A nonprofit meeting is done to assure that the governance and management of the operations of a particular organization are properly executed. It is very important to have a meeting minutes in all the meeting transactions of a nonprofit organization as it will allow them to know the items that they still need to do and the milestones that they have already achieved.
We can provide you with nonprofit meeting minutes templates should you be tasked to take the meeting minutes for the particular gathering. Aside from that, we also have other Meeting Minutes Template samples which you may use as references in creating the meeting minutes to be used for different corporate meeting reporting.
Minutes for a Formal Meeting Template in iPages
Get it Now
Template for Board Meeting Minutes
Get it Now
Nonprofit Board Meeting Minutes Template
Nonprofit Organization Meeting Minutes Template
Non-Profit Annual Meeting Minutes Template
The Basic Structure of Nonprofit Meeting Minutes
A nonprofit organization uses this structure in creating their meeting minutes:
- The call to order of the people who are expected to attend the meeting
- The approval of all the items that have been discussed during the previous meeting which are all reported at a specific meeting minutes for the particular date
- The report of the lead who is tasked to preside in the meeting
- Other reports of committees regarding their conditions and activities that are needed to be known by all the meeting attendees
- The items that have been talked about during the executive session
- The time that the meeting has been adjourned due to the absence of any other transactions needed to be discussed
Inclusions of a Nonprofit Meeting Minutes
A regular non profit meeting minutes used to record all the items being discussed by the members of an organization during a specific meeting includes the following information:
- The type of meeting that has transpired which may actually be a regular gathering of the organizational committee or it can also be a specific special meeting to discuss issues and items that are needed to be resolved
- The date and time that the meeting occurred
- The location where the meeting was held
- The name of the attendees and their basic professional information or their position in the organization
- The person who is tasked to lead the meeting and its initiatives
- The person who wrote the minutes of the meeting
Other than our non profit meeting minutes, you may also download our Project Meeting Minutes Template samples and Board Meeting Minute templates.
Free Nonprofit Meeting Minutes Template
Nonprofit Board of Directors Meeting Minutes Template
Guidelines in Creating a Meeting Minutes for a Nonprofit Organization
- Assure that you have listed all the issues that were discussed including the people who were tasked to represent a committee.
- Take note of all the materials that has been provided and distributed and assure that you have a copy of each attached to the meeting minutes for proof and other reference issues.
- Be aware of the information that you are writing and assure that they are all accurate.
- Create a list of all the major points that has been discussed and the information why they should be given priority.
- Make sure that the final decision and resolution of the majority of the organization regarding issues about different processes and procedures.
- Identify all the topics that have been given solutions and those that are needed to be worked on especially in the following days after the meeting.
- Provide the information on whether an executive session or a private talk between the organization’s officials has been held.
Aside from our non profit meeting minutes, you may also be interested to browse through our downloadable School Meeting Minutes Template samples.