Counseling is an integral part of training in the armed forces. It is part of the leader-training process, and any rising officer is required to undergo developmental counseling. In other cases, sessions for specific-situation counseling are held to help an officer of whatever rank in various scenarios. There are integration counseling sessions for new recruits, as well as counseling for situations of adverse separation, crisis counseling, and other general counseling aimed to help the officer in his or her overall performance. A specialized army memo is used to record the details of the session.
Here are some free army counseling forms that will show you the various details that go into developmental counseling in the army. You can download any of them for free.
Army Initial Counseling Form
Army Developmental Counseling Form
Army Officer Counseling Form
The Different Kinds of Counseling in the Army
At all times, the army of any nation is required to be in top shape and be ready to perform to their highest at any given moment, sometimes under adverse circumstances. This is a very trying field in all aspects for the people who make up the armed forces. This is why counseling is a requirement in the army, occurring regularly.
Counseling considers the officer as a whole being and seeks to guide in various areas, such as the soldier’s growth, career development, and personal crises. It is also used to correct behavior and enhance potential.
Army counseling comes in three broad categories:
- Performance counseling
- Event-specific counseling
- Professional growth counselling
Performance counseling is a necessary part of the developmental training of any officer, starting from the time of recruitment. These counseling sessions are held periodically, with the frequency depending on the need.
- See Army Initial Counseling Form for an example of a counseling form for new recruits, documenting administrative data and background information of the new soldier.
Event-specific or event-oriented counseling seeks to help guide a soldier through a crisis, or through any other specific occurrence in their lives.
- See Army Monthly Counseling Form for the army memorandum that aims to record the financial counseling statement of a veteran officer.
Professional growth counseling seeks to identify the soldier’s potential and help them develop in that direction, equipping them with the internal tools they need to handle the new stresses and pressures that come with any advance in their ranks.
- See Army Performance Counseling Form for the different categories of leadership competencies this counseling seeks to address.
Army Monthly Counseling Form
Army Civilian Counseling Form
Blank Army Counseling Form
Army Performance Counseling Form
New Army Counseling Form
Army Quarterly Counseling Form
Related Army Templates
If you found these free documents interesting or useful, don’t forget to check out our other lists of free army-related templates:
- 10+ Free Sample Army Memo Template – for more examples on military correspondence.
- 8+ Free Military Resume – to put your best marching foot forward.
- 10+ Best Military Website Templates & Themes – because “functional” doesn’t mean “badly designed.”
- 21+ Army Logos – for all sorts of themed graphic projects.
- 7+ Military Time Conversion Chart – to help civilians train themselves to tell the time as quickly and efficiently as the army.