A business quotation is used by businesses to list down the specifications of their offered products and / or services. More than that, a Quotation Format also includes the prices per piece of the items for sale, the quantity needed by a prospective buyer, and the total amount of the transaction.
The use of a quotation is mainly focused on providing the initial items that are needed to be known and reviewed by a potential client before the formal implementation of the transaction. We have collected different kinds of business quotation templates and samples so you can have references in creating the business quotation appropriate for your business operations.
Export Business Quotation
Free Business Quotation
5 Ways to Write a Good Business Quotation
Quotations can be tricky, especially when you have zero experience writing them. Though this is a complex document to draft, this is still essential in a business’s daily operations. We have listed here five guidelines on how you can write an effective business quotation:
- It is highly suggested for you to use any of our Quotation Templates to assure the organization of the items that you will put in your business quotation format.
- Make sure that all the prices that you will put in the quotation are accurate and updated. More so, properly add the prices of all the items expected to be purchased by your customer.
- Assure that the items and computations present in the business quotation can be easily understood by your clients.
- Be aware of the validity of the business quotation as it will enable you to change prices and other deals and discounts that are present in the initial business quotation should it expire.
- Do not forget to always ask for the signature of your client. If possible, always print or send two copies of business quotations so you can have your own references.
Other than our samples of business quotation templates, you may also want to browse through and download our samples of Price Quotations in the specified link for additional references.
Business Quotation Example
Basic Business Quotation Content and Format
As a document that serves as the initial list of the items that a client would like to purchase or acquire from a business, the content of a Quotation Template should always be accurate. Some of the important items that should always be present in a business quotation are as follows:
- The letterhead of the business which should have the basic and contact information of the business
- The date that the quotation was made
- The name of the client
- The details of the quotation which includes the specific requests of the client. This part of the quotation should have:
- The items to be bought
- The prices of the individual items
- The quantity of the items needed by the client
- The entire price of the transaction
- The date of the validity expiration of the quotation
If you want to have more samples of quotation templates, just browse through Template.net’s business archives.