For some, writing an agenda minutes can be time consuming. However, well-written agenda minutes can help streamline the documentation and record-keeping procedures of an organization or company.
Generally, agenda minutes capture the salient discussion points, comments, suggestions, interpolations, and agreements that transpired in a particular meeting, conference, or forum. Furthermore, agenda templates provides mechanisms and formatting suggestions which enable organizations and companies to save time and resources. Furthermore, the efficacy of an event or meeting truly depends on how the proceedings were documented. As much as possible, give much attention to your meeting agenda templates.
Meeting Agenda Minutes Template
Sample Agenda & Minutes Template
Inclusions of an Agenda Minutes
Agenda minutes is a document that documents the dynamics of a meeting specifically the salient activities and exchanges that took place. Minutes templates comprehensively showcase how general and specific meetings and conferences are documented including the its salient features. As for agenda minutes templates in Excel, you may refer to the following:
- Attendees or participants – The name of the attendees, participants, and guests must be documented especially in board meetings that require a certain number of attendees to reach a quorum.
- Purpose and objectives of the meeting – These would refer to the overall purpose and thrust of the meeting. The items in the agenda itself can serve as the objectives.
- Accomplishments – The documentation must provide the achievements of the meeting. Moreover, if there were persons who made speeches or lectures, you can also record the highlights of their discussions.
- Decisions made during the meeting – This is a critical aspect in every agenda meeting minutes templates. The recorded agreements will serve as evidence and proof of the existence of the agreement and if voting was conducted, then the required number of votes was sufficed.
- Call to action – These may refer to responsibilities that were assigned to different members of the committee. Aside from this, the interpolations and questions must also be documented.
Project Management Agenda Minutes in DOC
General Staff Meeting Minutes
Sample Board Meeting Minutes
Sample Meeting Notice, Agenda, and Minutes
Sample Format of Meeting Minutes
How to Write a Comprehensive Agenda Minutes
According to studies, undocumented meetings are considered to be useless and a waste of resources on the part of the organizing committee. Also, poorly-written meeting minutes are considered as one of the reasons for the failure of a certain program or action plan agreed upon by a committee or organization. In line with this, meeting minute templates contribute a lot to the success of a meeting or conference. Below are some tips that you may refer to:
- Come up with a concise and clear meeting agenda. There can be no documentation if there was no clear setting of agenda. Agenda templates showcase writing strategies pertaining to the key features of an agenda and how important it is for organization to promptly send the meeting agenda to the members or participants of a meeting beforehand.
- Make use of high quality meeting minutes samples and templates – Rather than starting from scratch, templates can help you build and structure your agenda minutes conveniently and efficiently. You can have more time planning for other matters that concern the meeting.
- Be consistent – Apply consistent and professional formatting in your agenda minutes. Ensure that the document is free from grammar errors. The statements must be clear and verified.