Receipts may only be small sheets of paper issued by business people upon transactions, and are sometimes neglected, these can be used legally when the need arises. Receipts are legal evidence to prove that a transaction took place and a payment has been made in exchange for an item.
But receipts can also be used in sectors when there was not item involved upon payment, which is the case of banks. When you make a bank deposit, you will be issued a Deposit Receipt by the bank teller to acknowledge that the bank was able to receive money from you.
Payment Acknowledgement Receipt Template
What Makes an Acknowledgement of Receipt?
An acknowledgment of receipt is defined as a document that confirms that the issuer was able to receive the products requested or the rendering of services was done. This is usually issued by an individual or an organization to another company who was responsible in selling and delivering the goods or in the rendering of services.
The purpose of this is to acknowledge the receiving of such goods and services to be able to close the deal between both parties. For more fully customizable templates, check out these Blank Receipt Templates.
What to Include in an Acknowledgement Email Receipt?
- On the subject line, write your name or the name of the company and indicate that this is an “Acknowledgement Receipt” email.
- Make a greeting by using “Mr./Ms.” and their surname.
- State that you are acknowledging the receipt of the items that you have requested. Enumerate the received items below that statement.
- Mention that you will go through the items and if ever problems will be encountered, you will be sending another email to the company to address those problems.
- Sign off by writing your complete name, your position in your company, and the name of your company on the bottom portion of the email.
For more options, these Free Receipt Templates should give you a head-start.
Deposit of Money Acknowledgement
Tips for Writing an Acknowledgement Receipt
- Write an acknowledgement receipt as soon as you receive the items to confirm with the seller that their delivery was successful.
- Since this is still a business document, maintain formality in your acknowledgement receipt.
- Keep your personalized message short and direct. You may simply state that you were able to receive the items, and then list down those that you received.
- You may also state the condition of the items, and if you were able to receive the complete set of items you requested.
- Or you may state that you will be going through the items, and that you will be sending another letter to provide some feedback.
- Don’t forget to place your signature over your printed name on the bottom part of the receipt, and indicate the date of the issuance of the receipt.
If you’re looking for templates that were designed for printing, then check out our collection of Printable Receipt Templates.