Is there a product, a service, or even an upcoming event that you would like to let others know about? Should your answer to that question be “yes”, then you can also look no further than flyers to help you in spreading awareness of whatever it is you are trying to promote?
Even in this golden age of information sharing, there is a continued place for the use of holiday flyers. It may not be as fast as online promotion, but it can work well with it nonetheless. Word of mouth may be a surprisingly effective promotional tactic, and having flyers will only serve to strengthen it. Cheap and easy to produce, there is a lot that holiday flyers bring to the table. Below is all the necessary information for you to take in regarding this amazing tool.
Elements of a Good Holiday Flyer
The creation of a good holiday flyer, although relatively simple, needs to include certain crucial elements in order for it to be considered an item of genuinely high quality. Said elements are not just exclusive to holiday flyers, but for flyers in general. Take a look at them below and see how they stack up:
- White Space: Although there are some that believe white space is there to help create a greater aesthetic value, the truth is that it is there to emphasize and give readers an area where their eyes can rest. Do not be tempted to fill in as much information into any available space; this would be overwhelming for most. Some blank areas will do more good for your flyer than not.
- The ‘Z’ pattern: When people scan your flyer, the pattern in which their eyes will move in is bound to be a ‘z’ pattern. Since we know this for a fact, it is best to ensure that your flyer design also makes it easy for people to do this. Start from the top left corner then make sure you end things in the bottom right.
- Consistency: Being consistent in what you put out will serve to endear you with your audience. This is a must because it helps build layers of trust and comfort with your readers. If they trust you, then they will be more receptive to whatever message you may be trying to convey.
- Simplicity: Avoid the temptation of over-stuffing your flyer with too much information or a design that is too wild. Less is more in this case; it would make a world of difference if you keep things short and simple. Doing this makes it a lot easier for your audience to get your message. Anything that goes beyond what is necessary will only become distractions.
Printable Thanksgiving Party Flyer Sample
4th of July Flyer Sample
Tour Travel Flyer Template
Free Labor Day BBQ Flyer Design
Free Easter Church Flyer Example
Free Easter Sunday Celebration Sample
Free Printable Easter Sunday Flyer Design
Holiday Promo Flyer Template
Steps to Make a Great Holiday Flyer
When it comes to the specific steps in making your own great holiday flyer, the following should set you on the right path:
- Map out your concept: The first step for you to take would be to plan and map out an overall concept for your flyer. Come up with every detail, such as what information to include, the aesthetics to be created, and how to bring it all together.
- Choose a format: Once you’ve got everything planned out, the next step would be to decide which format is the one for you. Should your idea involve the promotion of an offer, perhaps a one-sided flyer would be most appropriate. If your idea is information-heavy, then two-sided or even three-sided flyers would be the better idea.
- Keep things simple and direct: Being direct is always a good thing to do when it comes to creating flyers. Nothing too complex is needed since this will only serve to confuse or even bore your readers. Avoid needless information whenever possible.
- Choose an impactful design: The next step here would be to incorporate a design that not only personifies your brand’s identity but also leaves a notable impact with your readers. It must be effective to the point of gaining a person’s interest with a single glance. If you can succeed in doing that, then you’ve already scored a major point.
- Rank your information: In this step, you need to ensure that titles are highlighted, certain words are in bold or italic, and the size of the typography needs to be considered. Playing with the graphical elements to rank information is a great way to highlight the most important areas of your flyer.
- Utilize graphics resources: The graphics resources to use would be things like illustrations or photography. These things will allow you the chance to impress your reader and convey your company’s values. With that said, you need to choose your graphics resources carefully since a wrong photo may potentially ruin your branding.
- Select the right paper: This step concerns the durability of your flyers. It is important to choose the right type of paper for your designs, which means taking things like thickness and refining into account.
- Add your contact details: Lastly, you need to include your contact details in the flyers for the benefit of your own readers. Should they be interested in what you are promoting, they may want to talk to you further. By leaving contact details behind, you make it easier for readers to find you.
Tips for an Excellent Holiday Flyer
In addition to those steps, you may also want to look into the following tips so that you can ensure an even greater quality for your holiday flyers:
- A catchy headline always works: A headline is always going to be the first thing that will catch the attention of your reader. If it is not catchy enough, then you can bet your audience won’t stick around for much longer. Having a catchy headline ensures that your audience will be hooked to read on instead of moving on to something else.
- Add a CTA (Call to action): Having a call to action is among the most significant things you can do for your flyer. As its name suggests, this is what prompts your reader to take action, which may be just the nudge they needed in the first place.
- Never neglect to proofread: As wonderful as everything is, if you have typos or grammatical errors, you can be sure that your readers will be turned off. Never, ever neglect to proofread, since those errors are easy enough to detect and are even easier to correct.
Types of Holiday Flyers
When it comes to holiday flyers, there are at least three types that you can expect. Below are said types and a brief explanation behind each of them and how they differ from one another.
- Mailers: As implied by its name, a mailer is a flyer variant that reaches a reader directly through the mail. Although it tends to be used to promote specific products or services, it can also be used to promote certain events, like holiday-specific ones.
- Catalog: A catalog is a type of flyer that individuals or organizations employ to let their chosen audience know all about certain products or services, and in some cases even holiday-specific events. What separates this from the other types is the fact that this is more information-heavy.
- Gift certificates: When it comes to holiday flyers, these are dual-purpose documents that not only serves to promote your events but also end up as coupons or as gift certificates. Many will find this to be quite useful and attractive.
Holiday Flyer Template Sizes
As far as holiday flyer sizes are concerned, there are three main choices for you. These choices are the standard, the large format, and the half-sheet. When it comes to the specifics, the half-sheet is measured at 5.5 x 8.5 inches and is primarily chosen for the associated minimal printing costs.
The standard size is the industry standard and comes measured at 8.5 x 11 inches. Lastly, the large-format is measured at 11 x 17 inches; it is best for documents that need to be folded like a leaflet, broadsheet inserts, and restaurant menus.
Holiday Flyer FAQ
Is there a single method available for the creation of your own flyer?
No, but there are useful tips and steps that you can follow, such as the ones above. As you become more successful and knowledgeable, you may choose to develop your own way of doing things.
Is it always necessary for you to keep your customers in mind when making flyers?
Yes. It must never be understated how much your customers’ needs and wants to influence the creation of your flyers. They are the ones that dictate how successful your flyers are, as well as how successful your business is in general.
What comes after the designing of your flyers?
Once you have successfully used flyers to further communications with your readers or audience, the next step is to engage those interested and take your relationship with them to the next level.
What are the format file types when downloading flyers?
The supported file format types for each sales flyer template are bound to differ, but you can count on the following file formats to generally be available: MS Word, Adobe Photoshop, Mac Pages, Publisher, and Illustrator.
Template.net is where you want to go for all your holiday flyer needs. If you are looking for ways to further standardize your business or craft your brand’s identity, then you’ve come to the right place. With all the assistance you can get, bigger, faster, and better business processes are now within your grasp.