automatic renewal, unless the agreement is terminated.
- Set for a fixed period, such as for years.
- Terms are fixed after the agreement is signed.
- Impossible to get out of the agreement before the term is up.
- Agreements must be made anew if the parties wish to continue after the fixed term.
Equipment Rent Agreement
Medical Equipment Rent
Photo Equipment Rent Agreement
Office Equipment Rental Agreement
Residential Rent Agreement
Residential House Lease
Month-to-Month Residential Rent
Free Residential Rent Agreement
Guidelines for Creating a Rental Agreement
As with all kinds of basic agreement templates, there are some guidelines it would be wise to stay aware of. After all, there are always some ways you can make your use of templates more effective. Many of those tips can apply to different agreement templates like employee confidentiality agreement templates, so you can get even more out of these tips.
- Always be specific. This makes it much easier for both parties to be aware of their obligations and avoid problems in the future.
- Put all the important details in writing. This makes it much easier to refer to anything important, and allows those important details to survive in the records.
- Include consequences. This can serve to remind both parties of what to expect should they fail to live up to their obligations, such as the property defaulting to the landlord. This can also serve as a means of encouraging both parties to live up to their agreement.
- Be sure to include liability. It is important that the agreement specify who is responsible for what, so as to make sure that both parties are aware of the scope of their obligations.
And if you find yourself in need of other templates, then you may be able to use some of the others available on the site. This can give you even more options for whatever work you may have.