Graduating from college means you are now ready to enter the world of professional employment, but the only problem is that there are thousands of other applicants who will be competing for the same job position you are applying for. If you want to stand out from the rest of the applicants, you have to be wise if you want a potential employer notice your application Sample.
As a fresher, you obviously do not have a lot of things to write about your professional working experience. In this article, we will give you a rundown on how you can impress an employer using a great resume despite your lack of experience. We have also provided a set of different resume format that is specially designed to suit the needs of someone who has just graduated from college.
Free Fresher Resume Template
Free MBA Fresher Resume Template
Free Fresher Resume Templates
Free Fresher Resume
Java Fresher Resume
Java Fresher Resume Templates
Core Java Fresher Resume
Java Developer Resume
MBA Fresher Resume Templates
MBA Fresher Resume Sample
Sample Resume for MBA Finance Fresher
B.Tech Fresher Resume Templates
B.Tech Fresher Resume
B.Tech CSE Fresher Resume
Fresher Engineer Resume Templates
Mechanical Engineer Resume
Fresher Engineer Cover Letter
1. Resume vs. Curriculum Vitae
Have you ever noticed that some companies would ask the applicants to send them a copy of their resume while others would require applicants to send a best curriculum vitae (CV)?
Before we start discussing their differences, it is important to know the definition of the two terms.
- A professional resume is a concise document used to summarize the applicant’s employment experience, skills, achievements, educational background, and extra-curricular activities that are pertinent to the position s/he is applying for.
- On the other hand, a CV is an in-depth document that contains a high level of information about an applicant’s achievements than just discussing his/her career biography.
While these documents are crucial for job applications, a resume is different from a CV in term of purpose, length and layout. So what are the other factors that set them apart?
- It is widely used in the United States and Canada.
- Most simple resumes come in a single page.
- Its content can be tailored to match the job requirements set by the company.
- It focuses more on an applicant’s skills and accomplishments.
- It is mainly used in the United Kingdom, European Union, and New Zealand.
- It is longer than a resume and can be 1 to 3 pages long, depending on your information.
- Its information is static and does not change no matter what position you want to apply for. Changes can be found in the cover letter.
- It is a complete overview of your career history. You may want to browse through our curriculum vitae samples.
2. Secrets to Get Your Resume Noticed
After years of studying and working hard on class projects and thesis papers, you have finally graduated from college. The time you received your diploma signals a new chapter in your life. The feeling of having to endure sleepless nights and completing stressful school projects is priceless. You may also see Graduate Fresher Resume Templates
However, this is the real world, and the competition will do everything to knock you out of the running. It is a dog-eat-dog world where only the fittest can survive. You need to do everything right in order to stand a chance—starting with your resume. You may also see IT Fresher Resumes
A resume can be a powerful tool you can use when applying for a job. It can make or break your chance of getting an interview with a potential employer.
And now that we know the factors that differentiate a resume from a curriculum vitae, it is time to discuss the things that would allow your resume to stand out from the thousands of other resumes out there.
- Incorporate keywords. Nowadays, the majority of the companies and recruiting agencies use keywords in determining candidates who qualify for the position. These keywords are often found in the requirements and/or qualifications in the company’s job advert. Ignoring these keywords guarantees you to lose your chance of being identified as a potential candidate. What will happen is that the company’s recruitment software will overlook your resume. You may also see Basic Fresher Resume Templates
- Replace career objective with a summary of qualifications. Writing an objective simply tells the employer of the things you want from them, while a summary of qualifications shows the employer what you can bring to their organization.
- Customize your resume. It is recommendable to modify the information, especially your key skills, to suit the job requirements set by different companies. While you don’t have to change your basic information, you can make some minor changes in terms of rearranging, writing additional information, or changing the bullet points to emphasize the skills and experiences that are most relevant to the position.
- Highlight transferable skills. This is most useful when a job seeker is making a big career change with completely different duties and responsibilities. For more information, why not check out these set of functional resume?
HR Fresher Resume Templates
MBA HR Fresher Resume
B.Com Fresher Resume Templates
B.Com Computer Fresher Resume
B.Com Fresher Resume Sample
Fresher Accountant Resume Template
Fresher Lecturer Resume Templates
Fresher Lecturer Job
Sample Cover Letter for Lecturer
3. Resume Formatting Rules to Remember
The overall look of your resume is one of the determining factors whether your resume is going to the pile of applicants to be interviewed or straight to the trash bin. You may also see Professional Fresher Resumes.
- Margin – If you are an amateur in resume writing, then it would be best to stick to the traditional and standardized margin, which is 1 inch. One inch margins often give an illusion of lengthier text.
- Alignment – Most information on the resume is oftentimes aligned to the left, with the exception of the contact details which are centered aligned most of the time.
- Fonts Type – Sticking to the standard and traditional resume fonts, such as Verdana, Calibri, Times Roman, and Arial, is the safest bet for fresh graduate applicants.
- Font Size – While there is an article on the internet that recommends using a font size between 10 to 12 points, it is crucial to consider that choosing the appropriate font size is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Choosing the font size should be dependent on the font. Why? There are certain font styles that look nearly unreadable if set to a size 10.
- Font Style – You can use bold or italics to highlight certain parts or information on your resume to make them stand out. However, you have to be consistent—if you use bold on a job title, make sure to use bold on the rest of them. The same goes for italics.
You can also choose from our library of different resume formats in our website and download which interests you the most.
4. More Formatting Tips!
- Use white space effectively to make your resume look organized and readable. Cramming your best resume with too much information can make it look cluttered, and it would be a pain to read.
- Avoid using justified text formatting to avoid awkward spacing.
- Make sure to limit the bullet points in each section. No matter how many skills you have, only include the ones which you think are the most relevant.
- Overuse of bold and italics can defeat the purpose of enhancing the information.
You may also want to check our collection of modern resume templates and generic resume templates in our website. You can download and make some changes to match your personal information and purpose.
Fresher Resume Cover Letter Templates
Cover Letter Format
Cover Letter for Teacher
Cover Letter for MCA Graduate
Sample Fresher Resume Template
Sample Resume for B.Com Fresher
PHP Fresher Resume Templates
PHP Developer Fresher Resume
PHP Fresher Resume Sample
5. How to Write a Resume if You Have No Work Experience
Unfortunately, being a fresh graduate comes with disadvantages. That is why there are some companies that would prefer hiring experienced applicants. It is your responsibility to change this type of mind set by writing a resume that can effectively encourage the potential employer to choose you over someone with real-world experience.
Truth be told, writing a resume can be a challenging and daunting task, especially if you do not have a lot of work experience to highlight. This has been one of the most common problems for freshers for a long time. You may also see Marketing Fresher Resume Templates.
So before you decide to write your resume, make sure to check these essential tips to help you make a good first impression on the hiring party despite your lack of work history.
- Compelling Career Objective – For fresh graduates like you, it is important to take some time and careful consideration when writing your career objective. Since you still lack experience, your career objective is the most vital section of your resume because you will use it to grab the attention of the potential reader. It should contain information such as your skills, capabilities, and knowledge on the field. This essential information should give the reader a clear picture of what you can offer to their organization. You may also see Fresher Engineer Resume Templates.
- Education Background – While most resume places more emphasis on work experience, yours should start with your highest educational attainment. When listing your education, you should start with your latest education qualifications (degree, masters, or short courses) down to the earliest ones.
- Work Experiences – If you are wondering what to include in this section, just list down your internships and part-time jobs (if you have any) because they somehow count and had helped you developed professionally. Do not forget to provide details, such as your responsibilities and accomplishments.
- Skills and Knowledge – When listing down your skills and knowledge, make sure that they are relevant to and they support the accomplishments stated in the work experience section.
Make sure to visit our website, Template.net, because we offer a vast library of different business templates. Do not also forget to check out our largest collection of downloadable resume samples in different formats.