Once a customer buys an item on registered establishments such as departments stores and restaurants, a proof of purchase is given by the entity which confirms that a payment is made with definite mode of payment. Most receipts are given in print to customers while some receipts like a Constructive Receipt need not shown in actual slip possession.
A receipt format as a document confirming what transaction transpired between two parties. Transaction with the receipt requirement usually involves an exchange or a trade. These receipt sample formats can be used for your business’s use. They are in Word format making them easier to run and to utilize.
Receipt Format Template
Rent Receipt Template
Cash Receipt Template
Payment Receipt Template
Simple Receipt Template
Rent Receipt Format
Blank Sale Receipt Template
School Receipt Template
Sales Receipt Template
Transport Receipt Template
Contractor Receipt Template
Payment Receipt Formats
Cash Payment Receipt
Fee Payment Receipt
Donation Receipt Formats
Church Donation Receipt
Uses of Receipts
Invoice Receipts are slips an entity has the obligation to give to its customers and the right to get from its suppliers. In a business entity’s perspective, receipts have the following uses:
- Hard Evidence for Company Reports – Receipts are actual evidence of the purchases and sales generated by the entity for a specified period of time. Reporting of receipts are usually done on monthly financial and managements reports and these reports become the bases for the annual generated reports.
- Preparation of Tax Returns – At the end of the year, an entity is required to pay taxes to the government. File the right tax return form and back it up with the necessary reports of your earnings and disbursements. If a problem arises with regards to your declared tax, you can present the disbursement and sales receipts you kept. Should some establishments fail to issue receipts for tax deductible items, go ahead and use a receipt you’ve created base on these Free Receipt Templates. You might be able to save the business cost on additional payment of taxes and penalties.
- Local and International Shipment – Some entities are involved in the import or export of goods. In cases of loss or damage of shipment, receipts such as delivery receipts and other related documents can be used to back up a freight claim to be filed by either the entity or the supplier to the carrier responsible for the delivery.
Rent Receipt Formats
Simple Rent Receipt
Receipt for House Room Rent
Cash Receipt Formats
Cash Received Receipt
Cash Sale Receipt
Bill Receipt Formats
Taxi Bill Receipt
Kinds of Business Receipts
There are various types of Business Receipts an entity issues when transacting with its customers. The following are the types of receipts issued by businesses:
- Sales Receipt – A receipt that is issued to the customer for purchase of goods. Issuance of this receipt applies to all consumers such as people and businesses.
- Official Receipt – This receipt is issued after a customer pays for an entity’s services. Similar to a sales receipt, it also given to all consumers.
- Delivery Receipt – Issued to business consumers when a product is delivered. The receiving entity affixes signature on the delivery form brought by the courier confirming the receipt of the product.
- Collection Receipt – This is issued as confirmation of the company in receiving the payment for the product delivered to the purchasing company.
- Billing Statement – This is issued by the company to the entity receiving the services being rendered. This will serve as the basis of payment after completion of the service.
- Confirmation letter – For large scale transactions such as import and export of products, this is issued as an acknowledgement that the value of the product, that the product was shipped and that the product was received.
Receipt Template Types
The Printable Receipt Templates on this website contains the following receipt types:
- For Payment – A confirmation of the customer’s payment for goods purchased or services rendered is done in the form of the receipt. The payment can either be in the form of cash, credit, or other modes of payment.
- For Cash – A transaction involving cash requires the issuance of a receipt. Cash transactions may not only pertain to payment transaction. A fee receipt and a deposit receipt are examples of cash receipts.
- For Donation – Acknowledging receiving a donation is made when a receipt is given to the donor.
- For Bill – A bill is a statement informing the consumer of the payment due with regards to a service or product consumed within a given period of time.
- For Sales – Receipts are manifestations of the generated revenue, another name for sales, of the business entity.
Hotel Bill Receipt
Fee Receipt Formats
Payment of Tuition Fee
Sales Receipt Formats
Vehicle Bill of Sale
Simple Sales Receipt Format
Free Sales Receipt
Key Elements on Receipts
Completion is the key to any business document. Because documents such as receipts can have legal implications, it is important to stay on the side of safety and make sure that all details are present and that everything is in order.
After all, you do not want to lose any possible court case just because you were a few details short.
It is essential, then, to learn about the key elements of a receipt, which is listed as follows:
- Company Information – Important details like the tax identification number and the registered name of the business are indicated .
- Customer Information – Information on the purchaser like name and contact details are included. Official receipts from restaurants do not usually have these information but Sales Invoice receipts and Contractor Receipts have this requirement.
- List of Items – This pertains to the items or the services bought by the consumer.
- Unit Prices – Prices of goods or services is specified alongside the item details.
- Discounts and Taxes – This element is implemented depending on the laws of state the business entity is bound to follow.
- Payment Due – The amount to be paid is defined at the bottom of the receipt.
- Name of Cashier – The name of the person you have transacted with is indicated. This is done as a security measure of the business entity.
- Company Hotline – This informs the consumer who to contact for concerns, for comments and suggestions they want to express to the company.
The issuance of a receipt is made, not only for its mandatory purposes, but also for the security features it provides to both the consumer and the business entity. Receipt Templates in PDF and in Word formats allow you to create your own documents without much hassle. All you have to do is alter them according to your preference, and the transaction is a done deal.