Every day, more and more people purchase vehicles to make the daily processes of their lives easier. It may be for the purpose of a faster travel time during vacations, being able to enjoy the comforts of their own vehicle as they go to work, or giving their family privacy when traveling together.
No matter what purpose it is that you have a vehicle at most, you must be able to know that road safety is not only based on external factors but also on the main vehicle you are using as well. Before you purchase a vehicle or before you use what you already have, You need to have a set of guidelines which may be put in a checklist so that you are sure that all things that are needed to be checked has already been inspected. You may take a look at our Checklist Template and use it as a sample when you create yours.
Vehicle Maintenance Checklist Template in Excel
Vehicle Inspection Checklist Template in Google Docs
Truck Inspection Checklist Template
Car Maintenance Checklist Word Template
Weekly Vehicle Inspection Checklist Template
Daily Vehicle Checklist Template
Company Vehicle Inspection Checklist Template
Vehicle Induction Checklist Template
Vehicle Safety Checklist Template
A simple vehicle checklist includes the following items to be inspected:
- Battery level and operation
- The windshield wipers of the car
- The starter and ignition
- All the air conditioning and cooling units to assure that it will keep you cool and relaxed as you travel
- The amount of fuel left
- The suspension system
- Turn signals
- The mirrors especially the side mirrors that you use to view certain parts of the road
- The items and tools that you need should you have car problems along the road
- The car’s emergency break
- The tires
- The steering wheel and the alignment of its cables
- The engine of the car and its general operations
- Level of engine oil
All that is written in the checklist must be considered as it will help you to know the things that you need to be aware of. Checking your car also means that all of the items are in good condition. No matter if you will use your car or not on a specific time period, you need to know all that is happening on its parts so that you will be sure that it will function properly when needed.
We have samples of a Blank Checklist and a Daily Checklist to help you create your own vehicle checklist in the future. Both of these templates are downloadable and printable.
Vehicle Cleaning Checklist Template
Vehicle Service Checklist Template
Fleet Vehicle Checklist Template
Here are a few reasons why a vehicle checklist is important:
- Checking your vehicle assures you that it is safe to use. Safety and security of all the car’s passengers and its driver should always be a top priority
- You will be able to know the parts of the car that should be up for maintenance. There are certain parts of the car that should already be cleaned as it does not help the vehicle function at its best. You may take a look at our Maintenance Checklist as it will help you to know what should be written on this specific kind of checklist
- Some parts of the vehicle should also be changed in due time. Having a vehicle checklist will make you know the items that you already need to remove and replace with a new one. This will help the vehicle to maintain its efficiency.
It may not be done daily, but be sure to check your cars regularly.