From the times of Ancient Rome to the late Ming Dynasty, newspapers have underwent from being hewn on stones to being painted on silk. News printing was considered as a crime years before, but media fought for its place in this world today. People needed to be in on the daily happenings, and newspapers were the best solution. You may also see Newspaper Templates.
Newspapers deliver the freshest news each day and these black and white papers are not just educational, they’re revolutionary. Social awareness is very important nowadays, and while getting updated is just a click away, nothing beats the reliability of a printed newspaper. So how can you make a good newspaper? Take note of these elements.
1. Newspaper name: The newspaper name must be well thought of because this name will bear the reputation of it. Maybe you can get some inspiration from the cultural background of where you are staying, or get some idea from the objective of why you made that newspaper in the first place.
2. A striking headline: Nothing else catches the attention of a passerby than a striking headline. It can be witty, smart, hilarious, or intriguing. The news headline must bear the gist of the entire news in a sentence— short but impactful.
3. Other newspaper elements: A newspaper is a systematized body of all the information and news the world can offer. It’s suicide to just throw in any information in there without organizing it. Here’s a brief description of the different sections of a newspaper:
4. Colored photographs: Gone were the days of the black and white newspapers that also had black and white photographs. Thanks to modernization, things took a turn for the press printing, and colored photographs were used. Make sure to use relevant photos to your news and make sure to credit the photographer.
Newspaper formatting and designing can be quite a pain in the neck, but with the help of the internet, newspaper templates are easier to access. These templates are editable using Microsoft Publisher, feel free to look through each.
Now that we have looked through some newspaper templates, let’s get to the process part. Making newspapers shouldn’t be as hard with the help of this section. Here are some brief instructions.
1. Determine target audience: It’s important to settle on a target audience for your newspaper most especially for beginners. Doing so can help make your job easier because you only have to focus on the what interests them and that is so much easier compared to publishing you paper nationally.
2. Start writing & gathering news: After deciding on your target audience, start making relevant news. If you must feature other articles or news stories, make sure to ask permission from the owners or the publication. The news you have written must be timely, relevant, and most importantly, factual. This rule goes most importantly for political newspapers.
3. Edit your news: Edit your news a lot of times. Fact check the details and make sure that it has been grammar checked. This is probably going to be your first newspaper, so make sure that you have established a good reputation for your media.
4. Design your newspaper: Use a design desktop publishing program, such as Microsoft Publisher. If you want a more convenient way of making a newspaper, feel free to chose from among the templates embedded in this article. These templates are pre-designed, this means that there’s so little left to do to make a newspaper.
5. Print your newspaper: Have your newspaper template professionally printed at a printing shop. You also have the option of printing a mock-up before printing multiple copies of it. Based on the size, if your template can be printed using your own printer, make sure to check the quality of the output. The words have to be readable because that’s simply what a newspaper is for.
There are five different types of newspaper, each serving a purpose on its own. To help you determine what type of newspaper to produce, here are some brief description of each.
The newspaper templates embedded in this article does not follow a standard sizing, so you can scale them to any size you want. However, for your preference, written below are some standard sizes according to the type of newspaper.
You can consider looking for sponsors or through subscription. If you are looking for a long-term position in the publication industry. you need to find an efficient way to fund your newspaper production. Along with the finances, you also have to take in mind how frequent are you going to publish. If it’s a weekly paper, you might have to prepare a bigger budget compared to a monthly paper.
Before setting off to write a story, orient yourself with some journalism ethics. There are lines that you shouldn’t cross when writing stories, so might as well educate yourself about it.