If you’re lucky enough to organize or plan a wedding, whether it’s your own or someone else’s, then you should know that guests are going to need a document that lists the important wedding events that are going to take place.
So in order to do that, those in charge of organizing the wedding are going to have to come up with a document that contains the sequence of events, as well as who’s in charge of certain activities taking place during the wedding. This is why there are wedding ceremony templates that people can download or create so that they may be able to convey all of this information to every wedding guest.
Wedding Ceremony Invitation Card Template
Ceremony Wedding Menu Template
Wedding Ceremony Ticket Template
Wedding Ceremony Menu Template
Sample Wedding Ceremony Template
Printable Wedding Ceremony Template Free
Wedding Ceremony Template in Word Document Free
Wedding Ceremony Template in PDF Format
Traditionally Designed Wedding Ceremony Template
Order of events for a wedding ceremony
If you’re going to use wedding ceremony program templates, then you should know the order of events that you’re going to be listed in them. So below is the traditional wedding ceremony order of events to help guide you:
- The procession. This is where the wedding party would be walking down the aisle and taking their places for the ceremony. You can make each party walk to the altar separately to show that the two of you are coming from different background designs. In a Christian procession, the bride should be accompanied by the father while the groom waits for her by the altar. During a Jewish procession, it would be the groom’s parents that would escort him down the aisle while the bride’s parents escort her.
- The officiant’s opening remarks. This is the part where you hear the words “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today…” While there is some that start with “Family and friends…” it’s not usually done.
- The officiant addresses the couple. This is the part where the officiant can emphasize the significance of the vows that the couple is about to exchange. You can also have the officiant state some reminders of the couple’s duties and roles when it comes to marriage.
- The exchange of vows. A vow is basically what the bride and groom promise each other during their married life. So you can decide to repeat the common and familiar “to have and to hold, for better or for worse” vows, or you can opt to recite the ones that you and your soon-to-be spouse have written yourselves.
- The exchange of rings. This is the part where someone you’ve appointed comes to deliver your wedding rings. As the rings are being exchanged, you would usually say “With this ring, I thee wed.” You can also come up with another way of saying this.
- The pronouncement of the marriage. This is the part where the officiant states that the two of you are now a married couple. Basically, it’s the part where the officiant says, “I know pronounce you husband and wife.”
- The kiss. This is the part where the newlyweds kiss for the first time as a married couple.
- The closing remarks. This is where the officiant wraps everything up with some last words and, in the event of a religious wedding, a blessing.
- The recessional. This is basically the reverse of the professional. This is where the newlyweds exit the ceremony together. They are then followed by the wedding party.
Example of Wedding Ceremony Template
Simple Wedding Ceremony Template
Marriage Ceremony Party Template Free
The dos and don’ts of wedding ceremony planning
While it is exciting to choose the best wedding cake and flavors rather than writing vows and ceremony programs, you still have to remember that the ceremony is going to be the most important part of your wedding day. If you have everything for the ceremony prepared and if you have already made a fixed schedule for it, then things are going to run a lot smoother. So here are the top dos and don’ts when it comes to planning your own wedding ceremony:
- Do get to know your officiant ahead of time. This is the person who’s going to lead the ceremony and the person that’s in charge of helping you get through the emotional commitment that you’re making. This is the reason why it’s vital that you choose an officiant that you’re comfortable with. By knowing this person ahead of time, your wedding program is going to feel much more intimate as well as authentic. You don’t really have to do a formal meeting—you can opt to grab a coffee with the officiant you picked out or you can sign up for premarital counseling sessions.
- Don’t pick a location that’s far away from your reception. By having your ceremony space close to your reception venue, it makes things easier for you as well as help in cutting costs. This would be things like venue rental, transportation, and even wedding photographers and videographers. So you’re going to have to book a ceremony venue that’s nearby or you can even opt for the same place for your reception. This way, you’ll have more time for things like taking photos or mingling with your guests during certain parts of the ceremony.
- Do offer comfortable seating for all of your guests. If the guests are comfortable, then they’ll be able to enjoy focusing on your ceremony. So you’re going to have to add colorful cushions to your church pews if you want, or you can go for some sturdier chairs. You’ll also have to think about the setup, meaning that you’re going to have to put enough space between the chairs and rows so that guests would have enough leg room and elbow room.
- Don’t get too hung up on the program. Your wedding program guide can include anything from song lyrics to the story of how you and your spouse met. Don’t stress about putting down every thought, or worry about acknowledging every guest. This way, you’ll be able to have more time when it comes to focusing on things like choosing the perfect catering service or just about anything else that involves the wedding.
So if you would like to know more regarding wedding ceremonies or get wedding templates that will allow you to list the details regarding the ceremony, then you can go through any of our available articles that should be able to help you out.