A catering receipt is a kind of Business Receipt issued by a catering service provider to its client as a proof of payment. Some catering businesses tend to provide receipts for partial payment in all the payment dates of their clients. However, there are also others who opt to provide a separate final catering receipt once all the payment has been made.
This post contains a list of different samples of catering receipt templates which you may use as references in creating your catering business’ own receipt. Other than that, we can also provide you with downloadable samples of Deposit Receipt templates for additional references in creating another kind of receipt.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Inclusions of a Basic Catering Receipt
All paid transactions especially those that are done with businesses require a receipt as a proof of payment. A basic Receipt Template used in catering should have the following details:
- The name and basic contact information of the catering business
- The name, address and contact details of the customer who acquired the services of the catering business
- The catering invoice number
- The name of the event where the catering services has been provided
- The meal type or meal service executed during the event
- The number of guests being served, especially if it is a plated catering service
- The terms, conditions, and scopes of the payment transaction
- The description of the food items being served
- The price of the food items provided by the catering business
- The total amount of the catering transaction
- The amount paid by the client
- The date that specific payments has been received
- The total due or the remaining balance that is still needed to be paid, if transaction is not paid in full
Other than our catering receipt samples and templates, our Business Receipt Template samples are also available for download.
Free Catering Receipt Template
Guidelines in Writing a Catering Receipt
Catering businesses should always be careful in writing the items that are present in their catering receipts. Some guidelines that you may follow in creating a catering receipt include these items:
- Make sure that all the prices that you will list down are properly placed beside the items that they are incorporated with. More so, they should be accurate and based on the prices present in the approved catering quotation.
- Make your catering receipt as organized as possible. If you would like to, you can create sub-headings like the prices of beverages, food items, and additional catering services so it will be easier for your client to see the sub-totals of these items.
- Your catering receipt format should have the complete details needed by your clients.
- In creating a catering receipt, it all depends on you and the decision of your client. You have to agree with each other whether to list down the individual items acquired or to just generalize. This is recommended especially if your receipt format has a very limited space for content placement.
If you want to create another kind of receipt and you need references and guides, you may use our Blank Receipt Template samples which you may all download in the provided link.