The appeal of raffle tickets lies in the possibility of winning a prize that a person could not and would not otherwise possess in normal circumstances. Take a look at lottery raffle draws and the inordinate amounts of money that people spend on a ticket and the slightest statistical probability of winning. But in a smaller scale, raffle tickets may also be used to promote a business, service, product, or event.
This is done by getting your business name up and center as the raffle draw’s sponsor or promoter on the ticket design itself. In this article, we share tips and all the necessary steps to have the best raffle ticket design that matches your business’ or organization’s marketing goals. Also included below are examples of printable raffle ticket templates that anyone can download and customize.
Elements of a Good Raffle Ticket
Setting up raffle draws and using raffle tickets can be a good way to help increase brand recall and increase business sales. But in order to maximize this type of marketing strategy, business owners and marketers also have to create a compelling raffle ticket design.
To help guide you in that process, we have enumerated the top characteristics that should be found in a raffle ticket design for it to be appealing to your consumers.
- Clear and Easy Terms and Conditions: Most often, the main goal for having a raffle draw is to promote a business while giving customers an incentive to purchase a service or product. And for customers to be thoroughly enticed and eager to join a raffle draw, they need to understand the mechanics of the said raffle. This can be achieved by writing clear and easy-to-accomplish terms and conditions of the raffle or contest.
- Striking Ticket Design Theme: Another important element that should be present in any kind of raffle ticket is a good ticket design theme. This can mean selecting a unifying color scheme, a set of formal font styles, or a certain ticket layout.
- Compelling Ad Copy: The way you phrase your words and instructions in your sample raffle ticket is another characteristic that will affect the possibility of a customer to join a raffle draw or contest. To create a good raffle ticket, marketers should pay attention to how they write their ad copy. Use actionable and inspiring words or phrases that will spur a customer into action.
- Relevant Images or Illustrations: The use of pictures and illustrations can help create a visual story or set of instructions that may convince customers to purchase goods or services and then join a raffle draw. Make sure that your own raffle ticket design includes this important element for it to be as effective.
- Tearable Stub Portion: Most raffle tickets will have a blank stub portion that customers need to fill out before they can join a raffle promotion. To make your customer’s life easier and to ensure that more people join the raffle, a good raffle ticket design should already include a tearable ticket stub portion.
- Serial Numbers or Other Security Features: To lend credibility to your raffle event, your raffle tickets should include the same ticket sequence or serial numbers on both the main ticket and the stub portions.
16+ Raffle Ticket Templates
As promised, embedded in the next section of this article are ten fully customizable raffle ticket templates. These printable templates are available in various file formats so you can choose according to your preferred graphic design editing tool.
Raffle Ticket Template
Simple Raffle Ticket Template
Raffle Movie Ticket
Barbeque Raffle Ticket Template
Soccer Raffle Ticket Template
Vintage Raffle Ticket Template
Baseball Raffle Ticket Template
BBQ Raffle Ticket Template
Free Blank Raffle Ticket
Christmas Raffle Promo Ticket Example
Free Diapers Raffle Ticket Template
Free Holiday Raffle Ticket Design
Photography Raffle Ticket Template
Sample School Raffle Ticket Template
Sports Raffle Ticket Design
Sample Raffle Ticket Template
Steps to Create a Good Raffle Ticket
Designing a raffle ticket is relatively easy. We have listed down all the necessary steps below to help guide you in crafting the best raffle ticket that you need.
1. Gather all relevant information that you want to include in the raffle ticket.
The first step in designing a raffle ticket is to gather all the pieces of information that you need to have in your raffle ticket. You may list them down on paper or type and save them in one file on your computer.
2. Choose a theme or motif.
Next, you need to choose a theme or motif for your raffle draw or contest. It is best to choose a ticket design theme that will match the kind of business you are running a raffle contest for. For example, you may select a festive ticket theme if you want to have a raffle draw for the upcoming holiday season.
3. Choose a ticket layout.
Next, choose a layout or an arrangement of all the design elements that will be used in your raffle ticket. Decide on this beforehand so that you will not have much difficulty later on.
4. Choose an editing software tool.
Designing a raffle ticket is now commonly done using graphic design software tools. This way you can create a ticket template digitally first.
5. Compile all design elements into a blank template. Alternatively, you may choose a pre-made raffle ticket template.
Once you have done all the preliminary steps, it is time to combine them all into a blank design template. Or, if you have chosen to use a pre-made raffle ticket template, you can now begin customizing the template according to your preferences. You may incorporate small things into the template like adding a business label design.
6. Review the raffle ticket template design before printing it out.
Once that is done, review the entire template. Check for spelling errors, grammar issues, image sizes, etc. You may also have another person review the ticket template.
7. Save the final ticket template and print it out.
Make all the necessary changes to the raffle ticket. Save a copy of the template. And then, you are now ready to take the raffle ticket template to the print shop and have it printed. You may also print out the template at home if you prefer.
8. Begin implementing the terms and conditions for the use of these raffle tickets and start distributing them.
Now that you have the completed raffle tickets on hand, you can begin informing your employees about the raffle draw and contest. Reinforce this marketing strategy by using other print or social media marketing strategies to help spread the word about the raffle draw.
Types of Raffle Tickets
There are four types of raffle tickets. They vary depending on their size and the specific kind of raffle draws they are used in.
- Raffle Roll Tickets – These raffle tickets are similar to traditional movie tickets as they are printed in rolls of paper. They will also have a small perforated portion that ticket buyers get to keep.
- Large Full-Color Raffle Tickets – These are the standard raffle tickets that will typically measure 2.75 inches by 5.75 inches with a 1.5 inches stub.
- Chinese Raffle Tickets – A Chinese raffle is a combination of a silent auction and a raffle draw. Ticket buyers get to place bids on certain prizes and they will have a chance to win that prize if they placed one stub of their raffle ticket on it. This kind of raffle ticket is typically used for fundraising events and school events. They typically measure 3.6 inches by 8.5 inches.
- Standard Raffle Tickets – These kinds of raffle tickets are used for various events. They will typically follow the 2 inches by 5.25 inches size. Most of the raffle ticket templates included in this article are available in this ticket size.
Raffle Ticket Sizes
The standard size for any raffle ticket is 2 inches by 5.25 inches. While for those who want their raffle tickets to include a stub portion, they may follow bigger dimensions measuring 1.97 inches by 5.63 inches.
Just like other kinds of design projects, raffle ticket sizes may also be customized depending on a business owner’s preference.
Raffle Ticket FAQs
What is a raffle ticket template?
A raffle ticket template sample is a professionally made digital file that contains a pre-built raffle ticket design. It includes all the graphic design and text elements needed to create a raffle ticket. As the end-user of these printable templates, you only have to make minor edits to personalize it and the template will be ready to print.
What is a raffle ticket format?
There is no standard raffle ticket format. However, the most important pieces of information that a raffle ticket should include are the raffle draw terms and conditions, the stub portion where the customer fills out his/her personal information, the name of the raffle draw, the draw date, and the prizes for winning the raffle draw.
How to print raffle tickets?
Raffle tickets are best printed on pre-cut cardstock or paper. This may be done through a printing service. Or, you may have to cut out the raffle tickets after printing them on your own.
What are the laws governing raffle ticket use?
Legitimate raffle draws should follow local or state rules and regulations regarding this kind of marketing strategy. Some businesses may have to obtain a permit before they can set up a raffle draw or contest.
What tools are used to create raffle tickets?
Knowledge of different graphic design software programs like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is essential if you want to create amazing raffle ticket designs. Tools like Microsoft Word and Publisher may also be used if you are looking to create minimalist ticket designs for simpler local fundraising events.
Template.net is home to hundreds of printable graphic design and business templates. If you need to complete a task faster and more easily, trust that any of the free printable templates in Template.net will give you the positive results you need.