When your working in a job that involves measuring body parts, such as in fashion, you would need to make use of a tool to help you do your job well. The purpose of this tool is to guide you in knowing what body parts need to be measured as well as the correct way of taking the measurement.
722+ FREE CHART Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
But there are also measurement charts used to measure the amount of liquids or fine solids, and even to provide an abstract measurement like computer or networking data. Check out the samples we have below for more information about measurement charts.
Body Measurement Chart Template
Measurement Process Flow Chart
Example of Body Measurement
What Is a Measurement Chart?
A measurement chart is a chart used by clothiers to write down measurements of body parts needed for specific parts of the garment. It usually contains steps on which parts of the body should be measured, and the correct way to take the measurement to get accurate results. The most common parts of the body to be measured include but are not limited to the following:
- Head Circumference (for hats or other head accessories) – Measured at the brow area and around the fullest part of the occipital area of the head.
- Neck Area (for shirt collars)
- Chest Circumference – Measured at the fullest part of the chest (at the nipple area) and around the back where the shoulder blades are located.
- Waistline – Measured at the narrowest area of the waist.
- Hip Circumference – Measured at the fullest area of the hips.
- Arm Length – Measured from the shoulder area down to the wrist.
- Leg Length – Measured from the hip/waist area (depending on the preference) down to the ankles.
- Foot Length (for shoes, slippers, or sandals)
For Graph-style Chart Templates that are fully editable, you may want to check out our collection of Editable Graph Chart Templates.
Basic Data Measurement
Making and Using a Measurement Chart in Word Format
- On the topmost area of the chart, write the title or the purpose of the measurement chart (e.g. Costume Measurement Chart, School Uniform Measurement Chart).
- Write a short description on the purpose of the measurement chart.
- Write your full name to indicate that you are the person responsible in taking the measurements.
- Write the full name and the contact details of the person being measured.
- Make a table to write down the body parts to be measured and a corresponding space where you can write the actual measurement taken.
- You may also include instructions on how to correctly take the measurements. You may write these instructions right beside the table for easy reference.
- Make sure all measurements are completely taken before you can start making the clothing.
- You may also provide spaces to write down additional notes if there are special instructions on how to make the clothing.
If you couldn’t find what you needed on this page, then you might want to check out other types of chart templates. Take a look at our collection of Comparison Chart Templates, you might be able to find the templates that you need on that page.