Potty-training charts are tools that you may use to boost your child’s enthusiasm to engage and excel in the potty-training exercises. A chore chart works to engage children and teach them to value responsibility and to discipline themselves in accomplishing their chores. Similar to this arrangement, potty-training charts make it easy for parents to record and monitor the potty-training milestones of their children.
Charts are indeed a great avenue for inspiring and motivating individuals and group of individuals to commit to their training and reap more rewards. To further enhance the efficacy of your potty-training charts, you may also create a flow chart that highlights your approaches and techniques in teaching your children basic life literacy.
How to Come Up with a Potty-training Calendar
For parents, potty-training their children is not an easy job. Children are easy to distract and also difficult to teach specifically during their toddler years. In line with this, printable chart templates are good investments on the parent’s end to make their child commit and enjoy while participating in his or her potty-training. In coming up with a potty-training calendar, you may refer to the following points:
- Give time for your children. By its very nature, potty training would demand attention, patience, and time from parents. To effectively schedule the potty-training activities for your child, you need to make time for your him or her and set a schedule for them.
- Document each step. In line with this, you may also use a timer in documenting the potty-training activities prepared for your child. Furthermore, you may also use chart templates in Excel in documenting the results of the said activities/
- Consider the context of your child or children. In terms of conducting potty-training exercises, the parent must consider the medical condition and overall state of the child. You may also ask suggestions from your family doctor for more detailed information.
Top Tips in Improving Your Potty-Training Chart
According to research, potty-training is one of the biggest milestones that may mark the end of babyhood. Other than the free chart templates provided, you may consider the following:
- Adopt an engaging chart-theme. One way of getting the attention of your child is by using design elements in the chart that can spark their interests. In here, you need to consider the preferences of your child such as his or her favorite color, favorite cartoon character, and many more.
- Make it simple and comprehensible. As much as possible, simple chart templates are perfect for potty-training purposes. The language and symbolism used must be easy to understand and comprehend. Make your chart simple and engaging at the same time.
- Incorporate a reward mechanism. You can also arrange incentives in the conduct of potty-training activities. Incentives and rewards can boost the enthusiasm and motivation of your child or children to participate in the potty-training activities.
And lastly, refer to high-quality potty-training chart templates. Rather than starting from scratch, potty-training chart templates allow you to save time and resources. Just ensure to customize the template in accord with the preferences and context of your children.