When we think of applying for our first job or a new company, we commonly bring resumes with us. Sometimes we even bring portfolios if needed. Either applying for a job position in the medical industry or the food and beverage industry, employers will always search for a resume.
Here, we share some information about education resumes and where they are commonly used for. We also share some tips on how to write this type of resume and post sources to where you can find job positions in the educational field. You can also check out our website if you want more sources to create basic fresher resume templates.
Education Teacher Resume in PDF
Elementary Education Teacher Resume
Education School Teacher Resume
Education Teacher Resume Sample
Education Teacher Resume Cover Letter
Elementary Education Resume in PDF
Elementary Education Resume Cover Letter
Elementary Physical Education Resume
Elementary School Education Resume
High School Education Resume in PDF
High School Education Resume Cover Letter
High School Teacher Resume
High School Graduate Education Resume
Where to Use Education Resumes
Resumes are commonly used when you apply for companies. Employers commonly ask you to bring a copy of your resume for them to screen initially to see if you are fit for the specific job position. In this article, which are education resume templates, employers will commonly focus more on your work experience in the educational industry or teaching field.
Employers will have different standards in looking for applicants depending on the job position they are looking for. Some will require you to have a doctorate if you want to be in a management-level position. Other employers will require you to have a master’s degree to teach certain subjects.
What Should a Resume Contain
Regardless of what position you will be applying for, resumes will contain most likely the same information for employers to look at. Some information you must include in your resume are the following:
- Personal information – You will have to place information about yourself in your resume like your contact details, health problems (if you have any), and your personal information. This is to help give employers an idea of your physical attributes and personal information about yourself when they screen your resume.
- Work experience – This is one of the most important basis for submitting a resume. You will have to place in your work experience starting with the most recent one, down to your first job and internship if you have any. You will have to place details on what you did in your previous company and why you left.
- Interests – This is not really important, but this helps employers give you an idea of your extracurricular activities and know you more as a person outside of work. Interests commonly contain hobbies and things you do outside of work.
- References – This is also important for employers as this serves as their source for your proof that what you’ve written in your resume is true. This is also their source to do background checks to see if you were really employed with your previous companies.
- Skills – You will also have to place your skills, both technical and nontechnical. This will serve as a basis for employers to see how skilled you are to handle technical issues or how creative you can be when needed. Communication skills and technical skills related to using computers can also be a big advantage.
- Portfolios – You can add portfolios in your resume if you are aiming to apply for a creative position, like a designing or artistic job position. Portfolios commonly contain artwork like graphics, paintings, and photographs. They can also contain blogs and written articles.
Now we know what a resume contains, you can also check our website for some fresher doctor resumes if you want to venture into higher job positions with a doctorate. Besides from templates we provide here, you can also take a look at our website for some more teaching fresher resumes, if you plan to start teaching and need tips to create a specific resume.
Sample Education Resume in PDF
Sample Professional Education Resume
Sample High School Education Resume
Higher Education Resume in PDF
Higher Education Administration Resume
Higher Education Executive Resume
Making a Resume
There are different methods on making your own resume, like the fonts you use, the margins you need to have equal space, and spacing as well. Making a resume is not that hard and will most likely take you fifteen to thirty minutes at most, depending on your work experience and the details you want to give.
You wouldn’t want to give too much personal information as this is considered a professional information about yourself. Below are some tips on how to create your own resume for it to be presentable and neat:
- Font – You will have to start by picking the font that you will be using and font size to fit all the information you need. You wouldn’t want to create large-sized fonts mixed together with small ones. The standard font size is usually between 10 to 12 pt, and the kind of font to use should be Times New Roman, Helvetica, and Arial, which are commonly used fonts in making resumes.
- Margin – Margins should be kept at 1/2 to 1 inch on all sides. This will be useful if your employer plans to print out your resume. You wouldn’t want your resume to be incomplete once it’s printed.
- Spacing – The perfect spacing to use should be single spacing which is the standard spacing used to create documents. You should also double-check on the spacing you are using before you start typing for safety precautions.
- Paper – When printing, you should use white paper or ivory-colored paper for your information to appear clearly. It is not advisable to print out your resume on another colored paper as it can be distracting to look at and will give you a bad impression on your employers. The standard size of paper to use should also be 8.5″ × 11—this is to keep your information neat and uniform if your resume exceeds more than one page.
- Resume type – You will also have to choose from the different types you would like your resume to be in. The resume type you will be using will depend on what kind of job position you will be looking for and method you would like your resume to be in to get the job.
- Header – This is also an important part of a resume as this displays your contact information like your mobile and home phone number. This also displays your present address and email address.
- Summary/objective – This is where you explain the reason you are applying for a specific position and tell employers your goals if you get hired for a specific job position.
You can also check out our website if you need marketing resume format templates or fresher lecturer templates.
Professional Education Resume in PDF
Professional Education Resume Example
Professional Higher Education Resume
Physical Education Resume in PDF
Physical Education Teacher Resume
Education Administration Resume in PDF
Education Administration Resume Cover Letter
Special Education Administration Resume
Professional Education Administration Resume
Where Are Education Resumes Used For?
Education resumes are commonly used when applying for careers in schools or teaching positions. Most employers in educational institutions or educational industries prefer applicants to place more their work experiences in schools and participated in education training programs.
Sources to Find Jobs in Education
There are a lot of sources where you can find education-related job positions. As long as you have a neat and presentable resume, you can be sure companies will be calling you in for interviews. The question now is, How do we find jobs related to education related job positions? Here are a few examples of where you can find job vacancies:
- Online job portals – You can find new job vacancies using online job portals. These websites are updated daily for you to check on new vacancies. You can start your search with these types of websites. You can also control the results you get by filtering them out to search purely for education-related jobs.
- Internet – You can also use the Internet in searching for new jobs and education related jobs. The Internet will be a very useful tool if you want to search for a vast of job openings.
- Social media – Using social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn are also good sources to find education-related jobs, as you can also filter different search results purely into education-related jobs. This will also save you time searching for jobs from the Internet if you think the Internet gives you general answers or results to your searches.
- Your peers – One of the easiest ways to find jobs is through asking around and asking family and friends. They can always give you suggestions or if they know anyone hiring for a specific job position you are looking.
How to Prepare Yourself for a Job
Being prepared to get a new job is important and contributes to how well you’ll do if ever you get hired for a job. There are several ways for you to be prepared in getting a new job, some of which include the following:
- Be physically and mentally ready – You will have to be both physically and mentally ready if you want to get yourself a job. You have to be healthy and fit enough if the job you’re looking for needs more physical activity. You also need to be mentally ready to handle stressful situations and be ready to make any action for new plans
- Have your resume – If you think you’re ready to apply for a job, you will have to prepare your resume and go over on possibles you will be receiving when you go for an interview. You can also search the Web for possible questions, but common questions are usually more personal ones and previous work details.
- Know your goals – Before you decide to take on any jobs, be sure to have a goal in mind. Either big or small, goals will provide you the drive to go to work.
Our website also provides more templates and sources for different templates. You can also download experienced resume format templates if you want more details for your resume and professional resume examples as well.