- Open your browser and access Google Docs. Click Template gallery and scroll down to the list of templates. Tap Recipe and rename the default title into “Cookbook.” Edit the content and add the data until you finish your own personal cookbook.
With so many exciting dishes worth making, it gets harder to memorize a wide range of food recipes and cooking steps. Thankfully, you won’t have to fret about forgetting how to make certain meals when you have a recipe card or cookbook brochure. And if you want to save lots of recipes, did you know that you can compile them all in your Google Drive? More so, Google Docs has a digital cookbook template to list all your recipes. So hold on to your cooking equipment and relax as we guide you on how to make a cookbook using Google Docs.
How to Create a Cookbook in Google Docs Using a Template
Besides common word processors like Microsoft Word, Google actually promises a lot of tools as well from Google Sheets and Google Slides. But in this section, we will focus on Google Docs since it lets you design your own cookbook with a recipe template. And you can manage it in a cinch with the following steps:
1. Open your browser and log on to Google Docs, or to be more specific, https://docs.google.com. Just remember that you cannot access it without your own Google account yet so be sure to sign up first.
2. Once you have logged in, head to the top right section and click Template gallery. That automatically lets you choose a bunch of templates that Google has to offer. You can even transform any template into a recipe card template, tri-fold brochure template, recipe pamphlet, or any related cookbook template.
3. As you are directed to the general template gallery, scroll down the scroll bar on the right side until you can find the recipe template. And right below the personal templates, click Recipe. The recipe template now becomes your official worksheet or document to craft a cookbook.
4. Now that you can work on the recipe template, start by renaming the title of the document first. So from the top left side, you need to change the title into a more specific one. To do that, simply highlight the default title which is “Recipe” and change it into “Cookbook.”
5. Next, start changing the default image and texts in the template. One exciting thing about making cookbooks is you can customize them according to your creativity, convenience, or personal preference. So be sure to name your first recipe until you can insert the list of ingredients and the cooking steps arranged in chronological order. Simply click parts you want to edit and you can start typing texts.
Note: Make sure you have enough data for reference on what to insert into your recipe cookbook. That way, typing the ingredients, steps, and other details will get easier rather than writing them from scratch. The best approach is to have a separate document as a recipe organizer specifically for the recipes. That way, you only copy and paste the details into your cookbook or template.
6. To get rid of the default image, simply click the default image and right-click after. Then, tap Delete. And you can upload your own food photography or any image you found online as a reference on what the food is supposed to look like for your recipe.
7. After you are through adding content and editing the format of your recipe, insert more recipes too. A cookbook contains a collection of recipes anyway, so having one recipe means you are still far from over. And don’t forget to organize all your files, which would vary on your preference. Others compile them in one folder while each document is named according to their specific recipe name.
8. Once you are done making all the recipes, your cookbook or recipe binder is ready to be shared and printed. And you won’t even have to worry about saving your document from time to time because Google Docs has an auto-save feature. Thus, you just made a virtual cookbook with Google Docs. It’s cooking time!
Note: Do you want more premade cookbook templates rather than Google Docs’ default template? Simply go to Template.net and check out printable and editable cookbook templates in Google Docs. Download now!