People will always have limitations. When it comes to remembering things, our brains can only take so much before it tends to forget some information. When managing multiple tasks at a given time, relying on our own memory is never a good option. And that’s when checklists come into play.
Checklists are tools prepared beforehand that lists down the things that need to be done to prevent us from forgetting what to do. In a way, checklists can also be considered as a reminder since it reminds us on what to do and what still needs to be done. On our website, we have a lot of checklist templates for you to use.
Audit Checklist Template in Excel
Project Checklist Template in Excel
Maintenance Checklist Template in Excel
Inspection Checklist Template in Excel
Checklists can really help in organizing tasks. It helps to make sure that every step counts.
What are the importance of using checklists?
- Certain tasks may be more important than other and may need immediate action. And with checklists, we can prioritize the tasks that need to be done.
- With effective checklists, we can be more productive because we are already aware on what to do next as well as the number of pending tasks (forgetting what to do next is a waste of time).
- We are more motivated when we have a clear picture on the things that we need to do.
- Aside from being a reminding on the tasks that we need to do in the future, we are also reminded on the tasks that we have already accomplished.
- When delegating tasks, a checklist will help guide the other person on the things that you want them to do.
There are many ways to make a checklist. You may do it the old-fashioned way and use pen and paper, or you may make one on the computer.
To make your own checklist on Excel, you may follow these steps:
- Make the Developer tab visible. Click File then select Options. Go to Excel Options, select Customize Ribbon, and check the box beside Developer.
- Indicate a title for the checklist (e.g., To-do).
- Under the Developer tab, click Insert and then select Check Box (Form Control).
- Beside the inserted check box, specify the task to be done. (You may also write this on a separate cell.)
- Do steps 2 and 3 to the succeeding cells in the column.
But why make one from scratch when you can make use of templates that are already semi finished and all that’s needed are some final touches?
Event Checklist Template in Excel
Project Management Checklist Template in Excel
Office Move Checklist Template in Excel
We have a large collection of checklists on our website, but for this page alone, all these checklists are in Microsoft Excel (Xls and Xlsx) formats. With Excel, the checklists are fully editable and gives you more room to make all necessary changes. These templates can be accessed and downloaded easily for free.
So now, with all these templates provided to you free of charge, there’s no excuse for not being able to use a checklist on occasions when you need to accomplish a lot of tasks. What are you waiting for? Download a copy of the template now, make the necessary changes, and print it on paper so you can make use of it right away.
You may also check out Task Checklist for more templates. But if you weren’t able to find what you were looking for on this page, feel free to check out the other links found on the bottom of this page.