Nowadays, most people make liberal use of tools like chart templates in order to help organize their routines. In businesses alone, you can find such tools as a flow chart template to help keep one’s workflow organized so as to maximize his efficiency, though this is one example among others.
Of course, not all charts are necessarily limited to the workplace, as you can find charts practically anywhere by now. For example, some homes may use a chore chart template to delegate chores among different members of the family so that everyone contributes to maintaining the house. Keep your eyes open, and you may find yet more kinds of chart templates.
Flow Chart Templates
Comparison Chart Templates
Organizational Chart Templates
What Is a Chart Template?
A chart template is, as the name implies, a framework for you to make your own charts. With the help of something like free chart templates, you can easily produce charts for anything you may need, as there are many kinds of charts available, such as:
- Progress charts, which can be used to track the progress of something over time. This general type can come in many forms, such as diet charts, work charts, and others.
- Organizational charts, which can help order different concepts into a more streamlined, understandable form. This can be seen in charts detailing any organization’s organizational structure, which can show you that group’s hierarchy.
What Can You Find in a Chart Template?
No matter the type of chart, you may find notable similarities among different kinds, such as chore chart templates and Excel template chart. Many of those include the elements present that make up each chart, such as:
- The categories, which exist to divide your data into distinct categories. For example, if you were tracking progress over a week, each day’s progress is separate from the others.
- You may also find lines in particular charts, which exist to establish relationships between different categories. This helps to contextualize each category with one another.
- Variables, which are the different factors that you would be tracking according to what each chart is for.
Chore Chart Templates
Timeline Chart Template
Behavior Chart Template
Family Tree Chart Template
Five Generation Chart
Who Can Use these Chart Templates?
Since there are so many possible uses for these chart templates, one might wonder who can possibly use them. Fortunately for many, the variety of chart templates makes it more than possible for anyone to use them, especially if they use tools like a blank chart template. Specifically, just some of the many kinds of people who could find a use for such templates include:
- Scientists, of all people, would have a particular use for such templates, being that much of their work relies on compiling and organizing data. That there are different kinds of charts simply means that they have more tools for use in their line of work.
- Managers can definitely find a use for various charts, namely flow charts, progress charts, time charts, and others. Such charts would be especially useful in helping managers monitor their employees and maximize their output in the name of increasing productivity in the workplace.
- Parents are another example of people who could find a use for different chart templates. One’s first thought might be to think of chore charts, but parents could use diet and medicine charts to help look after the health and welfare of their children.
- Teachers are much in the same boat as managers, as they can use different charts to monitor and streamline their students. Flowcharts could be used to help maximize student efficiency in the classroom, while tools like attendance and performance charts could be used to make sure students remain orderly and contribute to their own development.
- Students can use some of the same charts as teachers and scientists, which is unsurprising considering that they are themselves studying. This includes progress and attendance charts, as well as specialized charts that may be useful for particular projects, such as a family tree chart templates.
Medication Chart Template
Seating Chart Templates
Food Chart Templates
How Do You Create a Chart in Word?
You can also your own charts on programs like Microsoft Word. Word can upload a printable chore chart or Pert chart templates as templates, but you can make your own by:
- Find the Insert tab on the Illustrations group to find Chart, then click it.
- There, you can find a selection of charts that you can choose from so you can find whatever suits you.
- The chart also comes with its own spreadsheet so that you can edit whatever data you need to add.
Why Would You Want to Use Chart Templates in Word?
Most people tend to use Excel for making charts and spreadsheets, though it is also possible to use simple chart templates on Word, for reasons such as:
- Some charts may be verbose than an Excel file might allow, like responsibility chart templates, so Word might be a better choice for those.
- Or if your chart is only part of a greater whole, like a research paper, it may be more convenient for you to simply stay on Word so you can refer to your data more conveniently.
Control Chart Templates
Color Chart Template
Growth Chart Templates
Tips for Using Chart Templates
In order to improve how you use your chart templates, you might want to take some tips into consideration. These tips might be quite helpful when it comes to helping you keep track of your charts and the data on them.
- Plan before you start so that you do not get stuck trying to untangle your chart in case of any complications. Having a plan before starting would allow you to think about what you want from your chart before doing anything.
- Choose a simple design for your chart, especially if you use a blank template like a blank table template. This would allow you to keep track of all your variables without getting overwhelmed.
- Put only what variables you need, so that you are not overloaded with data. This makes sure that your chart will be more streamlined and tell you only what you need to know.
- Find a good system to use for your chart. For example, if you are using a chronological chart, arrange your chart by definite time periods, like weeks or months.
You can also find other kinds of templates all over this site, if you need them. That way, you can be more or less assured of finding the right tools for any task.