There are many small things and items that are needed to be done in different processes that may hinder an executive employee to do more important works. This is the main reason why secretaries are hired by companies so that they can provide their professional administrative services to the people who need it especially those who are in the top management.
There are variations in terms of the job functions that are given to secretaries and it all depends on the field or industry where they work at. Other than our downloadable job description for a secretarial post, we can also provide you with a Job Description Template which may be used in different professional works and job positions.
Legal Secretary Job Description
Executive Secretary Job Description
Medical Secretary Job Description
Company Secretary Job Description
School Secretary Job Description
An executive secretary serves as the right hand of a company executive. He or she is required to do the following functions:
- Prepare the schedule of the company executive and make sure that he or she is reminded about all the commitments that he or she needs to attend to for a specific time of the day
- Provide administrative support to the executive which includes receiving memorandums, filing different documents, and maintaining the confidentiality of the items that he or she is working at
- Assist the executive with regards to travel needs like hotel bookings, assurance of transportation, and other things that are needed whenever meetings outside the office will be required
- Interact with customers and other external contacts of the company especially if the person of concern is the company executive to whom the executive secretary is working for
Other than our secretary job description, you may want to learn more about the Secretary Job Description. Also, we can provide you with a Paralegal Job Description Template, which you may use for the specific purpose that it may serve.
Office Secretary Job Description
Administrative Secretary Job Description
Accounting Secretary Job Description
Board Secretary Job Description
Business Secretary Job Description
Other Kinds of Secretarial Jobs
Aside from being an executive secretary, here are a few more samples of secretarial jobs:
- Business secretaries are mainly responsible in assuring that all documents needed for the processes of specific businesses are properly compiled and that references for business transactions are available whenever needed.
- Board secretaries are the employees that are responsible in helping the Chairman of the Board in assuring that the board complies with the laws and regulations of the incorporation.
- Accounting secretaries are the secretaries that are expected to analyze all the financial information that are needed in the preparation of financial statements of a company or organization.
- Medical secretaries assist the medical team in assuring that all the needs for patient appointments and other concerns are adhered and that patients will be greeted and welcomed in the medical facility.
There are truly many fields of work that need the professional help of secretaries. Aside from the job description of secretaries depending on the nature of the business processes of their company, you may also be interested to know more about the work expectations for an office assistant. We have a downloadable Office Assistant Job Description that can help you with regard to this matter.