A sample quotation is created by a business to provide information about the goods and/or services that a buyer wants to purchase. Basic business quotations list down the items to be acquired, the price of each item, and the materials or services that a company can provide. Similar to a bill, it specifies the exact price of the transaction and the conditions that apply. You may use any of the quotation samples available for download in this curation to create a comprehensive Simple Quotation Format. There are templates for an architectural contractor, modular kitchen, monthly job, interior design, office grocery, civil work, and much more. Use our professional Quotation Templates in PDF as references in creating the quotation word document that your company needs for its future customer transactions.
Formal Quotation Template
Company Quotation Template Format
Business Quotation Format Template
Why is a Quotation Important in a Business Transaction?
A small business needs to draft a quotation for its clients since:
- A quotation allows for a more concrete transaction, especially in terms of the information regarding materials and processes involved. This is the reason why a quotation format should be comprehensive.
- A quotation provides the scopes, terms, conditions, and other parameters that should be followed by both the buyer and the seller. We have more business quotation template samples in the provided link for more references.
- A quotation allows the business or provider to lay out the exact amount of their offer, inclusive of discounts and special offerings. An event planner, for example, would need the help of an event quotation template to come up with an even quotation that will concretize the value of the services offered.
- A purchase printable quotation allows a prospective buyer to assess and compare the demands of several businesses. It will allow the buyer to decide which offer is better worth their time. This will also open room for negotiations.
Professional Quotation Template
Sales Quotation Template
Ecommerce Website Quotation
Business Quotation Format
Company Quotation Format
Computer Quotation Formats
Computer Sales Quotation
Computer Service Quotation
Computer Hardware Quotation
Sales Quotation Formats
Sales Order Quotation
Car Sales Quotation
Building Quotation Formats
Building Construction Quotation Format
Building Contract Quotation
Top 10 Tips in Creating an Effective Quotation
A quotation serves as the initial formal document that can start a lasting business transaction. We have listed 15 tips in creating an effective quotation for you to be successful in convincing your prospective clients to purchase your product/service offerings: You may also check out Agency Quotation Templates.
- Precisely enumerate the terms and conditions of your quotation.
- List down the items your client needs, and systematically group the items based on the functions for which they are intended. This will allow the client to quickly identify whether something is missing in the simple list
- Create a short description of the items so that the client will be aware of the dimensions and/or characteristics of the items. You may also see Services Quotation Templates.
- Include the price of each item, the quantity your client requires per item, and the total amount per item (price*quantity).
- Make sure that the prices you put in your quotation are accurate. You neither want too many nor too few zeroes.
- List down the discounts, if there are any, at the lower end of the word document above the total price quotation. This way, the client sees that the discounts have already been applied to the total.
- If possible, use price sub-totals per item groupings so that it will be easier for clients to know which items are above their set price range.
- Ensure that your price printable quotation template is easy to understand and is well-organized. Use a readable sans serif font with a point value between 10-12.
- Make sure to stick with the text formatting throughout the document for a clearer quotation sample listing.
- Do not include any fine print, as this can throw a damper on negotiations.
Building Architectural Work Quotation Template
Hotel Quotation Formats
Grocery Hotel Modular Kitchen Room
Monthly Hotel Food Request for Quotation Sample
Project Quotation Formats
Request for Software Tool Quotation
Interior Project Contractor Quotation
Photography Quotation Formats
Product Photography Prices Quotation Example
Photography Services Quotation
Rental Quotation Formats
Request for Quotation for Renting Warehouse
Office Equipment Rental Quotation
Travel Quotation Format
Travel Management Services
Vehicle Quotation Formats
Quotation for Taxi/Vehicle
Purchase of New Vehicle
Rent of Vehicle Quotation with Price Estimate
Things to Remember When Writing a Quotation
A quotation entails a lot of things and has a significant impact on transactions and processes. If you need to know what to remember when you write a quotation, you can view our printable list of quotation templates in MS Word. Or you could refer to our tips below.
Some of the things that you should always be mindful of when creating a quotation are as follows:
- Make sure to create a breakdown of the prices of all the items requested by your client. This way there is transparency between you and your client. You should also do the same for sample invoices. For this, you may need to be guided by an invoice template.
- The validity of the quotation should be limited. It is healthy for the business if specific discounts and special offerings were available only for a short period. Clients almost always jump at an opportunity for a discount.
- If applicable to the transaction, make sure to specify in your quotation whether labor costs, delivery charges, and raw material costs are included in the training quotation or can be added mid-process.
- State how some changes and requests that clients issue could affect the overall quotation and pricing simple estimate. Depending on the changes, you may need another quotation template in PDF to help you out with adjustments.
Website Quotation Formats
Website with Exterior and Interior Design Quotation
Website Development Quotation
Work Quotation Formats
Work Order Quotation Format
Electrical Work Quotation Template
Engineering Quotation Formats
Civil Work Engineering Company Quotation
Mechanical Engineering Quotation Sample
Company Quotation Formats
Construction Company Quotation Bill
Request for Electric Security Quotation
Catering Job Company Quotation
Business Proposal Quotation Template
How to Format a Quotation
The format of a quotation can fully affect the placement of its content. Just as Proposal Templates need to be presented in a way that is appealing to the audience, so too should quotations.
Make sure that the format that you apply to your quotation in Pages can provide the proper spaces for your items listing. A basic quotation should have these items in its format:
- The header of the quotation should contain the information about the business which includes:
- The name of the business
- The contact information of the business
- The location of the business
- The word “quotation” on top of the list to easily identify the document
- The information that is needed to be present in a specific quotation document includes:
- The quotation number
- The quotation date
- The payment terms need to be followed
- The name of the customer
- The location of the customer
- The quotation body should have all the details of the items present in the transaction which includes:
- The listing of the goods to be purchased
- A short description of the items
- The amount of the individual items
- The total amount of the transaction
- The tax applied in the pricing (refer to Price List Templates for more details)
- The validity of the quotation
- A space for the signature of both the business and the client
Quotations initiate certain business transactions. If you want to close a deal you need to present it in a strong and captivating manner. Without templates, you give your quotation the fighting chance against that of your competitors. You may also check Quotation Templates in PSD.