12+ Receipt Templates in Apple Pages
When a buyer and a seller have finished finalizing a transaction between them, they will want something that will provide them with all of the details regarding that said transaction. This includes everything from what was provided to how much was paid for them.
The one thing that can do that would be a receipt. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a proper sales receipt.
Elements of a Receipt
If you are going to make a receipt, then the first thing that you are going to have to learn would be the basic elements. They are what’s needed in order for the document to provide both the buyer and seller accurate details regarding the transaction between them. So long as you include them, then expect the receipt to do just that:
So here are the basic elements that just about every good receipt template needs:
1. Business Information: The recipient of the receipt will definitely want to know exactly who is responsible for the document’s creation. So the first thing that you are going to have to point out is the business’s name. Once you have done that, you must then provide the business’s address and contact details. That way, the buyer may contact the business should he/she have any issues with what was purchased or anything that has to do with the transaction.
2. Prices, Products, and Services: When it comes to making a cash receipt, it is expected that there will be a list of all the goods and services that have been provided by the seller to the buyer. It is important that the receipt is able to share details such as an accurate description of every item as well as the exact price of each.
3. Subtotal, Taxes, and Total: Before you are able to get the total amount that has to be paid by the buyer, you will need to factor in the prices of all the goods and services that were purchased. Not only that, but you have to consider the amount of tax that has to be added to the subtotal in order for you to get the total amount. That way, you can guarantee that you are able to get the actual total amount without running into any issues.
4. Transaction Record: The transaction record is basically information on the amount that was paid by the buyer. It is here where you will also find the amount of change the buyer has received. If there is no change, then you still need to point out that the amount of change received is zero.
12+ Receipt Templates in Apple Pages
Cash Receipt Template
Restaurant Receipt Template
Sales Receipt Template
Hotel Receipt Sample
Car Rent Receipt Format
Sample Receipt Template
Free Simple Receipt Template
House Rent Receipt Sample
Sales Receipt Template
Children Daycare Receipt Format
Goods Delivery Receipt Sample
Cash Acknowledgement Receipt Template
Blank Sale Receipt Template
How to Make a Receipt
Now that you are done learning about the basic elements, you must know the steps that will allow you to create a receipt. It is very important that you learn exactly what kind of information has to be placed and how they are going to be presented if you want to be able to make a professional and organized receipt.
So knowing that here are the steps that will allow you to come up with an effective receipt.
1. Gain Access to Apple Pages: When it comes to making any kind of document via Apple Pages, it is important for you to know that you will have to gain access to the program. Know that this program can only be used in iOS devices such as Macs. If you do not have one, then it is better than you use other programs that will still allow you to make your receipt. If you have access to Pages, then make sure that you are able to do the following:
- Click on the “Pages” icon.
- Choose from the list of templates that you want to use in order to make your receipt.
- Click Choose to open a new document by using the template you selected.
Remember that you can use Pages to help you create documents other than a receipt.
2. Create Your Receipt: Not that you know how to use Pages to make your receipt, you still have to make sure that what you end up making has all of the information it needs in order to serve its purpose. So here are the things that you are going to have to include:
- Item Description: It does not matter what items or how many good and services are listed down in the receipt, it is very important that each of them has their own descriptions. The point of this is so that both the buyer and the seller are aware of exactly what was provided during the transaction.
- Item Quantity: When listing down all of the goods and services provided, you will need to point out the exact quantity of every item that was handed over to the buyer. This is because the quantity can affect the subtotal which is important for acquiring the total amount that has to be paid.
- Subtotal: In order to get this, you’ll have to add up the prices of all the goods and services that have been provided to the buyer.
- Tax: This is what you are going to have to add to the subtotal.
- Total Amount: This is the result of the addition of tax to the subtotal. It is the final amount that needs to be paid by the buyer.
- Amount Paid: This would be the amount of money that the buyer has provided the seller in exchange for the goods and services.
- Change Received: This is the amount of change received by the buyer if he/she provides payment that is over the total amount.
- Method of Payment: The receipt needs to point out if the buyer paid in cash, check, credit card, etc.
Tips for Making a Receipt
- Do the calculations properly: Whether the number of items in the receipt or small or large in number, you still have to make sure that you make accurate computations of all the prices that need to be added up. You do not want to face complains from customers regarding the amount that has to be paid. So all you have to do is to do calculate everything properly to avoid issues.
- Check to see if it has all the information that it needs: You do not want to hand over a receipt that lacks crucial information such as the name of the company or the amount of tax that has to be factored into the subtotal. So what you are going to have to do is to check and see if the receipt has all of the information it needs.
Types of Receipt
Now that you have learned about the basic elements of a receipt and the steps that will allow you to make one, you must now learn about the different types that you can make. Take note that there are many types of transactions that can be made, which means that there are equally as many types of receipts for them. Knowing what receipt you can make will ensure that you create the appropriate one for the transaction that you have just concluded.
So knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Daycare Receipt
- Delivery Receipt
- School Receipt
- Rent Receipt
- Payment Receipt
- Company Receipt
- Sales Receipt
- Restaurant Receipt
If you would like to learn more about the other types of receipts that you can make, or if you want to learn how to make other types of documents, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get a hold of the articles that can help you out.
What other formats should I make my receipt in?
If you are going to make a receipt, then know that there are a ton of other formats that you can make it in. For example, you can use Microsoft Word and make the receipt in Word format should you wish to do so, or you can make it with a PDF program and make the file type PDF if you want it to have a more creative design. It’s mostly personal preference when it comes to choosing the format.
Is there an easy way to make one?
If you want an easy way of making a receipt, then all you have to do is to use a template. All you have to do is to choose the template that you want to use and then make any changes that you want to it until you are satisfied. If you like, you can use the ones that are available in this article.
So long as you make proper use of the information that this article has provided you, then you should not have to worry about coming up with a receipt for your business.