Those who have ever been in charge of organizing a wedding know that there are a lot of things that need to be set up and finalized before the big day. Everything from the entertainment to the caterers has to be taken into account to ensure that the wedding day is a success.
With that being said, it’s important to strike a deal with those who can provide whatever is necessary for the event. Meaning that all the terms and conditions need to be discussed to find out who provides what and how much everything will cost. This is all done through wedding contracts and this article will tell you about the different types and how they are used.
MS Word Wedding Planner Contract
Wedding Photography Contract
Wedding Contract Template in Word
Sample Wedding Contract Certificate Template
Printable Wedding Contract Certificate Template
Wedding Contract Template PDF Format
Wedding and Bridal Makeup Contract Template
Wedding Planner Contract Template Download
Legal Wedding Contract Template
What is a wedding contract?
A wedding contract is a documents essential that contains an agreement between two parties that’s related to the development of a wedding celebration. One party involves the bride and groom while the other party can consist of government agencies or it could be companies such as catering contract or venue owners. With this contract, both parties will be able to discuss the terms on how, what, when, and where the service or product will be provided and how the providers will be compensated. So be sure to go through the contract before signing it.
Different types of wedding contracts
Since there are a lot of things to go over in a wedding, there are also a lot of wedding contracts that can be used. So here are some examples of these different types of contracts:
- Wedding photography contract. This is the type of document that’s formed between the couple and the wedding photographer. Every wedding needs a good photographer to capture those beautiful moments, but these photographers don’t come cheap. The contract discusses the time and place where the photographer will provide his or her services, as well as any other additional services that the couple would require.
- Wedding venue contract. This document is what a soon-to-be-married couple is going to need in order to discuss how the venue is going to be used and the date when the wedding ceremony will take place in the venue. This ensures the couple that the venue they would like to have their wedding in is booked specifically on the day that they need it. However, they will also have to comply with the terms and conditions regarding what can and cannot be done during their time utilizing the location.
- Florist wedding contract. This is to ensure that the florist in charge of decorating the wedding venue understands the types of flowers that need to be used, as well as when everything should be ready. So if ever you have issues regarding the services that you’ve asked from the florist you’ve picked out, then go through this contract to help you settle any problem that you may encounter.
- Catering services for wedding contract.This kind of contract should include the particular catering service that you hired to take part in your wedding. This document should discuss the list of food or the menu that’s to be served during wedding celebration, the prices for any services that are rendered, and any other additional inclusions that the couple need from the catering service.
What is in a wedding contract?
Wedding contracts differ from normal contracts due to their use and contents particularly focusing on wedding matters. Since this contract is specifically intended for wedding celebrations or wedding event programs, there are certain pieces of information that you can find in it that cannot be found in other contracts. So here are the details that you can find within this type of document:
- The date and time of when the wedding shall take place
- The venue where the wedding will be held
- The location of the wedding reception
- The names of both the bride and groom
- The complete name of the person in charge of organizing the wedding
- The complete name of the wedding planner
- The complete name of the wedding photographer
- The complete name of the wedding singer/singers or band
- The name of the catering service
- The complete name of the makeup artist or hairstylist
- Details regarding the vehicle for the wedding ceremony
Remember that different wedding contracts will require you to include different information, so remember to check thoroughly to know what you’re going to have to state in the contract template.
Regional Wedding Contract Sample
Simple Wedding Contract Template
Wedding Venue Contract Template
Editable Christian Wedding Contract
Printable Wedding Contract Template Download
Things you should know about wedding contracts
- The scope of service contract is important for just about wedding contact as this is the part where your vendor specifies what you’re getting for the amount of money that you’re willing to pay. Basically, this part of the contract template in pdf has to tell you things like the number of hours’ service that you’ll be acquiring or the list of products that you will be provided with. So you’re going to have to be clear on what these vendors are going to provide you and what’s not included within the contract. This is so that everyone’s expectations are in perfect unison and that there are no conflicts during or after the wedding ceremony.
- You would never want to cancel your wedding, but there are times where certain situations might cause problems. For example, certain weather conditions might force you to hold the ceremony at a different location and at a different time. Cancellations can also happen due to unforeseen circumstances in your vendor’s life. This is why you have to carefully go through the cancellation notice that’s described within the contract. You’ll have to review everything that could happen as well as the repercussions that are involved (such as the refunding of your retainer).
- The name of the person that gets to sign the contract is very important and a lot of people take this for granted. Besides you and your partner, if another party such as your close personal friends are helping pay for the services, then that would make them part of the ultimate client. That means that if a vendor comes across a certain disagreement, then they’ll ultimately go to the person whose name is signed within the service contract. Gathering signatures can be a bit of a handful, especially if you have more than a dozen vendor contracts to deal with, so it’s best that vendors offer simple e-signing. So ask your vendor if he or she offers e-signing to help you save time.
- Since the planning process would usually take around a year or more, most likely there are going to be changes along the way. For example, you may want to change the venue of the wedding or there might be a sudden increase in the number of guests that are attending. Wedding event planning is a fluid process, so go over your wedding contracts to see if your vendors allow any form of flexibility as well as seeing what certain changes could mean (this would often lead to additional costs for more time or supplies). You should also remember that these changes have to be in writing.
- If you’re having a wedding that’s taking place outside of the country, or if you’re having one that’s out of the city, travel to that location is something that should be addressed within the wedding contract. You’re going to have to look out for surcharges that go beyond a certain mileage, and you’re going to have to discuss with the vendor whether or not you’re responsible for covering his or her airfare and hotel booking. You should also discuss whether the vendor would require that you provide him or her with meals. All of these travel-related details will most likely change the cost and it can also lead to additional arrangements on your end.
- Most vendors will require you to pay for an additional booking retainer and then another payment during the planning process, as well as a final payment just before the start of your wedding. Make sure that the schedule template of payments and the amount are all clearly spelled out in the wedding contract so that you’ll be able to budget everything ahead of time. As you may well know, a lot of vendors that you’re going to deal with will result in a lot of payments that you’re going to have to make and keep track of. So to save you the hassle, it’s recommended that you opt for vendors who offer simple online payments. This way, you’ll easily be able to make these said payments as well as help you remember when these payments should be made as they may provide you with online reminders.
If you would like to know more about wedding contracts and if you would like to learn how to create them, all you have to do is simply go through any of our available articles that can give you the information that you need.