When you have requested for some electrical works into your house or for your company where you are currently connected, you will be requiring an electrical invoice. It does not need a lot of time to release it because electrical invoice writing would simply take a few minutes especially if the problem is not that serious.
Electrical invoices, in return, demand invoice payments depending on what terms have been agreed prior the release. However, payment cannot be done unless the invoice itself is complete and perfect. If you need some samples of electrical invoice templates like contractor invoice, electrical work, and blank invoice, scroll down further and you might be able to find what you are looking for.
What is an Electrical Invoice?
An electrical invoice is a non-negotiable instrument released by an electrical company or provider for the electrical materials or services that it has delivered o rendered to the customer or client. Similar to service invoice templates and basic invoice template, some essential elements of an electrical invoice are as follows:
- Company details, which refer to its physical address or location, contact number, registration or license number, and the like.
- Date, which pertains to the date the transaction took place.
- The amount involved, which is the monetary value of the products or services provided to the customer.
- Customer details, including the name, contact number and location.
- Other terms and condition, which refers to warranty clauses, terms of payment, cancellation of the transaction, and the like.
Inclusions of an Invoicefor Electrical Work
The following factors should be taken into utmost consideration while issuing an invoice for electrical work:
- Work order number, which is also known as the job order number.
- Invoice number, which is the series number of the invoice being used for registration or accounting purposes.
- Service provider details, such as its location, contact number, registration numbers, among others.
- Description or scope of services rendered, which pertains to all services provided per the customer’s request along with quantity, unit price, and total value. Tax may be included or invoiced separately using tax invoice templates.
Guidelines and Tips for Electrical Invoice?
Aside from checking available sales invoice template or Excel invoice template online, the following tips and guidelines are being offered in creating an electrical invoice:
- Services rendered must be completely and legibly written so that the invoice itself can be used for future references. In case there would be needing a follow-up transaction, technicians next in line will not be having a hard time understanding what had been done in the past.
- Electrical invoices must be acknowledged by the customer by way of affixing his signature upon receiving. In this way, service providers could have proof against the customer should the latter fails to pay in due time for the reason of not being able to receive the same.
- Each service must have its corresponding cost so as to inform the customer of the breakdown of cost for all the services that he has acquired.
- Some service providers prefer the release of a proforma invoice prior the actual service and the release of the billing invoice. Supposedly, this is not to shock the customer once the bill arrives.
There are nothing wrong when following some guidelines in creating an electrical invoice. Unlike other tradings, electrical services are something that cannot be taken lightly only as they involve few days, the right people, and the materials before they would be completed.