Contracts are documents outlining an agreement between two parties. You can see contracts being used as legally binding documents, but then you can also find contracts being used in settings like classrooms. This usually occurs in the form of a Learning Contract between students and teachers, which sums up the student’s obligations. You may also see Contract Templates.
Something like a Behavior Contract can be an effective way for teachers to better engage with students. The contract can allow teachers to engage with students in a way that is tailored to students’ expectations. Some terms of the contract may even be negotiated to ensure that both sides can find some common ground. You may also see student templates.
374+ School Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), HTML5, WordPress, Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI). - START DOWNLOADING
Sample Student Learning Contract Template
Simple Student Academic Contract Template
Performance Contract Template to Print
Consulting Contract Template
Coaching Contract Template
Student Behavior Contract Template
How to Make a Student Contract
Student contract templates are similar to Service Contract Templates in that they can provide a basic framework for a written, binding agreement. Of course, the terms are different, as are the parties involved, but there are some similarities in how you ultimately produce these kinds of contracts.
- Make specific mention of what is expected of the students, including specific study times, learning methods, etc.
- Also mention what they are not permitted to do, such as using gadgets during designated study times.
- Do include punishments, so as to have consequences for not adhering to the contract.
What to Include in Student Contracts
Like other Free Contract Templates, there are some elements that you would need to include in any student contracts you yourself make. After all, these are elements that you definitely need to include so as to make the contract an effective one.
- You would have to include the student’s name, so that it can be understood that the contract is for that student specifically.
- It also helps to include the names of the parents or teachers, so as to make clear that the student is not the only one affected by the contract.
- Every contract must have signatures, as including a person’s personal signature implies his complete agreement and understanding of the contract.
Student Homework Contract
Student Travel Contract
Sample Student Contract
Science Safety Contract for Student
Guidelines for Student Contracts
Even if you were to use Contract Templates to help you make these kinds of contracts, there are some guidelines you should keep in mind that could make your contracts all the more effective.
- Being that each student will be different, you may want to tailor each contract for each student.
- Contracts are not all prohibition and punishment, there should also be some measure of positive reinforcement to reward and encourage students to adhere to the contract’s conditions.
- The contract should be a two-way street. It should not be a student-centered affair. Teachers and parents are going to have to make some concessions themselves. The terms in the contracts should be subject to some measure of negotiation so as to find common ground.
- The contract is one tool among many, so it cannot be expected to solve all problems. It is one method of getting what you want, but it is not a universal solution.
As a side note, if you should find yourself in need of other contract templates, you can also find those on this website. It is not just student contract templates you can find here, as the selections here can prove.