The underlying purpose of a risk assessment plan is to identify hazards, make the necessary preparations and solutions, and ultimately to increase your institution’s resilience. In any setting, may it be for academic, political, religious, business, social, or other aspects in the society, there are undeniable intrinsic risks.
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
The risks can be in the form of health risks, security risks, small business-related risks, information technology-related risks, and many more. In order minimize the devastating effects of both man-made and natural disasters, there are risk assessment templates that showcase how specific risks are assessed and managed. Moreover, the set of templates can also be considered as a guide to understand risk assessment.
Financial Risk Assessment Template
Social Media Risk Assessment Template
Workplace Risk Assessment Form Template
Environmental Risk Assessment Templates
Integrated Environmental Risk Assessment
Environmental Hazard and Risk Assessment
Revised Environmental Risk Assessment
Environmental Risk Assessment Report
What Is Risk Assessment?
Risk assessment is considered as a process and an approach or methodology. It is a process because it is not a one-stop activity. It must be holistic and must establish continuity. Here are some key governing principles about risk assessment:
- Hazard Identification – Hazards are considered as agents that can potentially cause damage to a community’s health, environment, property, and even to human life. Most people use such term interchangeably with disasters. That is a common misconception. Disasters are different from hazards. A hazard will only be considered as a disaster is there is already a human, economic, or environmental losses suffered or experienced by the community. Free risk assessment templates will teach you more the distinction between the said concepts.
- Risk Analysis – Merely enumerating the hazards does not suffice. Risk assessment involves the process of risk analysis wherein the nature and characteristics of a hazard are analyzed to know the level of risks.
- Risk Evaluation – This is considered by various research studies as the process of comparing an estimated risk to certain defined indicators to comprehensively analyze and determine how significant are the risks and ultimately to come up with solutions that coincide with them.
Fire Risk Assessment Templates
Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Blank Risk Assessment for Fire
Office Fire Risk Assessment
Warehouse Risk Assessment Template
Risk Assessment for Warehouse Example
Health Risk Assessment Samples
Risk Assessment for Health Sample
Free Health Risk Assessment
Health and Safety Risk Assessment
Types of Risk Assessment Templates
There are a variety of risks and hazards that surrounds a particular society. Bear in mind that risk assessments mus be customized to suit a particular industry and the risks and hazards that they are facing. Consider the following:
- Environmental Risk Assessment Templates – By using these templates, you can come up with an environmental risk assessment plan to ensure that the conduct of a certain undertaking or project does not affect the natural processes in the environment. Furthermore, most countries have legislation regarding environmental impact assessment particularly on projects that are considered as environmentally-critical projects and areas.
- Fire Risk Assessment Templates – Most countries have legislation and statutes pertaining to fire management and control. In complying with such policies, most establishments are required to come up with a fire risk assessment plan or report. In these templates, you’ll be required to identify the factors that are the considered as critical causes of a fire, the hazard from fire, and the possible consequences and damages that may be brought about by a fire.
- Health Risk Assessment Samples – Health-related concerns and issues are considered as one of the pertinent factors that must be considered in any project or profession. The provided templates can help you assess the health condition of your employees, students, or members. Moreover, there are also additional strategies that you may use to process and analyze your assessment records.
- Construction and Electrical Risk Assessment Templates – Under the law, employers are responsible to the health and wellness of their employees as long as the activity or conduct of the latter are within the pillars of the employment contract. For construction and electrical works, risk assessments must be conducted before, during, and after the conduct of the project. For more details, the templates will show you how the said assessment works.
- IT Assessment Templates – In the advent of information technology, IT companies and organizations are facing different types of risks. Free assessment templates provide guidelines on how IT-related hazards can be efficiently addressed and managed.
Construction Risk Assessment Templates
Risk Assessment for Construction Project
Construction Impact Risk Assessment
Pre-Construction Risk Assessment
Electrical Risk Assessment Samples
Electrical Safety Program Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment for Electrical Sample
Event Risk Assessment Samples
Risk Assessment for Temporary Event
Special Events Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment for Community Event
What Are the Essential Inclusions of a Risk Assessment?
In creating a risk assessment, the proponents must consider various factors. Below are some of the essential inclusions of a risk assessment:
- Scope – To ensure that your efforts and resources do not go to waste, you need to establish first the scope of your assessment. The scope refers to the specifications about the subject matter of your assessment such as the nature and properties of the building, the lifetime of a product, and the kinds of hazards you will be assessing. For individuals, there are also self assessment templates that they may use in evaluating their strengths and weaknesses with respect to certain indicators.
- Needed materials and resources – As a process and an approach, the activities that will be conducted will be needing both material support and other resources so that inspections, evaluations, and training will be effectively conducted. As you may see in most security assessment templates and project assessment templates, there are sections provided for budget and resource schemes.
- Beneficiaries and stakeholders involved – In the end of the day, the beneficiaries and stakeholders involved in the assessment processes must be specifically outlined. For technology assessment templates, for instance, the involved managers and IT officers must be specifically designated.
- Governing laws and regulations – Aside from the universally accepted international laws and conventions adopted by countries, you also need to identify the policies that will guide the direction and decisions of the project managers and authorities.
Pregnancy Risk Assessment Templates
Pregnancy Worker Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment for Pregnant Employee
Pregnancy/New Mother Risk Assessment
Project Risk Assessment Templates
Project Complexity and Risk Assessment Model
Risk Assessment for Undergraduate Project
School Risk Assessment Templates
Generic Risk Assessment for School
Risk Assessment for Primary School
School Safety Risk Assessment
Security Risk Assessment Template
Security Plan and Risk Assessment
Safety Risk Assessment Template
Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Network Risk Assessment Sample
Network Assessment Risk Report
Effective Ways to Help Improve Risk Management
Risk assessment plans and reports play a key role in establishing risk management plans and programs. The two terms are inextricably connected with each other because there can be no such thing as a successful risk management plan without a comprehensive and well-written risk assessment mechanisms. Given that, here are some ways that you may refer to in improving risk management.
- Clearly delineate and designate roles and responsibilities. Bear in mind that risk management and assessment is not a one-man job. It requires collective effort and contributions. For some, networks are also established to make the assessment more detailed such as in the case of network assessment templates.
- Adopt consistent rules. Policies and protocols must be consistently applied unless there is an authorized call to change or modify them. Risks, hazards, and threats are indeed dynamic. However, being consistent makes the adopted rules more enforceable and uniform.
- Document, educate and raise awareness – In the end of the day, risk assessments would not matter at all without proper documentation. Ensure that you document every process, challenges, and developments. In the case IT risk assessment templates, for instance, use awareness and education must be given priority to minimize both online and offline risks and threats.