As a teacher, lesson plans have always needed focus, time, and attention. That is also one of the few reasons why teachers need teacher calendars to help them track their signified tasks. Lesson plan samples provide teachers with a set workflow, keeping things like subjects, homework and projects, easier to track.
95+ FREE PLAN Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple (MAC) Numbers, Microsoft Publisher
Lesson Plan Outline Template
Daily Lesson Plan Template
Weekly Lesson Plan Template
Madeline Hunter Lesson Plan Template
Free Toddler Weekly Lesson Plan Template
Free Toddler Daily Lesson Plan Template
Detailed Lesson Plans
Semi Detailed Lesson Plan
Detailed Course Lesson Plan
It’s also a set of instructions that describe the path of the lesson. Lesson plans may be a hassle for teachers from time to time, but there are some lesson plan templates in PDF that could help them out. This way, they won’t have to make one from scratch anymore.
Teacher Detailed Lesson Plan
Speech Lesson Plans
Reported Speech Lesson Plan
Speech Competition Lesson Plan
Speech Development Lesson Plan
English Lesson Plans
English Teaching Lesson Plan
Level 2 English Lesson Plan
Beginner English Lesson Plan
Teaching Lesson Plans
Teaching Candidate Lesson Plan
University Teaching Lesson Plan
Teaching Lesson Plan Format
What Is a Lesson Plan?
It used to be that in order to make a lesson plan, one would have to constantly write a new one on paper. This was definitely taxing on the teacher’s side as they had more than just a lesson plan to worry about. Fortunately, with advances in technology, quicker methods and strategies have been put in place.
It has been said previously that a lesson is a guide to a teacher’s daily class routine. The students need to learn the lessons at the end of the class. Lessons can be taught in a form of a power point presentation, using some teacher power point templates.
Lesson plans are also considered to be a step by step guiding matter, therefore it must include:
- goals that need to be achieved by both the teacher and the students.
- activities that will help develop and mold the students
- materials that to be used in the execution of activities
A good lesson plan has the following components:
- Objectives – This portion of the lesson plan contains the things the students should do in order to acquire skills and knowledge. The objective has a specific span of time allocated to reach the border lines of the lessons.
- Goals – Goals involve previous and future strategic plans that will help the students to prepare for the forthcoming activities and for additional knowledge acquisition.
- Prerequisites – This section states the concepts that need to be mastered in advance to accomplish the objectives. Prerequisites also helps factor the important activities through lesson plan replication by the teachers.
- Materials to use – This refers to text books, equipment and other sources needed with the lesson and the activities that come with it. This part does not only define the tangible materials needed but also the time for preparation, the management in constructing a plan.
- Description – Lesson descriptions provides opportunity in the sharing of thoughts, advice and experiences with other teachers and instructors. Comprehension, knowledge, synthesis, application and evaluation is covered by the lesson plan.
- Procedure – Lesson procedure is a description in a detailed and in a step-by-step manner of replicating the lessons and other planned objectives. This portion is divided into different components, such as introduction, activity, and closure.
- Follow Up Activities – These part contains the list of other activities and seat works that will help in the enrichment of the students. This might also contain possible lessons to follow as the result of the previous lesson.
Daily Lesson Plans
Blank Daily Lesson Plan
Elementary Daily Lesson Plan
Kindergarten Daily Lesson Plan
Homeschool Daily Lesson Plan
Elementary Lesson Plans
Elementary School Lesson Plan
Elementary School Library Lesson Plan
Family Lesson Plans
Family History Lesson Plan
_col class=”col-sm-4 button-grid-two”]
Size: 195 KB
Family Literacy Lesson Plan
Family of Facts Lesson Plan
Literature Lesson Plans
Literature Circles Lesson Plan
Literature Adaptation Lesson Plan
Math Lesson Plans
Grade 4 Math Lesson Plan
Math Evaluation Lesson Plan
Math Short Term Lesson Plan
The very first thing to do is to outline the objectives of learning.
This should be done in order to determine what you want the students to learn. You must consider the topic of the lesson and what the students need to learn at the end. Once the outline is done, it is now time to classify them according to their level of importance such as:
- most important concepts
The things listed above must be defined thoroughly, which ones can be omitted when time is limited and those that could be skipped if time is limited. Teacher calendars are like lesson plans that contains the details of tasks to be done, but is way shorter and more time-specific than a lesson plan.
Developing the introduction is the next thing to do.
The introduction must encourage the students to think. The topics should also be stimulating to the mind, thus having a creative introduction is preferable. Creative introductions could be in an interrogative form, or in a personal anecdote style. Historical events, video clips and real life situation examples could be a recipe for a good intro too. Be sure to keep these things in mind when writing your introduction:
- commonly held ideas of the students.
- possible misconceptions about a specific topic.
- any preconceived ideas of the students before initiating the lessons.
Planning of learning activities follows.
Different ways of expounding the lesson materials are very important because they are very appealing to the minds of the students. Various ways of stimulating the mind includes:
- real life circumstances
After planning the activities, it is now time to check the students’ understanding.
There is a must to prepare various questions that are pertinent to the topic, for you to be able to evaluate how much knowledge did the student acquire.
Creating a preview and developing a conclusion is next.
This is done by going over to the lesson and synthesizing the main points. Concluding the lesson is also a great way in going to the next level of the lessons.
Presentation of lesson plan.
This can be done through sharing the lesson to the students by creating a brief and concise outline. By doing this, you are allowing your student to remember and learn the lessons way better.
Health Lesson Plans
Mental Health Lesson Plan
Grade 1 Health Lesson Plan
Oral Health Lesson Plan
Preschool Lesson Plans
Preschool Childhood Lesson Plan
Preschool Weekly Lesson Plan
Preschool Child Care Lesson Plan
Reading Lesson Plans
Reading Activity Lesson Plan
PreReading Lesson Plan
Guided Reading Lesson Plan
Science Lesson Plans
Science Teacher Lesson Plan
Level 2 Science Lesson Plan
Vocabulary Lesson Plans
Classroom Vocabulary Lesson Plan
Teaching Vocabulary Lesson Plan
Vocabulary Lesson Plan Format
The Importance of Lesson Plans
Although one may think that he, or she, knows a lot about lesson plans, one can never be too sure. It’s always safer to get as many tips as possible and use a sample lesson plan outline as reference. But first, we must know why lesson planning is important and here’s why:
- It helps with the organization of the teacher’s task.
- It provides coherence in the framework of effective teaching.
- It also outlines the syllabus.
- A guide for the teacher for future lessons.
- A lesson plan signifies that a teacher is always prepared for her job and is always ready to cater different students.
- It also serves as evidence that a teacher has rendered a considerable amount of effort in the job.
- While a lesson plan keeps track of the progress of the lessons, it also serves to track the students’ progress in learning as well. They are important because it gives the teacher a definite idea of which part of the lesson needs more focus and emphasis, which lessons need more clarity, and which needs to be amended if possible.
- A lesson plan is also a teacher’s reference for when inconsistencies arise. They can go back and refer to it if they have to.
- A lesson plan is important and vital because it shows how prepared the teacher is. It features the goals that need to be achieved for the betterment of the students. Planning lessons are also important because it allows the teachers to evaluate themselves with regard to how much knowledge she know about the subject matter
Tips to Creating Effective Lesson Plans
Again, the main goal here is to learn tips that will allow the teacher to manage her lessons effectively. These tips will help you and other teachers out there create a reliable weekly lesson plan. Here are brilliant tips that you can apply:
- First thing to do is take consideration of the students for you to be able to determine your teaching context.
- Always be prepared and prepare more than what you need. There must be extra seatwork and activities being prepared in case you ran out and if ever there is still enough time.
- Keep track of your time in planning the lessons. “Time is gold” as they say. Having enough time preparation contributes to the smooth flow of your lessons.
- There must be variety of things to incorporate in your lesson plans, like teaching styles and teaching materials.
- Lessons should end on a positive note.
Guidelines to Follow When Creating a Lesson Plan
Tips are indeed pretty important. However, it’s also important that you are aware of the guidelines that you should follow. Rules like:
- Looking for a learning plan template format you prefer.
- Objectives should be labeled in different aspects, such as cognitive, psychomotor, and affective.
- There must be a list of materials and equipment needed.
- Lastly, attach copies of worksheets, and handouts.
Lesson planning should not be considered a hassle. It should be a task done with pride and considered to be an honor by those who have have the will to teach. It will definitely be difficult at times, but hardships are pretty normal and they are even necessary for improvement and progress. The tips and guidelines stated above will help anyone who wants to make a lesson plan with superb quality.