With an array of tasks and daily activities to get done, people tend to be unorganized. Priorities and deadlines are not met and even responsibilities are missed on some days. It is important to create a task list for these reasons. Getting organized increases productivity whether at work, school, or the home.
One just needs the discipline and initiative to get started because putting things off slows down progress. Plans, projects, or any to-do list would be doable if compiled all together in a master task list. This will help ensure you have all your plans listed as subjects to be accomplished.
Project Task List
Sample Task List for Project
Project Plan Task List
What Is a Task List Template?
A task list template is a pre-made file and a preset for a document that is designed to list tasks. A specific format for a task list template is not fixed and is only dependent on the various purpose for it. This template could also be available in various file formats, such as a task list template in PDF or a task list template in Word. Either way, a specific template is produced to take note and document tasks that need to be done.
Project task list templates is considered a modified task list template since its these templates are specifically formatted to accommodate list items that are project related.
Sample Task List Templates
Below are a few highlighted sample task list templates that are on this page. There are also suggestions you might find convenient for your next use.
- Start your day right with this Blank Daily Task List Template. You are provided blank spaces for every day of the week and you could be reminded on a daily basis about what you are to accomplish at any given day.
- Let your children use this Children Task List Template to practice their organizing skills. This serves as to do-list templates for them, with the added bonus of having attractive designs that make organizing tasks fun.
Daily Task List
Blank Daily Task List
Task List for Daily Work
Children Task List
Event Task List
Pre-Event Task List
Blank Event Task List
Weekly Task List
Professional Weekly Task List
Task List for Weekly Calendar
Weekly Home Task List
How to Create a Task List
The decision to start creating your own task list is commendable. You have somehow finally decided to pick up the clutter and start getting organized. As an initial starting point, expect that creating a task list will do you a favor once you’re done with the output.
There are things to consider before you work and aim to get productive on your own. Create an efficient task list and follow these steps:
- Daily Routine Evaluation – Start from the simplest means to accumulate tasks which is from a daily basis. As you progress with your everyday routine, you are most likely to encounter activities, responsibilities, and obligations. Evaluating every day in a week is the first step of the routine evaluation and as you move along, you could also proceed with evaluation every week in a month an so on.
- Draft Task List – Drop categories and classifications, just list all the tasks that you have collated from the evaluation previously suggested. The evaluation is essential for you to assess your prospective tasks and this would also help you decide how you organize your task in the next steps.
- Task Category – With all the task information you have on hand, you will have to sort out your tasks accordingly. You could sort tasks according to priority, duration, or in any way you think would help boost your productivity. You could even use weekly to-do list templates if you want to sort out tasks on a weekly basis.
- Final Task List – Your final output will serve as your final task list. Making use of task list templates are advisable for easier means to carry out your organizing intentions. You could check these free list templates and choose templates that are able to categorize your tasks if you want to finalize your task list with templates.
Action Task List
Action Task List Example
Cleaning Task List
Task List for House Cleaning
Standard Task List for Cleaning Services
Employee Task List
Task List for Employee Exit
Importance of Task Lists
You may think securing task lists isn’t really that necessary. Consider any type of list as simple piece of reminder. Whether it’s to ensure you get your work done or at least keep you reminded of obligations you are most likely to forget, task lists play a vital role as responsibilities pile up.
It would then only be appropriate to highlight the importance of task lists through the key point below:
- Improved Memory – By also looking at a task list, it is favorable that you tend to recall everything you’ve listed down. You could be using project list templates for a project you’re working on and you are reminded of how much work you still need to do.
- Consistent Motivation – A task list is a good source of motivation no matter how lengthy and busy it looks. It motivates one to do all that is required to attain certain goals. It could be a motivation for every person listed on varied class list templates to do their responsibilities well.
- Increase Productivity – It is guaranteed by majority of task list users that these pieces of documents increase productivity. Every task is plotted in place and it would no longer add work to even just recalling the tasks that need to be done.
Office Task List
Task List for Front Office
Office Assistant Task List
Business Task List
Task List for Sales Business
Group Task List
Task List for Group Project
Work Group Task List
Do’s and Don’ts When Using a Task List
It is not at all times that task lists are favorable to whoever uses it. It happens that way because individuals do not take an effort to look into how task list should be used. There are always appropriate means of using task lists whether created through a daily task list template or a project task list template.
Here are do’s and don’ts to observe for more efficient usage of task lists:
- Do format your task lists accordingly. Task list format is important even if you use a template or create your own. Make sure the last list serves for the same purpose you have in mind.
- Don’t forget to categorize tasks. Categorizing is organizing. You will do yourself a favor this way.
- Do regular updates. Tick off items from your task list from time to time to avoid confusion.
- Don’t put off task items. Putting off tasks means delaying productivity and adding up items on your task list.
It is important that you know the basics on how to work with your own task lists. Always aim for productivity and self efficiency with performing your daily tasks.