A graduation invitation is a letter asking the recipient to attend a graduation. It is often written in either formal or informal third-person language and sent right away or depending on the sender’s preference. This type of invitation allows people to witness a memorable and great experience of the ones who will be graduating. More than anything else, graduation invitations are usually given to close relatives. You may also see invitation samples.
If you are making an invitation of this kind and you can’t seem to make it perfectly and you are having a hard time choosing for the right theme and design, then worry no more—we have beautiful invitation designs that are perfect for the event. Graduation Party Invitation samples are here for you to download. See them below.
Graduation Invitation Template
Graduation Party Invitation Template
College Graduation Invitation Template
Black and White Graduation Party Invitation Template
Free Simple Graduation Invitation Template
Free Graduation Invitation
College Graduation Invitation Template
Graduation Celebration Invitation
High School Graduation Invitation Template
Free Graduation Invitation Template
Free Graduation Announcement Invitation
Graduation Party Invitation
Graduation Party Invitation Template
Graduation Beach Party Invitation
Graduation Brunch Party Invitation
Graduation BBQ Invitation
Graduation BBQ Menu Invitation
Outdoor Graduation BBQ Invitation
Graduation Themed BBQ Invitation
Graduation Invitation Card
Graduation Thank You Invitation Card
Graduation Business Invitation Card
Funny Graduation Invitation Card
Graduation Day Invitation
Modern Graduation Day Invitation
Graduation Rehearsal Day Invitation
Graduation Day Photo Invitation
Rustic Graduation Invitation
Rustic Graduation Announcement Invitation
Rustic Graduation Typography Invitation
Rustic Country Graduation Invitation
Since we are talking about Graduation Invitations, let’s delve on this closing of a new chapter and why it is an important mark of huge success of every student’s life. There are numerous types of graduations—elementary graduation, high school graduation, college graduation, and so on.
Graduation—or also called commencement, convocation, or invocation—is the obtaining of a diploma or academic degree in which students become graduates. Before the graduation, candidates are referred to as graduands, and the date of graduation is often called graduation day. At the college and university levels, the faculty will usually wear academic dresses at the formal ceremonies, as will the administrator and degree candidates.
Graduation at the college and university level happens when the supervising officer deliberates degrees upon candidates, either individually or all at once, even if graduates physically receive their diploma later at a smaller college or departmental ceremony. After degree completion, graduates can be referred to by their graduating year.
It was in the 12th century that graduation ceremonies for students date from the first universities in Europe. At that time, Latin was the language of scholarship. A universitas was a guild of masters (MAs) with a licence to teach. Degree and graduate come from gradus, meaning “step.”
The first step was admission to a bachelor’s degree. The second step was the master’s step, giving the graduate admission to the universitas and license to teach. The typical dress for graduation are gowns and hoods or hats adapted from the daily dress of university staff in the Middle Ages, which was in turn based on the attire worn by medieval clergy.
Where Did Graduation Caps and Gowns Come From?
In the 12th century, wearing of academic robes is a tradition, it was around the time when the first universities were being founded in Europe. During this time, most scholars were also clerics or aspiring clerics, and excess in clothing was not supported. As such, in the beginning it is thought that there was little difference between what the academics were wearing and the laymen, excepting that the academics and clergy tended to wear very plainly colored apparel.
Eventually, the apparel was simply basic. When the universities were originally formed, they had no official buildings of their own to hold lectures in, so classes were typically gathered in nearby churches. Their simple robes and outer covering served the purpose of keeping them warm in the airy medieval church buildings, and the hoods kept the weather off when they moved out of doors.
Importance of Graduation
Some people might ask, Are graduations really important?
A graduation is necessary because it is a rite of passage to so many people. A graduation is not just the end battle; it is a new start—the start of a new chapter in a person’s life whether it be another school year or the entry into finding and landing a job. Graduations help people reminisce the things achieved in the past, as well as helping people to look forward to the future.
Football Ticket Graduation Invitation
Baseball Ticket Graduation Invitation
Concert Ticket Graduation Invitation
Vintage Graduation Invitation
Vintage Graduation Open House Invitation
Unique Vintage Graduation Invitation
Vintage Lace Graduation Invitation
College Graduation Invitation
College Graduation Invitation Wording
College Sports Graduation Invitation
College Graduation Invitation
Graduation Ceremony Invitation
Graduation Blessing Ceremony Invitation
Graduation Commencement Ceremony Invitation
Graduation Diploma Ceremony Invitation
How to Make a Graduation Invitation
Perhaps you already know beforehand about graduations, but now, you have a concrete basis why graduation ceremonies are important. Of course, when there is a ceremony like this, College Graduation Invitation or any graduation invitations are often expected. So preparing invitation cards are part of your priority list. Below we offer some easy-to-follow steps if you’re thinking of DIYing your invitation cards:
- Choose the right color combination. The colors you choose for your invitations are often determined by the occasion itself. Let us say, a graduation party invitation may be done in the honoree’s favorite colors or be related to the theme of the event.
- Choose on your text. You need to include basic information on your invitations so that everyone arrives at the right time, on the right day, and at the right place. Be sure you’ve confirmed all your arrangements regarding time, date, and place before you sit down to make your invitations.
- Use die-cuts. Select a piece of paper in one of your school’s colors. Cut it in half. Look at your local art-and-crafts supply store for die-cuts. Choose one that is your school’s other color and something relevant like your school mascot or the school’s letters.
- Choose the right size. The two biggest considerations when it comes to size are finding envelopes and postage costs. Make a visit to a stationery or art supply store near you to look at options and contact or visit the website of the delivery service in your area. A4 style are the most common styles of envelopes.
- Print out your invitation text. To end up with the correct size insert, it makes sense to first print out the text for your invitation. Once you see how much length and width you need for a text box, you can work back from there to arrive at the finished sizes of your backing paper(s).
- Add fancy ornaments. Once all your layers are glued in place and completely dry, you can add some decorative elements if you’d like. Yet, if you think an additional decorations may complete the invitation, go ahead and add one in place.
Apart from making graduation invitations, if you are asked to deliver a graduation speech and you can’t seem to figure out how to and where to begin. We offer some easy and simple steps in the next section that will surely help you.
So You’re Writing a Graduation Speech . . .
- Talk about what your experience in school has meant to you. You’ve been in school for quite a while now. Ask yourself, What has this experience taught me about life, about being a good example towards costudents, and about growing up along the way?
- Start to create a perfect theme. You want your graduation speech to have a theme. Your theme can be very specific or very broad, but you want a theme in order to put everything in place. Without a theme, it can seem like you’re just remembering about your time, and there’s no lesson or moral of your speech.
- Think about the how you construct your speech. The structure is where you place each part in the speech so that what you’re saying makes sense.
- Begin with a catchy introduction. It can be an interesting quote, fact, story, or even a good joke about your school or class. Whatever it is, it needs to get the attention of your audience. This means it needs to be relevant and catchy.
- Start off strong. And make the middle of your speech interesting and remember to tie it in with your theme. Put your best idea in right in the beginning to hook people in.
- Use your conclusion to draw a lesson. Take your theme and ask the question, So what? What can we learn from the theme? This will be your lesson.
So whenever you are asked or you are planning to make a graduation speech or any form speech, these steps can actually help. These are not limited to graduations alone. Just incorporate them and omit others that you think are not necessary.
Creating invitations with a template format will help you a lot. Talking about convenience and efficiency, check out these Formal Graduation Invitation templates and our Graduation Photo Invitation samples that could also be downloaded on our page.
High School Formal Graduation Invitation
Formal Graduation Lunch Invitation
DIY Formal Graduation Invitation
Graduation Hat Invitation
Graduation Black Hat Invitation
Graduation Hat Shaped Invitation
Kindergarten Graduation Invitation
Kindergarten Homeschool Graduation Invitation
Kindergarten Graduation Awards Invitation
Kindergarten Class Graduation Invitation
Graduation Cookout Invitation
Graduation Party Cookout Invitation
Chalkboard Graduation Cookout Invitation
Graduation Event Invitation
Graduation Banquet Event Invitation
Summer Graduation Event Invitation
Graduation Event Planning Invitation
Apart from a graduation invitation, there are other types of invitation that are common all throughout. We’ve listed a couple for you below.
For Business Events
The business invitation letter is used to invite clients to a business-related event. It can be a super sale on the business’s services or products, an open house for a new office or store, or any other event that involves the business.
An interoffice business invitation letter is used to invite employees to a business-oriented happening such as the annual office party or a corporate management seminar. This type of invitation letters follows similar format as other business letters, with a formal salutation, the body of the letter, and a formal closing.
Nowadays, we send almost everything digitally. The same can be said for invitations. Digital invitations save resources such as paper and stamps and is a fast way to get a message across. These are generally helpful if you are planning last-minute events and you do not have time to mail the invitations or send them personally.
They are usually enough for small, private affairs where the guest list is under fifty. The best examples of this type include birthday celebrations, private receptions, and small dinner parties. This type of invitation takes extra time and commitment, so they are not best suited for larger parties. Write invitations on pretty pieces of stationery or plain white paper. Select a passage from a famous author or make up your own slogan to add as an introduction into the invite.
Some celebrations require formal invitations, and a wedding is one of those times. Wedding invitations can be purchased in an array of colors, styles, and options. They vary in cost from the simple one to the outrageous depending on your choice of paper and design. Wedding invitations are sent through the mail, but they can be hand delivered. They include information on where and when the wedding and the reception will be held and include a note to RSVP.
You will probably want to send out a party invitation if you are celebrating a birthday, graduation, or promotion. Party invitations can be expressed in many forms, and they can be sentimental and formal or humorous and cynical. Party invitations can also be handmade.
Do not forget to include when and where the location of the party is and provide contact details so your guests can RSVP. If you are planning your party well in advance, you may want to mail out your invitations; but if the party is just around the corner, consider hand delivering the party invitations.
Other types of invitation letters include those that invite someone to do something such as a guest speaker at a meeting or engagement or accept employment or another type of offer.
These invitations are not possible if there is no planning made. Apart from the steps on how to make an invitation, there are people who choose to make them in a much easier yet spontaneous way. Templates are the best way to make invitations, and they do not consume much of your time with minimal effort.
We offer numerous downloadable templates for a graduation invitations. Some of them are even DIY invitations for a more personalized look. Others contain unique and catchy designs that you surely love. Graduation Party Invitation samples are perfect for your after-graduation party.
We also have a Graduation Beach Party Invitation if you choose to hold your graduation party on the beach. Graduation BBQ Invitations are also available if you’re planning a Sunday lunch barbecue on your backyard.
Whatever design that you want, we have it all for you. All of these invitation samples are available to download with just a click of a button. Not just that, all of these come in modifiable formats, which means you can edit them as much as you want. You can change the font style, add more details, or change the design. You can do what you want. All of these can be printed easily. So if you want to make your graduation extra special, download these templates now.