Have you ever wondered how people in the armed forces officially communicate with each other? When in the typical workplace the de facto mode of official correspondence is in the form of e-mail and printed forms, in the army they use memorandums (memos). You may also see Memo Template.
If you’re in training or part of the armed forces and need a template to prepare the necessary forms, or if you’re a researcher or someone who’s just curious, these army memorandum templates will show you how it’s really done in the field of operations.
Sample Army Memo Template
You can download a Memorandum Template from this collection for free, but you will have to tailor them to fit your needs, if you need to use them for official purposes. Keep in mind these are samples from actual army memos in use in the past or even today, so take what you need but be careful how you use them.
Army Appointment Memorandum Template
Army Award Memorandum Template
Basic Army Memorandum Template
Army Correspondence Memorandum Template
The Different Kinds of Army Memorandum
The army is all about efficiency and efficacy, which is often why they tend to have their own specialized codes and systems for doing routine things. The army is an organization, and the lubricant for any organizational machinery is smooth communication, achieved by these memos, prepared for specific purposes that warrant a Formal Memorandum. Some examples we’ve found that may be useful to you:
- Army Appointment Memorandum – this is where the administration department of the army is issuing an appointment to investigate some happening within the guard forces.
- Army Award Memorandum – this documents the revisions made to military award criteria; there are very precise and detailed criteria to qualify anyone for the different military awards for various services.
- Blank Army Memorandum – this is actually a kind of form that is tailored to be addressed to specific commandants within a US Army school.
- Basic Army Memorandum – this is a dated memo issued by the department of defense used to inform the recipients within the army administration of the implementation of a system change, which in this case is a consolidation of departments.
- Army Correspondence Memorandum – this is another basic standard communication form where the objective, condition, and references of any piece of substantial correspondence is spelled out upfront. See also the Official Army Memorandum Template.
- Army Memorandum Template for Additional Duties – this is a memorandum for record issued by the state national guard.
- Army Decision Memorandum – this is an administration memo to the undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology, and logistics.
- Army Memorandum Template for Leave – which is the armed forces equivalent of the leave form.
In any of these cases, when a decision or directive blossoms into some new protocol, a Memorandum of understanding is what you will need to have signed between the two or more agreeing parties. This is a nonbinding agreement outlining the terms, rules, and responsibilities between the agreeing parties.
Army Memorandum Template for Additional Duties
Army Decision Memorandum Template
Army Memorandum Template for Leave
Official Army Memorandum Template
How to Use These Templates
These are dated (i.e., old) official army memos offered as samples from departments of different armed forces around the world. How you use them is up to you as you can download any of them for free and use them as templates to base your own official Decision Memo, for example.
For other kinds of official document templates to use in the workplace, feel free to search Template.net’s Business archives.