13+ Memo Templates in Google Docs
Let’s say that you are a part of a meeting and that you are required to pay close attention to everything that takes place. This means that you most likely will have to remember everything from what’s being discussed and the names of those who have attended the meeting. You can also check out memo templates.
One of the things that you can make that can help you recap everything that happened is a memo. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a proper memo.
Elements of a Memo
If you are planning on making your own memo for an upcoming meeting, then you must be aware of the important elements first. The reason as to why you need to know them is because they are what will help ensure that the memo is able to serve its purpose: help you or anyone else who reads it to know about the details of an event that took place.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that just about every type of memo is going to need:
1. Title: When it comes to making a memo, one of the more important things that you must not forget is a title. It’s very important that you do not forget to include it as it is what will help you or anyone else who goes through the memo to learn about the intended use of the document. You have to make sure that whatever title you come up with is directly related to the purpose. For example, if you were to make one for a board meeting, then the title should be something like “Board Meeting Memo” or anything else that’s similar.
2. Names: If you’re going to make a memo, then there are bound to be a couple of names that you are going to have to list down. You have to be able to include the first name, last name, and even the middle initials of all the people that you will include in your memo.
3. Date and Time: Those who will be going through the memo will definitely need the date and time in which it was created. The two will point out when exactly when it was made; this information is very important for business-situations such as board meetings or even just regular ones. Do not forget to write the complete date, meaning that you have to include them a month, day, and year. Also, provide the exact hour and minute of the start and finish should you be required to do so.
4. Item Details: If you’re going to provide an informational recap in your memo, then you are going to have to make sure that it has all of the information it needs. Remember that you want it to be able to point out things such as names, date, time, etc. Also, the type of memo will also determine what other information you will need to include so it’s best that you know ahead of time.
13+ Memo Templates in Google Docs
Sample Memo Template
Holiday Memo Template
Meeting Memo Template
Audit Memo Template
Free Meeting Memo Example
Free Sample Internal Memo Template
Free Debit Memo Template
Staff Meeting Memo Template
Business Meeting Memo Template
Free Meeting Memo Template
Board Meeting Memo Template
Sample Meeting Memo Template
Internal Memo Format
Free Internal Memo Template
How to Make a Memo in Google Docs
If you are going to make a memo in Google Docs, then that means that you are going to have to learn the steps that will allow you to do so. You need to know what you should put in the memo so that you will be able to make a proper one when the time comes that you need to. So knowing that, here are the steps that will help you make a memo in Google Docs:
1. Use Your Gmail Account: If you want to make a memo via Google Docs, then that means you are going to need a Google Mail Account. This is something that you can easily acquire as the process is fairly quick and easy. If you already have one, then be sure to do the following:
- Access your Gmail Account.
- Select the “Google Docs” option.
- Choose if you would like to start from a blank document or if you want to make use of a template.
As you can see, much like making a Gmail account, the process is simple and fast. If you like, you can also do this to make other types of documents.
2. Provide the Information the Memo Needs: If you choose not to start with a template, then that just means you are going to provide the information the memo needs. If that is what you are going to do, then be sure that you are able to do the following:
- Take note of everything that is happening: If you want to make sure that the memo has all the information that it needs, then you are going to have to pay special attention to the event that you are participating in. Make sure to get everything from the time, the day, the number of people, who these people are, etc. Do that, and you are guaranteed to have a memo that is able to cover everything.
- Implement the basic elements: The point of learning the basic elements is so that you can implement them into the memo that you are about to create. Make sure that you don’t forget any of them to ensure that you are able to make an effective memo. Also, consider all of the information that you have to put in. For example, you may only be required to write down names and the list of topics that have been discussed. Anything more than that could end up problematic so always listen or understand what it is that you have to include.
Tips for Making a Memo
- Consider the format you make it in: No matter what kind of memo you end up making, it is very important that you consider the font and font size, as well as the how you present the information. You want to make sure that those who read the memo are able to easily understand its contents. If you have no idea as to what kind of format you should go with, then you simply need to take a look at the many different examples of memos that you can find online or on our site and use them as references.
- Proofread and edit: Before you finalize the memo and hand it over to someone who needs it, you need to be able to proofread and edit its contents. The last thing that you want would be grammar or even spelling errors and that can show how incompetent you are. To avoid that, simply do a thorough check to ensure that you don’t miss out on any corrections that you have to make.
Types of Memo
The next thing that you are going to have to learn would be the types of memos that you can create. It’s important to be aware that there are different types of memos that you can make as each of them serves their own purpose. Knowing what they are is something that you will have to do in order for you to come up with one that’s appropriate for the event that you need to recap on. So with that, here are a few examples:
Should you wish to learn about the other types of memos that you can make, or if you want to learn about other types of documents, then you simply need to do a quick search online or go through our site until you are able to find the information that you want.
Can I make it through any other way other than Google Docs?
Yes. You don’t necessarily have to use Google Docs to make one, but it is one of the easier ways of doing so. You can choose to use other programs such as Microsoft Word should you wish to do so. You can even make the document in other types of formats such in Word or PDF.
Is there an easy way to make one?
Yes. All you are going to need is to know what you will use in order to make it, and then download a template of your choice. Make sure that it’s a template specifically for memos. Open the template with the program of your choice and proceed to make whatever changes that you feel are necessary. If you like, you can make use of the templates available in this article.
Making a memo may not be hard, but you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well in order for it to do serve its purpose. So long as you make the most out of the information presented in this article, then you won’t have to worry about the quality of whatever memo you decide to come up with.