From the times of Ancient Rome to the late Ming Dynasty, newspapers have undergone from being hewn on stones to being painted on silk. News printing was considered as a crime years before, but the media fought for its place in the world today. People needed to know all about the daily happenings, and newspapers are the best solution. To know and find more about newspaper templates, keep scrolling!
11+ Newspaper Templates in Publisher
Newspaper formatting and designing can be quite a pain in the neck, but with the help of the internet, newspaper templates are easier to access. These templates are editable using Microsoft Publisher, feel free to look through each.
Political Newspaper Template
Financial Newspaper Template
Health Newspaper Template
Food and Health Newspaper
Elements of a Good Newspaper
Newspapers deliver the freshest news each day and these black and white papers are not just educational, they’re revolutionary. Social awareness is very important nowadays, and while getting updated is just a click away, nothing beats the reliability of a printed newspaper. So how can you make a good newspaper? Take note of these elements.
1. Newspaper name: The newspaper name must be well thought of because this name will bear the reputation of it. Maybe you can get some inspiration from the cultural background of where you are staying, or get some idea from the objective of why you made that newspaper in the first place.
2. A striking headline: Nothing else catches the attention of a passerby than a striking headline. It can be witty, smart, hilarious, or intriguing. The news headline must bear the gist of the entire news in a sentence— short but impactful.
3. Other newspaper elements: A newspaper is a systematized body of all the information and news the world can offer. It’s suicide to just throw in any information in there without organizing it. Here’s a brief description of the different sections of a newspaper:
- Section A: Editorial, local news, international news, opinions
- Section B: entertainment, people, crossword, horoscope
- Section C: Health, education, culture
- Section D: Sports
4. Colored photographs: Gone were the days of the black and white newspapers that also had black and white photographs. Thanks to modernization, things took a turn for the press printing, and colored photographs were used. Make sure to use relevant photos to your news and make sure to credit the photographer.
Real Estate Newspaper Template
Religious Newspaper Template
Art and Culture Newspaper Template
Steps How to Make a Great Newspaper
Now that we have looked through some newspaper templates, let’s get to the process part. Making newspapers shouldn’t be as hard with the help of this section. Here are some brief instructions.
1. Determine Target Audience
It’s important to settle on a target audience for your newspaper most especially for beginners. Doing so can help make your job easier because you only have to focus on what interests them and that is so much easier compared to publishing your paper nationally.
2. Start Writing and Gathering News
After deciding on your target audience, start making relevant news. If you must feature other articles or news stories, make sure to ask permission from the owners of the publication. The news you have written must be timely, relevant, and most importantly, factual. This rule goes most importantly for political newspapers.
3. Edit your News:
Edit your news a lot of times. Fact checks the details and makes sure that it has been grammar checked. This is probably going to be your first newspaper, so make sure that you have established a good reputation for your media.
4. Design your Newspaper
Use a design desktop publishing program, such as Microsoft Publisher. If you want a more convenient way of making a newspaper, feel free to chose from among the templates embedded in this article. These templates are pre-designed, this means that there’s so little left to do to make a newspaper.
5. Print your Newspaper
Have your simple newspaper template professionally printed at a printing shop. You also have the option of printing a mock-up before printing multiple copies of it. Based on the size, if your template can be printed using your own printer, make sure to check the quality of the output. The words have to be readable because that’s simply what a newspaper is for.
Automobile Newspaper Template
Tips for a Great Newspaper
- Online publication: Consider making an online publication in your newspaper. A lot of people nowadays prefer reading from their gadgets, so you better take that to your advantage.
- Finance and sponsorship: Determine how will you fund the production of your newspaper. Is it a self-financed publication? Or are you going to look for sponsors? This is very important most especially if you’re trying to have a weekly publication because the funding should be consistent.
- Set a deadline: Determine the release date of your newspaper, and work backward from that day on. Procrastination is your enemy and the world is booming with a lot of news every minute. Making a newspaper requires dedication and it’s a commitment.
Interior Design Newspaper
Travel Newspaper Template
Free Sports Newspaper Template
Free Technology Newspaper
Types of Newspaper
There are five different types of newspapers, each serving a purpose on its own. To help you determine what type of newspaper to produce, here are some brief descriptions of each.
- Free newspaper: These are the newspapers displayed at racks or roadside tables. They’re given away for free.
- Paid newspaper: They have a cover price and is usually for subscriptions. One example of this is newspapers that feature expensive cars.
- Tabloids: These have short reports and more on pictures. They usually cover sensational stories such as the entertainment industry.
- Broadsheet: Broadsheets have the largest newspaper format and they cover everything from local and international news, traveling articles, health pieces, technology write-ups, to sports sections.
- School newspapers: These are made and published by students. Most of the stories cover the activities within their school.
Sizes of Newspaper
The newspaper templates embedded in this article does not follow a standard sizing, so you can scale them to any size you want. However, for your preference, written below are some standard sizes according to the type of newspaper.
- Broadsheet: 23.5″ x 29.5″
- Tabloid: 11.0″ x 16.9″
FAQs on Newspapers
1. Define a Newspaper.
A newspaper can be defined as a publication that contains information about the happenings all around the world. It contains news, features, advertisements, etc. It is usually typed in black ink and is one of the oldest ways to get to know what is happening in and around the community.
2. Why is a Newspaper important?
A newspaper carries information about the events occurring all around the world. They provide details and also, basic general knowledge to its readers. Newspapers provide data on a country’s economic situation, sports, games, entertainment, trade, commerce, etc. Reading a newspaper is a good habit and one must inculcate this in their daily lives.
3. What does a Newspaper include?
A newspaper includes basic details that all age groups find interesting. It has news about political events, business, crime, sports, etc. It also has photographs to illustrate stories, comics, crosswords, games, horoscopes, etc. It contains weather and other entertainment news that might grab the attention of the readers.
4. What are the rules for Writing a Newspaper?
Before setting off to write a story, orient yourself with some journalism ethics. There are lines that you shouldn’t cross when writing stories, so you must keep them in mind while writing news. You must not defame anyone. If you do so, you can land in trouble. You must publish news frequently to keep your newspaper alive.
5. How can you Finance your Newspaper?
If you are looking for a long-term position in the publication industry, you need to find an efficient way to fund your newspaper production. You can consider looking for sponsors or through subscriptions. It depends on how frequently you will be publishing news to prepare the right budget you need for your newspaper.