A resume serves as the professional profile of an applicant who would like to be considered for an open work position. Resumes usually contain an individual’s technical and communication skills, previous work positions and responsibilities held, as well as other qualifications relevant to the job functions of his/her target position. It is very often that a resume profile is accompanied by a cover letter or an application letter when given to the company where a candidate is applying for a job.
Free Resume Format
Free Sample Resume Template
Free Basic Resume Template
This post is a collection of resume templates formats that can guide you in creating a well-structured professional profile. Other than the formats that you may download from this post, we have more downloadable Resume Formats in the link provided.
Free Blank Resume Template
Free Simple Resume Template
Free Resume Cover Letter Format
Simple Modern Resume Template
Free Modern Resume Template
Professional Resume Template
What is the Purpose of a Resume?
The purposes that a resume may serve are as follows:
- It is created to provide information about the qualifications and competencies of a job applicant.
- A resume is a way of listing down the updated skills and abilities of a person which may be used in the operations of a business.
- It includes the contact information of the candidate which will make it easier for prospective employers to message him / her should he / she qualify for the next stage of the screening process.
Importance of Having a Resume
A few reasons why creating and using a resume is important are as follows:
- A resume is one of the basic requirements for job application.
- It will be easier for you to present yourself professionally if you have a resume.
- Passing a resume will allow you to apply on different jobs even without initial conversations to the company that you are targeting to be your employer.
If you want to have specific samples of resume templates and formats, you may download our College Resumes and Simple Marketing Resumes in the respective links provided.
Generic Resume Template
Free HR Resume Format
Resume Format for Engineering Freshers
Fresher School Teacher Resume Format
Common Mistakes in Creating a Resume
There is actually no strict guidelines in creating a resume. The format of a resume will truly depend on the person who will create and use it. However, there may be times that the included items in a resume can lessen the chances of an individual in being interviewed, or even hired.
A few of the common mistakes in creating a resume include the following:
- Applicants provide a lot of contact information. As an applicant, you should always make it easier for the employer to contact you. Do not use a lot of contact details as it can serve as an additional work to the person who is tasked to deliver information about the results of your application templates. It is already fine to write one of each of these items:
- An e-mail address
- A mobile number
- An office or any business number
- Applicants specify a lot of things about their parents’ background and references. Your resume is all about you. Your background may include information about your parents and the people whom the company may contact for background checking. However, always be aware of the amount of details about them that you will include in your resume.
- Applicants do not follow a document format. Use our templates and format guides to help you with this matter. There is nothing more appealing to employers than a well-curated, organized, and structured resume.
- Applicants write a broad range of qualifications. As much as possible, only write items that are directly related to the job position that you are applying for. This will help the employers identify if you are qualified enough to get the post.
For more samples of particular resume templates, you may download our samples of Free IT Resumes and Business Resumes.
Free Medical Student Resume Format
Free IT Resume Format
Sample Resume Format
Resume Cover Letter
Resume Formats in Doc
Fresher Resume Format in Doc
Sample Resume Format in Doc
Resume Format in Word
Experienced Resume Format in Doc
Simple Resume Format
Simple Resume Format in Doc
Simple Resume Format in PDF
Professional Resume Format
Sample Professional Resume
Free Professional Resume
What Is Supposed to Be on Your Resume?
The information that should always be present in a resume include the following:
- Your name and your basic information
- Your contact details
- Your educational attainment
- A list of your work experiences
- Your skills and abilities
- Your achievements in the professional field
- A list of your references
- Other information which you think may be helpful for your application
General Resume Types
The resume types that you may select from when creating a resume are as follows:
- Chronological resume is the resume type that gives focus on the job experiences of an applicant
- Functional resumes highlight the skills and abilities of a job candidate
- Combination resumes have the characteristics of both the chronological and functional resumes
- Targeted Resumes are the resumes that are created for a specific job position application
Browse through our sample templates of Professional Finance Resumes, Acting Resumes, Basic Education Resumes, and Cashier Resumes on our website if you’re interested in more specialized resumes for your job applications.
Experienced Professional Resume
Experience Resume Format
Experienced Resume Format in PDF
1 Year Experience Resume
Experienced Candidate Resume
Resume CV Format
Resume CV Format in PDF
Sample Resume CV
Resumes in PDF Format
Professional Resume in PDF
Job Resume in PDF
Free Resume in PDF
Resume Cover Letter Format
Sample Resume Cover Letter
Cover Letter Format in Word
Business Resume Cover Letter
Resume Email Cover Letter
Resume Format in Word
Simple Resume Format in Word
Freshers Resume Format in Word
Sample Resume Format in Word
Accountant Resume Format
Professional Accountant Resume
Chartered Accountant Resume
Blank Resume Format
Blank Resume Job
Printable Blank Resume
Resume Reference Format
Standard Resume Reference
Job Resume Reference
Technical Resume Format
Sample Technical Resume
Technical Resume Format in Doc
Student Resume Format
College Student Resume
Student Job Resume
Fresher Resume Format
Fresher Resume Format in PDF
Engineering Fresher Resume
Free Resume Format
Free Sample Resume
Free Resume Format in PDF
Formal Resume Format
Free Formal Resume
Formal Resume Format in Doc
Job Resume Format
Fresher Job Resume
Job Application Resume
Business Resume Format
Professional Business Resume
Modern Business Resume
Formal Business Resume
Government Resume Format
Government Employee Resume
Software Resume Format
Sample Software Resume
Software Testing Resume
Guidelines in Creating a Comprehensive Resume
A few guidelines that you may follow in creating a resume that is appealing to most employers are as follows:
- Use a template that will guide you in creating your resume. It is very important for you to assure that the resume that you will pass to any employer is good enough to stand out from your competition.
- Always be organized in listing down the information that you would like to present in your resume.
- Select a format that you will follow in the entirety of the document. Use specific word styling and font sizes to make sure that all the items in your resume are cohesive. You may also see Creative Resume Template.
- Maintain a professional demeanor by using sentence structures that are appropriate to be used for corporate documents.
Aside from our resume formats, you may also be interested to browse through and download our templates of Administration Resume Samples and Carpenter Resumes.