Medications help an individual recover and ultimately make them feel better, from whatever illness they were dealing and battling with. However, drinking medicines have a set of instructions provided by the doctor. Like how you would follow your to-do list template, you need to adhere to the instructions religiously.
Aside from the prescription from the doctor, you should also make a medication list. This list would contain all the medicines you’d need to intake, as well as the time to take them and the frequency. Think of it as a task management list, which will help you stay on schedule.
55+ List Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Publisher | Apple Numbers - START DOWNLOADING
Pregnancy Medication List
Medication List for Patient
Blank Medication List
Free Preventive Medication
How to Create a Medication List Template for Excel
A medication list helps you to remember all of the medicines you should be taking. But to make one, you need to make a list template in PDF first.
From to-do lists templates to shot list templates, the best software to use to create one is Excel. Here’s how you make a medication list using the computer program:
- Start up Excel on your computer.
- Click on the Create New File button.
- Organize the cells and columns.
- Type the name of medicines in the boxes.
- Include when to take them and the frequency.
- When done, click Save.
Why Use a Medication List
There are a bunch of reasons as to why you should use a medication list. Keeping one may seem irrelevant since you already have a prescription, but there are times when the prescription list is just not enough.
Here are a couple of reasons you should keep one:
- A medication list template in Word will keep things organized.
- It will help you determine the next steps that you should take, similar to how an action list template guides you.
- The medicine list also lets you give vital information to your doctor, or a pharmacist, about your medicines.
Medication List Card
Medication Deferral List
Guidelines for Creating a Medication List
You should be very careful when making a medication list. You wouldn’t want to mistakenly write down a different memory and take it. The incorrect medicine could cause some allergic reactions or complications that would end up worsening your situation, instead of alleviating it. You should also make a price list template so you could keep track of the medicine’s amount.
Your medication list must be clear with its instructions and it should have the correct details. Even a perfectly made medication list template in Excel wouldn’t be able to help if it’s riddled with mistakes.
Don’t worry, there are specific guidelines that you can follow to make sure you’ll be making a medication list properly:
- List down the potential allergic reactions you may have with the medicine.
- Include the drinks, other medications, and food that you should avoid while on medication.
- Include the storage requirements, if there are any.
- Include how and when the medicine should be taken.
- Include the refill dates for your medicines, if they have one.
Things like the dosage, the medicine’s name, and the frequency, are also some of the things you’d need to keep in mind for your list.