An invoice is a tool used by sellers to provide information about a sale or purchase transaction. Invoices help buyers to know the amount that they are going to pay and the items that they have acquired in exchange of the monetary value that they will give to a business. There is a wide range of invoice samples from a writer invoice up to a commercial invoice examples.
106+ FREE INVOICE Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
If you are having a hard time making an invoice template, or if you just want a guide on how you can develop the format of your business’ invoice, you can use the downloadable invoice templates in Word within this post as your references.
Basic Invoice Template
Invoice Example Template
Invoice Format Template
Basic Invoice Template
Hostel Invoice Template
Royal Resort Invoice Template
Event Planner Invoice Template
Ice Cream Invoice Template
Commercial Invoice Template
Hotel Invoice Template
Medical Invoice Template
How to Write a Free Simple Basic Invoice Template
Here are the steps on how you can write a free simple basic invoice template:
- Identify the size of the invoice that you want to use.
- You may use blank invoice templates for inspiration.
- Know the business or operations where the invoice will be used. As an example, an hourly invoice template will only be effective if used for particular processes within an hour’s duration.
- In the header of the invoice, place the basic information and contact details of the business.
- Specify the name and basic details of the client.
- Provide the subject of the invoice.
- Identify the items, quantity, prices, and other information necessary.
- Provide a space for the signature of the person who made the invoice.
How Do We Create a Custom Invoice
If you want to create a custom invoice, the steps below are suitable for the processes that you will undergo in making the specified document.
- Refer to printable invoice templates that you may use when making your own invoice. Having this done will allow you to select the kind of invoice that you want to use.
- Make sure that you are well aware of the features of the software that you will use when doing a custom invoice. You can use an Excel invoice template if you want a more technically created invoice guided by pre-determined grids.
- Once you have already selected the template and software to use, tweak the items that you would like to have your own version of. Make sure that the things that you will change are aligned with the nature of the business where you will use the invoice.
- Polish the format and content of the invoice based on your likeness.
Proforma Invoice Template
Retail Invoice Template
Retail Rate Invoice
Service Invoice Template
Sales Invoice Template
Sales Unit price
Top 15 Tips for Professional Invoice Templates
The top fifteen tips that you may follow when creating professional invoice templates are listed below.
- Use invoice templates in PDF if you would like to create an invoice template that you will also use for business presentation purposes.
- Make sure to provide accurate information about the transaction, especially the price of the items involved in a particular transaction.
- Provide rules with regards to incentives for early payments and charges for late ones.
- Have a format that is both effective and understandable.
- Base the design of the invoice on the offerings of the business.
- Ensure that your invoice has payment reminders clearly stated. You can send this information a few days after the invoice has been sent or a few days before the payment deadline.
- If possible, provide a short statement of the terms and conditions on the usage of the invoice.
- Be particular with how the information is organized so as to give your clients an easier time in reading the contents.
- Know the kind of invoice that you are currently working on. May it be estimate invoice templates or tax invoice templates, you need to properly curate the content of the document for proper data presentation.
- Always be accurate in listing the basic information of the client.
- Make sure to clarify the payment terms and methods.
- The prices that you will place in the invoice should be based on your updated pricing list.
- Make the font size of the total amount bigger than the other items present in the tool for focus.
- Always send your invoices as soon as possible for clarifications and validity.
- Always be flexible about your payment methods so your invoice can have a wider scope of beneficial usage.
Tax Invoice Template
Blank Invoice Template
Billing Invoice Template
Basic Invoice Template
What Are the Steps in Writing a Catering Invoice Template?
Aside for corporate processes, there are sample invoice templates that can be used in the food industry. If you want to write a catering invoice template, refer to these steps:
- Place the information of the catering business on the topmost part of the invoice.
- Make sure to specify the important dates in the document:
- The date that the invoice has been made
- The date that the catering service is needed
- The date that the payment should already be given
- Specify the basic information of the client.
- The body of the invoice should contain the following:
- The food items that the client will acquire
- The price of the food items
- The quantity of the food orders per item
- Incorporate the elements of a service invoice template by providing other details like more services that the client may acquire aside from the minimum transaction on the bottom part of the catering invoice.
How to Write a Professional Invoice Template
A professional invoice template can be written by following these items:
- It is recommended to create an invoice based on readily made free invoice templates.
- You can use a general invoice template or you may also create your own format based on the needs of the business.
- Complete all the details that you need to present to the clients.
- Review the entire document for misunderstandings and errors to not occur.
- Make sure to maintain professionalism on the entirety of the content layout.
Simple Invoice Template
Free Invoice Template
Freelance Invoice Template
Guidelines: 8 Tips to Use Invoice Template Customization To Your Advantage
May it be a medical invoice template, an education invoice template or any kinds of invoice it is that you will create; it is very important for you to customize the specified tools as it represents your business within a single document. Here are eight tips on how you can use invoice template customization to your advantage:
- Refer to templates but do not copy everything within the document.
- You can use different software that can add more features to the invoice template that you will use.
- Use a different shade of white as the medium where you will print your invoice. You can also use other shades of colors if you want to.
- Always maintain the readability of the information that you will put in the invoice.
- Be specific with the combination of items that you will place in the invoice to achieve the fullest visual impact of the document.
- Provide the accurate details of the business so your invoice template can be easily associated with your company.
- Make sure to review other kinds of invoices so you can have an idea on how your invoice customization can help your own invoice stand out.
- Be familiar with the branding of the business so you can incorporate it in the invoice template that you will customize.
These tips, can assure that the invoice that you will come up with is unique and truly yours.