For many people, trying to attain their dream home is going to cost them a sheer, eye-watering amount of money. This is where the mortgage loan industry makes its living. They will loan you the amount to get a mortgage on the house, which you will then have to pay back incrementally until it is paid off and the house is fully yours. But how do you go about getting that huge loan in the first place?
Most lending institutions will require that you submit a loan application to them first. They are either providing this form, or you will have to supply one of your own. To help you make good on this and get the money you need, use an application template from this list of free PDF documents.
Mortgage Loan Application Template
Commercial Mortgage Application Template
Standard Mortgage Application Template
Elements of a Good Loan Application
Wherever a serious amount of money is involved, there will be paperwork and a lot of consideration. This applies whether you are filling out a Loan Application or a Credit Application. Naturally, lenders are not going to be throwing money at everyone who applies. They require just enough detail to convince them you are worth lending the money to.
If you leave out any of the crucial information, your application will be immediately rejected. Make sure you have a good chance at getting to the processing stage by ensuring you have these details covered:
- Your full name, address, and contact information
- Your social security number
- Your monthly income
- Address of the property you are looking to mortgage
- Estimated value of the property (the agent or seller should be able to tell you this)
- The total loan amount you are requesting
These are the basic details any mortgage application requires, but they are not the only details. Some lenders will require additional information, depending on the specific situation surrounding your case.
To make things easier for you, completely filling out any of these free mortgage application forms will make sure the lenders have all the information they need.
Also keep these in mind:
- Make sure to ask at the institution you are applying at whether any additional details aside from the abovementioned are needed at the first stage of the loan process (i.e., before you submit an application).
- Also ask whether they provide applications or whether you will have to supply your own. Some institutions accept applications orally as long as the key elements are put down on paper.
- Finally, have a real estate attorney (or any savvy attorney) to look over your application for you before you submit it.
Self-Employed Mortgage Application
Joint Mortgage Application Template
Generic Mortgage Application
How to Use These Templates
These forms are available as PDF files you can download and print for free. There will be a variety to cover different situations and application types, depending on your needs.
- For most general purposes, the Generic Mortgage Application or the Standard Mortgage Application should suffice.
- If you and your partner or spouse are looking to purchase a house under joint title, use the Joint Mortgage Application Template.
- If you are self-employed and your monthly income might not be as stable, use the Self-Employed Mortgage Application.
- If you’re looking to mortgage commercial property, use the Commercial Mortgage Application. It is relatively rare for companies to want to buy, and you can also look into just using a Rental Application to lease the property.