A development plan consists of the strategies that an entity, usually a business, will execute to assure the smooth flow of its operations. Development plans are created to properly plan the activities that will be done in a specific period of time and how these activities can affect the development that a business or any organization aspire to have in a specific duration. A comprehensive and realistic development plan allows businesses to be sustainable not only in its program execution but also in its overall market standing in the industry where it belongs. you may also see Plan Templates.
To create a well-curated Development Plan, the document should be a mixture of research results, written plan statements, the variables involved in the plan creation, and the graphs and other accompanying maps that can show the expected development tracking should the development plan be effective. Aside from the usage of development plans in business and other corporate processes, a Personal Development Plan can also be used by an individual who wants to achieve improvements in his or her private or professional life.
Executive Development Plan
Professional Development Plan
Career Development Plan
Performance Development Plan Template in Word
Editable Employee Development Plan Template
Simple Business Development Plan Template
Career Development Plan Template
Business Development Plans
Real Estate Business Development Plan
30-60-90 Day Business Development Plan
Business Analyst Development Plan
Career Development Plan
Personal Career Development Plan
Individual Career Development Plan
Employee Career Development Plan
Employee Professional Development Plan Templates
Employee Professional Development Plan
Employee Personal Development Plan
Employee Performance Development Plan
Business Development Plans
A Business Development Plan is used by businesses and other corporate bodies for the following reasons:
- It allows them to assess the effectiveness of the previous development plan which can lead to the creation of an improved document that can translate to better business operations.
- Business development plans can provide a step by step process that the business can look at to make sure that they are aware of the improvements of the business and how these improvements can affect the branding, quality expectations, and overall nature of the business processes that are being done in a daily basis.
- Business development plans helps businesses to create programs that can provide benefits and advantages to all the stakeholders of the business. It creates sustainability and credibility which are very much needed by companies in industries where competition is truly tough.
Guidelines in Creating a Business Development Plan
If you want to create a business development plan, here are a few things that you may consider in writing the content of the specified document:
- Assure that you are aware of the work environment where specific processes are being executed. This will allow you to assure that the business development plan is applicable to be applied in various areas of the business operations.
- Define the relationship of the business with its stakeholders. This involves the company’s clients; the employees of the business; the management of the company; and the clients and/or customers of the business, suppliers, and other people who are involved may it be in the daily or special processes of the business.
- Identify the target market of the business and the possible or prospective markets that the business can penetrate. A development plan will be effective and efficient if it will be created based on the previous response of the clients of the company as they are the people who practice their purchasing power and abilities that are usually the main resource of the business’s revenue.
- Know the expectations of the stakeholders of the business. Assess where the business is currently in right now and identify the possible growth areas that can be worked on for development to occur.
- Assure that you will create a baseline which will be the business’s guide in following the development processes that should be implemented in a specific operational year.
Areas of Development
A business development plan can be used to improved the following areas of the business:
- The processes of the business production and operations
- The procedures of the finance and accounting department
- The quality of the products and / or services being offered by the business
- The development of the business’ presence in social media and other online and electronic platforms and mediums
- The strategies of the business in terms of addressing environmental issues and responsibilities
- The transactions of the company regarding export, advertising, promotion and marketing
- The supply chain of the business
- The activities and programs created by the Human Resource department
- The training strategies for the professional development of the employees in various departments and divisions of the business
- The business mentoring services acquired by the company’s management
Other than our samples of development plan templates, we also have downloadable samples of Personal Sales Plan Templates which you may browse through for additional references.
Individual Development Plans
Individual Professional Development Plan
Individual Development Plan Example
Individual Personal Development Plan
Management Development Plans
Project Management Development Plan
Performance Management Development Plan
Trainee Management Development Plan
Personal Development Plans
Personal Leadership Development Plan
Personal Development Plan in PDF
Professional Development Plans
Teacher Professional Development Plan
Professional Development Action Plan Example
Nursing Professional Development Plan
Career Development Plan
A basic career development plan should have the following details:
- The name of the employee to whom the career development plan is for
- The work classification of the employee
- The job position of the employee
- The department where the employee is assigned to work
- Other basic information of the employee needed for the transaction
- The short-term career goals of the employee
- The long-term career goals of the employee
- The training that are needed to be done to achieve the career development that the employee wants to have
- The guidelines where the career development will be based
- The people who are tasked to oversee the development and improvements of the employee in terms of doing his or her work functions and responsibilities
Suggestions in Creating a Career Development Plan
If you will create a career development plan, may it be for yourself or for an employee of a company, here are a few suggestions that you may follow:
- Identify the goals that the individual would like to have.
- Assess the interests and skills of the person to whom the career development plan is for.
- Create a list of the strengths and weaknesses of the individual in the workplace.
- Specify the criteria where the development of the employee will be based.
- Prepare materials and other activities that will be helpful in the development being aspired.
- Be specific with the growth that the individual wants to have in terms of his or her career.
- Make sure that the development that the employee wants to have is measurable and achievable.
- For the career development plan to be effective, it should be relevant to the work processes being done in the corporate environment where the employee currently belongs.
- Set a time frame or the duration of time where improvements must be seen.
Other than our downloadable samples of various kinds of development plans, you may also want to view and download our samples of Leadership Development Plan Templates.
Performance Development Plans
Performance Review Development Plan
Performance Appraisal Development Plan
School Development Plans
School Professional Development Plan
School Infrastructure Development Plan
School Library Development Plan
Staff Development Plans
Nursing Staff Development Plan
Medical Staff Development Plan
Staff Professional Development Plan
Software Development Plans
Software Development Project Plan
Software Development Plan Example
Software Development Business Plan
Management Development Plans
Though there are various kinds of management development plans, all of them focus on the following items:
- The processes that are needed to be done to assure that the management development will occur
- The deliverable that are expected to be seen in a specified period of time
- The outputs of the projects and activities being done to achieve the development of the management and other entities involved in its processes
- The procedures that are needed to be followed within the bounds of the management development plan
- The conduct, behavior, and ethics that the people involved in the creation and implementation of the management development plan need to have.
- The skills, expertise and other competencies that are needed to be improved to assure that specific management job functions will be properly executed.
Why Are Development Plans Needed?
No matter what kind of development plan is created, its usage is essential for the following reasons:
- Industries are becoming more competitive nowadays. May it be in specific job applications or the competition among businesses, there are a lot of improvements that are needed to be done to assure that an entity is still an effective part of the entire operations. You need to create a development plan to make sure that you are aware of the things that are happening in the corporate field where you currently belong. It allows you to see threats before they even give an impact to your performance.
- Development plans allow people to aspire for more. It helps entities to not become stagnant which make them work harder to achieve a specific goal which is where developments and improvements occur.
- A development plan serves as an outline or a guide of the things that are needed to be done to create a more systematized work process while assuring that the needs and expectations of the stakeholders involved in various professional processes are given and met.
Aside from the development plans that have been discussed in this post, we can also give you samples and templates of Behavior Support Plans and Software Development Plan for additional references regarding other kinds of plan creation that you may need in the future.