Some individuals choose to live in different places from time to time. Whether it’s getting away from the place they grew up, getting independent from parents, work assignments, or just wanting to experience a new environment, they definitely need a roof to shelter them from the weather or a wall to protect them from stray animals and bad people during the night.
Because these people are usually in another place for a short period of time, it is not practical for them to buy a house. Instead, they rent out places which allow them to stay temporarily as long as they like. Most rental places ask for advance or deposit payments. This is to ensure that the tenant stays only for the amount they paid. Because money is involved, a formal agreement should be drafted using an Agreement Template.
Residential Tenancy Agreement Template
Free Tenancy Agreement Template
Tenancy Rental Agreement Template
Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Template
Short Assured Tenancy Agreement Template
The Necessity of a Tenancy Agreement
- Gathering information. As landlords or rental business owners, it is just necessary for them to know the person temporarily using their properties. Since tenants have to fill in a deposit form, their personal information becomes available.
- Recording transactions. In cases where payments are delayed, forgotten, or mishandled, it is one practical solution to refer to these agreement forms to avoid conflicts or even court interventions.
- Legal evidence. Conflicts between landlords and tenants are quite common. So when a legal action is unavoidable, official tenant agreements can be used as evidence of payment or tenancy.
- Government requirement. Most governments require people with rental properties to pay taxes. Tenancy agreements, together with receipts from payments, are some of the requirements the business owner or landlord submits to file for contribution or exemption.
For other purposes in relation to rental or lease for businesses, you can check out other articles in this site which offers Lease Agreement Templates and Rental Agreement Templates.
Assured Tenancy Agreement Template
Standard Tenancy Agreement Template
Blank Tenancy Agreement Template
Boarding House Tenancy Agreement Template
Important Information on the Tenancy Agreement
- Date of payment. As rents come usually in monthly or annually, the date when the payment was done should always be indicated in the agreement.
- Period of payment. Just like the date of payment, the time period which the payment is intended to should also be specified clearly.
- Amount. Monthly or annual rates are usually agreed upon between landlords and tenants, so the amount paid by the tenant for the time period is essential.
- Landlord name. Deposit forms should include the landlord or business owner’s name. The person to whom the tenants give their money to should be stated.
- Tenant or payee name. Especially in a Commercial Rental Agreement, this will indicate which company is using and paying for the borrowed property.
- Address of property being rented. Immovable properties such as rental houses, rooms, or spaces have addresses; and it should also be shown in the agreement.
- Tenant’s signature. As this is an agreement, both tenant and landlord should affix their signatures as proof that they have agreed on all the stipulations written in the form.