How to Make a Development Gantt Chart?
The Gantt chart's features, such as the timeline table, timeline bar chart, etc., according to Study, serves as an excellent tool in tracking the progress of a particular project or activity. At the same time, it serves as an excellent guide in presenting the roles and responsibilities assigned for the tasks and the expected deliverables of the project.
1. Enumerate the Tasks and Schedule for Your Project
Start by identifying your project's goals. Enumerate your tasks, activities, and the workflow of your project. You may categorize larger tasks into subgroups to make it understandable for your readers. Then, add a specific schedule for each activity.
2. Set the Duration for Each Task of Your Project
Whether you are performing software development, a construction project, or an event planning, you need to set the duration of each task stated in your Gantt chart. Then indicate the names of the people who shall take full responsibility for each task.
3. Insert the Dates and Add the Description of Your Task in the Chart
Now that you have set the duration for each task insert your dates in the chart. Be sure to display the start and completion date for each task. Don't forget to include the holidays in your calculation, your employees also need to rest, and you don't want to miss your deadline.
4. Organize, Design, and Finalize Your Gantt Chart
Once you have described how each task shall take place, organize, and design your organizational chart. Keep it clear and straightforward, then finalize everything before you submit it to your manager.
What is a Gantt chart?
A Gantt chart illustrates the breakdown of the duration and sequence of each task during the project. This document projects the overall schedule and expected output of the project from its starting date until its completion date.
Why is a Gantt chart important?
Gantt charts allow you to think through all the tasks and processes involved in your project, ensuring that each schedule is workable with the right people assigned to perform each task. At the same time, this chart helps you deliver and complete tasks on time while updating you and your team for every change that may occur during the project.
What are the advantages of a Gantt chart?
1. Easy to illustrate tasks, sub-task, and milestones of the project
2. Presents the schedules of each task and activities of the project
3. Helps in managing the team and the ongoing project
4. Provides efficient project time management
5. Assigns people to their respective roles and responsibilities
6. Keeps track with the progress of the project
7. Excellent communication tool for team meetings
How do you make a good Gantt chart?
1. Create task groups
2. Provide detail for each task
3. Identify people responsible for each task
4. Prove the duration for each task
5. Take note of holidays and time offs
6. Check the availability of the team to handle projects
What are the main features of a Gantt chart?
1. Timeline Table - area that provides the duration of tasks for the project
2. Timeline Bar Chart - represents the schedule, relationships, and progress of the project
3. Gantt Bar- graphically represents the type of task done for the project
4. Time Scale - shows the interval for each task
5. Current Date Line - shows the dates of the when a task starts and ends
6. Project Milestone - marks the significant changes and developments of the project