Strategic plan templates serve as guides in creating a document that contains all the organizational activities that are needed to be implemented by a business or any operational entities in a given period of time. Strategic plans are used by the management of an establishment to assure that they will set all the priorities that should be considered and implemented in a particular operational year.
Sample Strategic Plan Template
Printable Strategic Plan Example
Blank Strategic Plan
This post can provide you with different samples and templates of strategy plans which you may use in listing down your resources, processes of operations, and the strategies that you will incorporate in using and/or executing these items for the benefit of the company where you are currently working. Other than our samples of free strategic plan templates, you may also want to view our downloadable samples of Development Plans and Real Estate Sales Plan Templates.
Strategic Plan Outline
Sample Strategic Plan Template
HR Strategic Plan Template
Three-Year Strategic Plans
Three-Year HR Strategic Plan
Three-Year Business Strategic Plan
Three-Year Strategic Internal Audit Plan
IT Strategic Plan
IT Strategic Business Plan
IT Strategic Communications Plan Template
IT Strategic Plan Outline
Personal Strategic Plans
Personal 5 Year Strategic Plan
Personal Strategic Life Plan
Personal Strategic Action Plan
Strategic Sales Plans
90 Day Strategic Sales Plan
Strategic Territory Sales Plan
Strategic Sales Action Plan
Strategic Marketing Plans
Strategic Marketing Plan Outline
Strategic Marketing Plan PPT
5-Year Strategic Marketing Plan
Why Use a Strategic Plan?
Companies and business establishments use strategic plans for the following reasons:
- Strategic plans allow entities to set their priorities. Strategic planning is done to assure that the company is guided by the items and activities that they need to execute and that the implementation of these programs are done at the right time. Since the management has already identified the strategies that they will implement, it will be easier for the entire to business to follow a guide that may help them to get the output that they would like to have. you may also see Simple Strategic Business Plan Template.
- Strategic plans helps the company to have focus in terms of its workforce. It is essential for the work force of the business to properly function especially at times when their competencies and professional qualifications are needed for specific business processes. A strategic plan helps the business to properly place people in tasks where they are good at which in turn allows the company to have quality results.
- Strategic plans allow the proper assessment of the business’s resources. If you will have a strategic plan, one of the requirements that you need to fulfill is to assure that the strategies that you would like to implement are related to the resources that the company have. This way, the strategic plan can be realistically executed and all the expectations regarding the plan’s achievements can already be visualized. you may also see Strategic Sales Plan Template.
- Strategic plans help businesses to strengthen their operations. Since strategic plans create a step by step process of activity implementation, the entire operations of a company will be more organized. A smooth flow of business operations allows the business to give focus on other weak areas that they may improve and other developments that the entire company may undergo.
- Strategic plans encourage synergy among a business’s departments. Strategic plans assures that all the company departments and divisions are working to achieve a goal that will benefit the entire business. Creating a strategic plan should not only generalize the entire business operations. It should provide details on the tasks that will be given in different departments. More so, it should also explain how the professional functions of the employees of the business can help the entire operations of the company. you may also see Strategic Marketing Plan Template.
- Strategic plans help in targeting a specific outcome or result. Plans are made for specific reasons. In achieving a specific goal, a business or a company should always prepare strategies that will help them get what they want. A well-curated and comprehensive strategic plan will help the business in a lot of ways especially in terms of the proper execution of programs and events that will help in the growth of the company.
- Strategic plans help in adjusting the business processes followed by a company. Since strategic plans are only used in a specified time duration, the results of these plans may be recorded accordingly. Hence, improvements may be done depending on the outcome that the company has experienced by using a specific strategic plan. you may also see Strategic Action Plan Templates.
Aside from our various samples and templates of strategic plans which you may download from this post, our samples of Planning Agendas and Marketing Plan Templates are also available for download in the links provided.
Strategic Business Plans
Strategic Account Business Plan
Strategic Business Development Plan
Strategic Business Plan Outline
Strategic Account Plans
Strategic Account Management Plan
Strategic Sales Account Plan
Strategic Account Development Plan
Strategic Action Plans
Strategic Marketing Action Plan
Strategic National Action Plan
Strategic Management Action Plan
Strategic Action Plan Format
Strategic Plan Outlines
Church Strategic Plan Outline
Corporate Strategic Plan Outline
HR Strategic Plan Outline
Strategic Diversity Plan Outline
Strategic Communication Plans
Strategic Marketing Communications Plan
Strategic Communications Action Plan
Strategic Corporate Communications Plan
Strategic Plans Used in Business Processes
Strategic plans, as said, are usually used by business who would like to have a document that can organize the business planning decisions that they will use in various operational processes. A strategic plan used in business planning should have the following details:
- A brief information about the products and/or services of the business where specific items in the strategic plan will be implemented
- The history of the business and how strategic plans can affect the entirety of the business processes.
- The marketing plan where the strategies listed for execution will be used. This includes the following items:
- The needs and wants of the customer of the business
- The benefits that people may get once the strategies of the business are already implemented
- The effect of the strategic plans to the product of the company
- The suppliers of the items that are included in the strategic plan
Kinds of Strategic Plans
Specific samples of strategic plan templates are as follows:
- A three year strategic plan is used by a company who would like to use the strategies that they have curated in a long period of time. This kind of strategic plans usually are based on in-depth researches and studies which can be proved by how effective they can be in terms of achieving the output needed by the business. This kind of strategic plan may be used by a specific department of the company or it may also be applied in the entire business processes of an entity. you may also see 3 Year Strategic Plan Template.
- Information technology strategic plans are used by technological companies to assure that they can support the needs of the business and they can compete with other players in the industry where they currently belong. An information technology strategic plan can be any of the following:
- IT strategic business plan
- IT strategic communications plan
- A strategic plan may also be used by an individual for personal purposes. A personal strategic plan may contain any of the following items:
- The personal religious plan of a person
- The personal strategies that an individual may apply in the work environment to achieve professional growth
- The strategic plan that an individual will apply in his or her life on a daily basis for a number of years specified in the planning document that her or she has created
If you want to know more information about other kinds of planning documents aside from those that you may already download from this post, you may browse through our downloadable samples of Basic Care Plan and Team Action Plan templates for additional references which also include guides on how you can create the specific documents present in the discussion.
Strategic Life Plans
Spiritual Strategic Life Plan
Strategic Life Plan in PDF
One-Page Strategic Plans
One-Page Strategic Business Plan
One-Page Strategic Marketing Plan
One-Page Strategic Account Plan
Non Profit Strategic Plan
Non Profit 5 Year Strategic Plan
Non Profit Strategic Communications Plan
Non Profit Social Media Strategic Plan
HR Strategic Plans
HR Department Strategic Plan
5 Year HR Strategic Plan
HR Strategic Action Plan
HR Strategic Business Plan
Guidelines in Creating and Executing a Strategic Plan
If you would like to create a comprehensive strategic plan template, here are the steps that you may follow:
- Analyze and assess the current situation of the business where the strategic plan will be used. Assure that you are aware of the following items:
- The strategic plans that has been used by the business which did not work
- The successful strategic plans of the business during the past operational year
- The reasons either for the success or failure of specific strategic plans
- The internal factors that affect the creation and implementation of strategic plans
- The external factors and environments that should be considered in strategic planning
- Once these items has already been realized and put into formal writing, you may now start to formulate the strategies that you will incorporate in the plans that you have for the business. You need to assure that there is the presence of accurate researches and that the strategic plans that you will create are backed up by the results of the past strategic plans used by the business in the entire duration of its operations.
- Look and research for trends in the strategies that are used by your competitors. This will help your business to easily assess which of the applied strategic plans works especially with regards to your market and the new market that you would like to penetrate.
- Test and execute the strategies that you have created. You may start with a small scale of application so you can identify whether you can use your strategic plans in the entire business operations or not. It is very essential for you to not be biased in terms of recording the results of strategic plans so that its effectiveness and efficiency will not be controlled depending on the output that you would like to get.
- Evaluate the entirety of the strategic plan that you have created. This will help you to know whether the strategic plans that you have created are fit to be used for a longer period of time or it is only appropriate to be applied for special events, specific instances, and particular business operations.
For more planning templates used in various business processes and corporate industries, you may download our Monthly Sales Plan Templates and Hotel Sales Plan Samples in the respective links provided. More so, you may also want to browse through our Child Care Plan Samples and Templates for an additional reference regarding a different kind of a planning document.