One of the most essential tools needed to obtain a job is a resume that contains an individual’s personal and work information. There are varieties of general resume types you can follow depending on what kind of approach you would like your resume to have in applying for your desired job.
Here, we share a variety of resume templates you can download and use with ease to create your own resume forms. Furthermore, it would also be advisable to include a resume cover letter to properly introduce yourself to your interviewer or hiring company.
Free Resume Format
Sample Resume Format Template
Basic Resume Template
Free Blank Resume Template
Free Modern Resume Template
Free Experienced Engineer Resume Format
Free Teacher Resume Format
Free Medical Student Resume Format
Executive Resume Format
Executive Director Resume
Resume Format for Senior Executive
Admin Executive Resume
Professional Resume Format
Sample Professional Resume
Professional Engineer Resume
Professional General Manager Resume
Essential Components of a Resume
Resumes may contain information like educational attainment, work experience, personal contact details, and references to verify what you’ve written is true. As much as a resume template serves as guides to creating your own resume, understanding fully the essential components of a resume is still highly-suggested. Below are some details your resume must have:
- Basic Personal Information – Your resume must have your name and contact details on the very top, even before you give your introduction. As shown in resume examples, the applicant is only required to include relevant and needed information and not the sensitive and confidential ones.
- Brief Introduction – You will also need to place an introduction to give your readers a summary on what your resume will contain. Specifically, student resume template provide key examples pertaining to resume objective writing styles and techniques that are helpful for students and fresh graduates.
- Educational and Work Credentials – The next section your resume should have is your education credentials, where you place the schools you’ve previous attended and the degree you’ve earned. For highly technical job posts such as professional banking resumes, the applicant must provide concrete educational competencies. Last but not least is your work experiences and portfolio if required by the company.
Experience Resume Format
IT Professional Experience Resume
One year Experience Resume Format
Accountant Resume Format
Free Experienced Accountant Resume Format
Resume Format for Accountant Assistant
Senior Accountant Resume
Chronological Resume Format
Sample Chronological Resume Format
Reverse Chronological Resume
Chronological Graduate Student Resume
How to Enhance your Resume Format
Every once in a while, it would be preferable to create a unique resume to keep your reader’s interest alive and have a better chance of being employed in your desired company. Let’s face it, you’re not the only person applying for the same job and competition today is getting harder by the minute, as more and more skilled individuals are showing up in the workforce.
Knowing the contents of a resume is not enough. The formatting aspect of the resume must be taken into account. Here are some formatting techniques on how to create a professional resume:
- Insert different border designs. To make your resume look attractive, borders can further enhance the structure and format of a resume. However, limit on placing border designs that will make your resume look distracting and informal.
- Include your portfolio as proof of your skills. This is most useful if you are planning to apply for jobs related to art, like graphic design positions, writing positions, and creative teaching job positions. For freshers and students, entry level resume examples and writing tips will advise you to mention whatever works or projects you did or were involved in during your studies.
- Insert a thumbnail or an image of yourself. This is optional. Depending on the preferences of the employer, you may or may not include a formal image of yourself. This is most useful for jobs like front desk and flight attendant job positions, where management will also take into account on your looks.
- Take note of the margins. As shown in printable resumes, margins are always given much attention. Without them, your resume can look messy and would be a disadvantage on your part especially if you’re creating federal resumes and teacher resumes.
College Student Resume Format
Engineering Resume Format
Resume Format for Engineering Student
Entry Level Engineering Resume
Fresher Resume Format
Finance Fresher Resume Format
Graduate Resume Format
Free Graduate Resume Template
Fresh Graduate Resume Format Sample
Fresh Graduate Engineering Resume
Resume Format for Fresh IT Graduate
More Resume Templates and Samples
Choosing the best resume format to use will depend on the job position you would be applying for, as different job positions will require a variety of different skills and work experiences to help you land the job. Here are some of the resume templates that you can download:
- Lawyer Resumes Templates – If you’re planning to apply for a legal position, these templates can give you a hand. Legal professionals are very keen as to the selection of lawyers because such job positions deal with technical matters and issues.
- Business Resume Templates – For aspiring applicants who want to enter the business industry, business resume templates are good options. These set of resume caters to a variety of business-related positions.
- Professional Engineer Resume Templates – For aspiring engineers, these templates can help you organize and restructure your resumes.
Why Update Your Resume
There are numerous reasons why you should update your resume, but one of the main reasons is when looking for a new job. This is because we need to fill up the work experience section with new information that the interviewer or hiring company might need to know. Applying for a new job post would require the applicant to place additional skills and achievements we have earned in a certain time-span.
High School Resume Format
Free High School Resume
Resume Format for High School Student
High School Graduate Resume
High School Student Resume With No Work Experience
HR Resume Format
Free HR Resume Format
Sample HR Generalist Resume Format
Resume Format for HR Fresher
HR Manager Resume
Marketing Resume Format
Free Marketing Analyst Resume
Marketing Executive Resume
Nursing Resume Format
Free Nursing Resume Template
Entry Level Nurse Resume
Nurse Resume Cover Letter
Registered Nurse Resume Format Sample
Guidelines in Making a Resume
To help you create a basic resume, it would be best to refer to some simple fresher resume templates to give you a guide in preparing your first resume. It is important that you know what to place. For more experienced individuals, it would be advisable to look into some executive resume templates if you wish to apply for management level job positions.
For general guidelines, consider the following:
- Be concise and straightforward. In writing your resume, include only the updated and relevant ones. In dealing with resumes, it is not about the number of pages or the number of words, but more on the quality and type of skills that you provide and if they suffice the qualifications set by hiring companies.
- Referring to high-quality templates. There a number of built-in resumes and resume generating software that you may use. Resumes in Word are perfect examples of such templates. Try to use a work resume template that is specific and in line with the job post you’re interested in.
In summary, creating a resume is no small thing as you will need to be precise with the details to place in your resumes. It is critical that information you place in your resumes are all true and can be proven by previous companies or superiors who have handled you in the past.