If you are interested in opening your own car repair shop, now is a great time because the market for mechanics is currently experiencing significant profit gains. Most drivers now have cars that are at least 10 years old, which means that the need for an auto mechanic is growing for more consumers. Starting your own car services or repair shop can give you control over your own hours, but it doesn’t come without the challenges of competition and the demand to raise the bar when it comes to promoting your services.
In the age of the internet and the social media, it’s easy to fall prey in building and maintaining an online presence fast, and that’s okay. However, you can’t ignore traditional marketing tools such as flyers in “getting the word out” because when used and designed effectively, you’d be surprised how they produce better, faster results for a car service business especially if you include these elements below:
1. Headline: Any flyer template design that aims to get quick, positive response from the target audience should have a snappy headline. It could be your company’s mission statement, a claim regarding the type of services your auto shop provides or your latest promotion.
2. Theme: Your flyer, just like any marketing material you intend to print en masse, needs a point of focus or something which would immediately draw the audience in, albeit the center or theme of your design. For a car service, it would obviously be the highlight of your services, the latest promotion, the newest models you’re selling if it also a dealership, or maintenance. Whatever it is, your flyer design needs to reflect the theme you’re going for.
3. Images and Type: Every driver need to have their car checked for maintenance and repair regularly or get it remodeled when it has seen better days on the road. A photo of one of what goes on in your place of business or a list designed in legible and great typography of services taking up the space of the flyer is a pretty easy choice but car owners are often blue and white collar job workers who are always in a hurry and would therefore prefer to read the details immediately, so there should be a good balance between your type and images used.
4. General Information: A flyer may, to some extent, have the same content or information as your regular brochure, maybe even the same text elements, but a flyer works more like a poster and is usually handed out, plastered across walls or distributed to people both directly and through the mail. It can come in any size, although you might go with the standard print size to save money. The front should have the most important details regarding your car service, with the graphics and type making up the design and you can left the back page blank or use it for relevant information such as a map to where your business is located.
When it comes to putting the word out regarding what yous ell, be it products, services or both, a flyer is a great chance for you to market your brand. Car services are pretty common and to make sure that your flyer get noticed, follow these steps below to also draw customers through a winning flyer design:
Simplify: If you end up creating a flyer with too much text cramped in that limited space, no one’s going to notice it or pay attention to it for even a fraction of a minute. They will only see that it looks like something straight out of an abstract painting that doesn’t involve them in any way. Your goal is to break down all necessary details into easily understandable chunks.
Be practical: Before conceptualizing the design for your car service flyer, consider some practical points. This may be far from the creative work that actually comes with promotional flyer design and is a tad boring but it’s an important step because it will determine how prepared you are financially in printing your design for mass distribution. Printing flyers are an easier and more economical form of advertisement but it does come with costs too. Think about whether you have the budget for mass printing ready and the time to do it. Be careful with sizes and type of paper you use because that’s going to determine a large part of the printing costs too.
Find images: Those who are new at design for printing promotional materials get easily intimidated wit the idea of adding photos for better flyer quality. Some would think using your own images is a horrifying thought but can’t think of any other options. Fortunately, the internet is full of free resources for professionally-taken images or stock photos you can use to edit and manipulate for your design.
Create your car service campaign: You have completed a mock-up of your design and are now ready to print it, but hold your horses. You also need to think about the most important part of the print marketing process which is distributing the flyers to your audience. It won’t be an issue if you have a an event prepared related to your services, but if you want to develop a wider and stronger customer base, you need to reach a wider audience and think of those who’s gonna want to see your flyer.
If you own a car service business or an auto shop for repairs and detailing, you can market it well by designing a flyer that wins a great audience. You may find these two tips to be helpful in your car service flyer design:
Give offers: Promotions and offers such as discounts, exclusive memberships, gift coupons for special merchandise are powerful marketing tools. People often go to a store, buy your car, or ask to do business with you, because they believe they are getting something in return or that they’re getting a better deal than usual. Detailing and repaint jobs for the price of one service is just one example. You can be more creative in offering something special to entice more customers.
Think about who you are: You want the customer to feel that you know what you are talking about. Don’t ask too many questions about what the customer requires. As the person offering the service, you should already know and be convinced of what they want as a client. If you ask too many questions it will become clear to the customer that you are out of touch.
1. Advertisement Flyers: This type of service flyers tend to focus on the information or details of the service rather than the visuals since they’re usually intended for promoting discounts, programs and promos running on a very limited period.
2. Photo-centric Flyers: Small and startup businesses who wants to build a great customer base in the community should be able to put this flyer to good use since it gives the designer a chance to experiment and combine colors with striking graphics too. You may want to start off with a bright color scheme and add in photos of your men in action in the garage or simply photos of the cars you rent out to clients if you’re focused on a renting service.
Flyers come in these standard sizes:
Half Sheet – 5.5 x 8.5″
Standard – 8.5 x 11″
Large – 11 x 17″
When you look at other promotional options, designing and printing flyers may not even make it to the top 5 or 10 on the list as social media and the internet in general takes up most of our daily activities. However, compared to other marketing strategies, it remains an enduring marketing tool that produces tangible results without you having to break the bank since mass printing cost doesn’t demand too much from your pocket.
Show and also tell, but remember to let your design do the talking. Don’t try to state the obvious and focus on refining your message instead.
Even small and startup businesses wouldn’t really run out of ways to promote and build their brand. Advertising through flyers may be old school to some, but with the right design and the intention to deliver what you promise to future customers, you’ll be in business, car service or any other business venture you decide to embark on, for the long haul.