In every business transaction, especially when there is money involved, it is always required that one party, usually the one receiving the payment, should issue a Business Receipt to the payer. It is issued for the purpose of acknowledging that the former was able to receive payment, and for the latter’s proof of making an official transaction.
The usual information in a receipt is the name of the person or organization who made the payment, followed by the amount of payment made during the transaction and the purpose behind it. And on the bottom-most part will be the name and signature of the person issuing the receipt samples.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Cash Receipt Template
Cash Payment Receipt
Formal Petty Cash
Cash Donation Receipt
What Are the Key Elements in a Cash Receipt?
- Seller’s information. On the top-most area of the receipt should be the name of the organization, their address, phone number, and email address. This area can either be handwritten or can also be pre-printed.
- Buyer’s information. This can either be the first and last name of the person giving the payment, or it can also be the name of the company or organization.
- Transaction date. The date that the business transaction has been made.
- Details of the business. A short description behind the transaction, which involves the products sold or the services rendered.
- Amount involved. The amount of money involved in the transaction/the amount received by the issuer. This could either be written as a total amount alone, or can also be a break down according to denomination, taxes, deductions, etc.
- Mode of payment. Is the payment done via cash, credit card, debit card, or a check?
- Issuer’s signature. Before the issuer will give the receipt to the buyer, they must place their signature to formalize the business transaction.
To find out what the different formats are for receipts, type in Receipt Formats on the search tool.
5 Steps to Writing a Cash Receipt
- Write your business name, address, contact details, and the date of issuing on the upper-hand portion of the receipt.
- Write the name of the person or organization making the payment.
- Describe the product or service that you are providing.
- Indicate the original price of the product and specify for any price cuts, taxes, or additional costs like shipping fees, and the actual amount to be paid.
- Sign the receipt.
More Official Receipts are available on our website for more templates to choose from.
8 Best Tips for Writing a Cash Receipt
- Buy yourself some carbon paper to be able to make a duplicate copy of the receipt more conveniently without having to write down the information twice every time.
- Have a rubber stamp made containing the name of your business or organization.
- Always use dark-inked pen when writing down the details on the receipt.
- Always write the date first to keep track on when you issued that particular receipt.
- When writing the amount of payment, it is strongly advised that you write the amount in words first before writing it in number form.
- Make sure to complete all the information needed on the receipt before issuing it to the buyer.
- Check if the information on the duplicate copy are clear and legible.
- Don’t forget to place your signature on the bottom part of the receipt.
For even more receipt templates, search for Printable Receipt Templates using the search tool, or you can go ahead and check out this collection of Donation Receipts.