Large scale projects do not get completed overnight. Even if these projects are close to of completion, a series of activities and processes are done in order to get things done within a specified time. There is a need to create a project timeline in which certain activities are expected to be done.
A timeline chart helps get everything in order. Project timelines work well with an office timeline that’s made to ensure every step of the project process is done efficiently aligned with the purpose it’s made for. Check out which project timeline could be right for you.
Research Project Timeline
Marketing Research Project
Research Project Proposal
Research Project Activity
Software Project Timeline
Software Project Plan
Software Project Proposed Timeline
What Is a Project Timeline?
A project timeline is a tool used to form part of a project plan. Regardless of any company or industry, project timelines are essential for increased efficiency of a project management scheme. The use of business timeline templates is common since business planning strategies comprise an element for effective business projects. It is an organized list of activities, procedures, and processes intended to be observed from initial preparations up to project completion.
The definition of a project timeline validates the need to use a project timeline template. Different methodologies and procedures are structured in a template that should similarly deliver project management strategies and maximize efforts that should lead to project completion.
Importance of a Project Timeline
With all the project objectives in place, project timelines bring any project to reality. It is important to secure a project timeline to be able to foresee project plans come into fruition. A project timeline sample on hand will help project managers produce a schedule to be followed and a duration with corresponding dates to it.
Event timeline templates are also effective documents for organizing projects that include events to carry out different objectives and a certain vision for specific project.
Website Project Timeline
Example of Website Project
Website Design Project
Website Development Project
Construction Project Timeline
Sample Construction Project
Timeline for Garden Construction Project
Free Construction Project Timeline
Network Project Timeline
Sample Sensor Network Project Deliverables
Network Project Timeline Example
How to Create a Project Management Timeline
Jobs required from different projects can be overwhelming. Projects that aren’t properly managed are most likely to fail and become unsuccessful. Without a clear action plan, projects couldn’t be properly monitored. There is a lot to focus on when doing projects, be it deadlines, scheduled tasks, and overall project efficiency.
Here are steps to avoid the aforementioned and at the same time create efficient project management timelines:
- Objectives – Determine your project goals and set corresponding objectives for it. An efficient project management timeline should be based on a defined understanding of the end goal of the project. The longer the term for the project, the more objectives there are to be fulfilled.
- Project Highlights – As you go along, there will be important highlights to be achieved gradually. Proper project management includes accurate monitoring of every milestone dedicated towards the completion of a project. These project highlights also make the ideal suggestions for the next step to take.
- Timeline – Decide on the timeline that you’re going to use for the project. It should be compact with a specific design, structure, and format that’s set to best deliver and increase project management efficiency. Your specified timeline should at least have a reasonable duration to address the objectives that you have listed.
- Stakeholder Discussion – As the project timeline is used to aid in project management, every detail should be discussed fairly between stakeholders. This is to ensure every suggestion is weighed accordingly to determine whether or not it is fit to be realized for a certain project. Everyone involved in the project management should grab a copy of discussions with a free project timeline template.
- Consistent Updates – As early as project preparation and planning stage, updates must be reported. Calendar timeline templates are ideal update tools for when projects are monitored in every calendar day.
Project Management Timeline
Free Project Management
Project Timeline and Management Plan
Project Task Management
Project Proposal Timeline
Design Project Proposal Timeline
Project Plan Timeline
Website Design Project Plan
Basic of Project Plan
How to Use Project Timeline Templates
A single project timeline template on this page was designed to meet professional project management needs. These are templates that do more than just plain planning but also encourage visual and comprehensive project management procedures.
Here are steps one should ponder on how to efficiently use project timeline templates:
- Choice of Template – Your choice and how you choose a project timeline template will define your project’s purpose. Making use of a timeline template in Word wouldn’t be any different from using other file formats but the right format will decide what the template you’ve chosen is for.
- Project Management Strategy – Upon the determination of which template to use, a project management strategy is also developed. The increase in productivity should be in production timeline templates for better monitoring of progress.
- Timeline Variables – Determine which timeline variables are useful for a specific project. Plot every variable accordingly for you to yield desirable results. The variables in a marketing timeline template could include information on sales strategies and data on marketing related projects.
- Deliverable Output – The finished project timeline from a specific template you’ve downloaded can be safely concluded as your deliverable output. Information dissemination of project management strategies would be a lot easier with a tangible document.
Sample Project Implementation
Project Development Timeline
Sample Development Project
Real Estate Development Project
Printable Development Project Timeline
Volunteer Project Timeline
Sample Volunteer Project
How to Create a Project Timeline in Excel
Project timelines contribute to the very essence of project management. It is for this reason that by all means, project timelines are generated to serve its purpose. Excel has always been one of the most convenient ways to create project timelines.
Here are steps on how to create a project timeline in Excel:
- Timeline Format – The easiest format you can create for a project timeline on Excel is a table timeline format. Create a table with the exact number of rows and columns fit to accommodate the variables for your project. The most common information include project tasks, duration, and timely outputs.
- Start Date – Navigate through the Excel sheet with your table and right click on an empty bar to input data. There, you can freely add a start date for the entire project and let the dates in between unfold for upcoming project related obligations.
- Duration – There is always a quick association between the project duration and any free timeline template. Project timelines are meant to remind one of a certain duration to compress work accordingly.
- Task Details – Descriptive task details need to be reflected even when you’re creating in Excel. Even career timeline templates that are completed through Excel give brief ideas about project tasks.
Generating a project timeline to increase productivity is a highly recommended. To make organizational tasks easier, templates are made available for project manager and anyone else’s convenience.