As a photographer or producer, you wouldn’t want to remove your favorite shot from a film because an angry person does not want his face seen on a screen made for public view. And rightfully so, you yourself wouldn’t want footage of yourself floating around the Internet or whatever media it is without having the opportunity to oppose, whether violently or apprehensively.
Whichever end you are in this relationship, you can check out the release form templates on this page, and like the Excel Form Templates we offer on our website, you can download and use them to create your own release form.
132+ Form Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Photo Release Form Template
Model Release Form Template
Medical Release Form Template
Media Release Form Template
Interview Release Form Template
Medical Records Release Form Template
What Does a Release Form Do
- A release form waives the individual or the property owner’s right to approve or disapprove of the finished product. It removes their right to complain and have any shot removed where they find themselves unflattering.
- It also ensures that the models and talents in the production did not breach any or another contract by participating in your film or video. Companies do not want their models to appear in another ad promoting a competitor.
- It protects the signer’s right to allow disclosure of sensitive information or not, such as the health status of a person. As an example, see the Medical Records Release Form and Medical Release Form on Template.net.
- It encourages the benefits of giving credits to appropriate people and good attribution by avoiding copyright and permission issues as well as plagiarism and academic misconduct.
Student Release Form Template
Contract Release Form Template
Equipment Release Form Template
Music Release Form Template
Employee Information Release Form Template
Who and When are Release Forms Needed
- For activities. When an individual or group plans to host or sponsor any type of activity, a lot of risks are being carried out. It limits the liability of the company in the event participants sustain injuries or damages while doing the activity.
- For working on someone else’s property. If another person’s property is used for performing services or holding an event, a release form helps protect the organizers from legal liabilities in case damages are done unrelated to the activity being held.
- For creating marketing materials. Marketing materials such as real customer stories and testimonials are very effective in selling a product or service. However, these customers should agree to have their stories published first.
- For terminating a contract. Release forms are also used to terminate a current contract that is no longer beneficial for either party. This means that both parties agree to end their respective duties and obligations even if the contract is not due yet.
For more specific liability releases and limitations, also see the Liability Waiver Forms available on this website. Just like the release forms, it allows you to relinquish a number of responsibilities in any endeavor you wish to pursue, to avoid upsetting people with whom you would like to maintain a good relationship.