A rent invoice is a document type that records and confirms a payment for a rent. Though there are different regulations in providing rent invoices in different countries, however, regardless if they are required by law or not, it is always good practice to hand out a rent invoice to a tenant.
When it comes to creating your rent invoice, there is a much simple and faster way, and that is with a use of templates. This page offers an array of rent invoice templates that you can make use of. With these templates, you can track all payments, invoices, and late fees charged to your tenants.
Monthly Rent Invoice
Samples of Our Rent Invoice Templates
Looking for a professional and well-made rent invoice templates? The following samples are what you’ve been seeking for. These are ready-made and pre-formatted. Choose which one you think suits your needs.
- Monthly Rent Invoice Template – This is an invoice designed for a rent on a monthly basis. If you’re looking for an invoice of this kind, perhaps you want to download this one. This contains relevant information needed in a monthly rent invoice.
- House Rent Invoice Template – Want to have a ready-made invoice for house rent? A template that has complete details necessary for a house rent invoice. Details include the tenants names, location, duration of rent, maintenance specifications, and more.
- Commercial Property Invoice Template – This is a rent invoice that focuses on the rental of commercial property, such as office spaces or shops, intended to generate a profit.
- Blank Rental Invoice Template – Want to have a blank invoice template where you will be the ones to add all needed details? Then this template is exactly what you need.
We also offer invoice format templates for more options. These are pre-formatted templates too.
Blank Rental Invoice
Payment Invoice for Rent
Rent Invoice Sample
Steps in Making a Rent Invoice in QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a type of accounting software where creating a rent invoice is possible. If you have this type of software, these are the steps on how to make a rent invoice using it.
- Gather all details regarding the renter, this includes the name and other identifying data. Ensure you have the correct housing unit number for the tenant.
- Determine clearly your business and contact details on the rent invoice.
- Start choosing an appropriate template from QuickBooks.
- Then select the “Create Invoice” option found on the customer menu.
- Click on “Customer:Job” for you to choose a previously programmed tenant. In case the tenant is not previously in the system, use the “Add New” command.
- Make use of class tracking as much as possible. This additional feature on invoices provides more advanced record-keeping.
- Start entering the line items. This section is where the landlord bills for the rental amount by month and other relevant details.
- Type a message for the tenant. This can be found on the QuickBooks message option.
- Once done, click print in printing a copy for yourself and for the tenant.
For our template choices, we also have lease invoice template samples that you can download right away.