Invitation cards play an important role in organizing and making any event successful, whether it’s a personal event or a business party. They are usually the first thing that guests see and get information from, such as what and for whom the event is as well as the date, time, and location of the event and other basic details they need to know before going. Invitation cards should not just inform recipients but should also tend to impress upon reaching the hands of guests. Although simple invitation cards seem pretty useless after the event, beautiful and creative cards do not seem to have this dilemma.
The way the design and content of the invitation card are presented show how much the event meant to its organizers and how much effort they have put in. Therefore, much thought should always be given to its design. To help you out, we have gathered some beautiful and creative Invitation Card Templates that you can download and use or find inspiration from. These cards are great for any occasions and we ensure that the designs on this page are characterized by a one-of-a-kind sense of personality and charm to encourage guests to share any event with you.
Farewell Party Invitation Card Template
Golf Invitation Card Template
Funeral Program Invitation Card
Farewell Invitation Card Template
Simple Wedding Invitation Card Template
Restaurant Invitation Card Template
Award Invitation Card Template
VIP Invitation Card Template
Invitation Card Template
Business Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Template
Event Invitation Card Template
60th Birthday Invitation Card Template
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card Template
Annual Meeting Invitation Card Template
Watercolor Wedding Invitation Card Template
Colorful Baby Shower Invitation Card Template
Bachelorette Party Invitation Card Template
Simple Lunch Invitation Template
Email Party Invitation Card Template
Passport Invitation Template
Summer Party Invitation Card Template
Email Lunch Invitation Card Template
Floral Baby Shower Invitation Template
Baptism Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Templates
Wedding Ceremony Invitation Card
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Card
Traditional Wedding Invitation Card
Birthday Invitation Card Templates
Frozen Birthday Invitation Card
Cartoon Birthday Invitation Card
Disney Birthday Invitation Card
Party Invitation Card Templates
Farewell Party Invitation Card
Retirement Party Invitation Card
Graduation Party Invitation Card
Wedding Party Invitation Card
Baby Shower Invitation Card Templates
Blank Baby Shower Invitation Card
Surprise Baby Shower Invitation Card
Engagement Invitation Card Templates
Engagement Party Invitation Card
Wedding Invitation Card
Kinds of Events That Need Invitation Cards
There are formal and casual events, and there are events that need an invitation card, while some can forego its necessity. Here are some events where invitation cards are important.
- Weddings. Weddings are one of those significant events as it marks another chapter of a person’s life. Therefore, it is best to share it with the closest and most important people in your life. Because of this, an invitation card is imperative as one way to announce the special event as well as invite them to come and join you.
- Birthday parties. Whether it’s your child’s first birthday or a milestone party for your patriarchs or matriarchs, a birthday party invitation card is necessary to ask and let acquaintances, close friends, and family members join the celebration and give their birthday wishes to the celebrant as he or she comes of age.
- Farewell parties. Farewell parties are usually held during a person’s retirement from work, after a college graduation, or when someone is going abroad to work or study. Inviting colleagues, classmates, or family members and friends to this kind of gathering gives them the chance can say their goodbyes to each other properly.
- Showers. Showers are given before an important event happens in someone’s life. For example, a bridal shower is given to the bride-to-be just before her wedding, or a baby shower is given in honor of a little child before he comes out into the real world. Invitation cards are necessary to make sure close friends are able to come.
- Business or corporate events. Parties do not need to be personal all the time as companies can also organize events for their employees and executives to mix and mingle socially. It is an integral part of a company’s dynamic and culture as it helps build good relationships between the members of the organization.
- Anniversary parties. Wedding anniversaries are usually intimate, but they can also be celebrated with friends and family members. Usually, organizations also celebrate their founding anniversary so they may need to invite people who are part or became part of their development and success. These parties can also be in honor of these innovators.
- School events. School events include foundation days, batch reunions, family day, sports day, recitals, plays, and other events held in the school. These events are usually held to showcase what their student’s learned in the institution; therefore, it is just sensible to invite their parents and guardians to share their children’s achievements.
- Dinner parties. Wedding rehearsal dinners and charity fundraising events are just examples of parties that are held during dinner. Most of these dinner parties, especially corporate ones, are formal events. Thus, invitation cards are given to sponsors and donors to maintain a sense of class and professionalism.
- Lunch parties. Unlike dinner events, lunch parties are less formal occasions, if not casual. Lunch parties are usually done on weekends where family and friends gather for a barbecue beside the pool. Some corporate events are also held in the middle of the day such as the opening of a new branch, office, or store.
- Holiday parties. Although most holiday parties such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year are celebrated with families; there are times when it is celebrated with a group of friends or coworkers. To make sure you don’t celebrate these occasions alone, you can give out invitation cards and create an awesome party together.
If you’re looking for invitation cards for a more specific event, check out our Wedding Invitation Templates.
Event Invitation Card Templates
Business Event Invitation Card
Corporate Event Invitation Card
Formal Event Invitation Card
Creative Event Invitation Card
Anniversary Invitation Card Templates
Company Anniversary Invitation Card
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card
Handmade Anniversary Invitation Card
School Invitation Card Templates
School Farewell Invitation Card
School Annual Day Invitation Card
School Reunion Invitation Card
School Anniversary Invitation Card
Blank School Sports Invitation Card
Dinner Invitation Card Templates
Charity Dinner Invitation Card
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Card
Dinner Party Invitation Card
DIY Invitation Card Templates
DIY Birthday Invitation Card
DIY Party Invitation Card
The Benefits of Invitation Cards
Because the invitation card is the first thing your guests will receive, it is bound to set the tone of the special occasion as well as give them the idea of what to expect on that day. Aside from giving them the facts and details of the event, there are other advantages of giving out invitation cards than not sending any at all.
- They notify your guests. There are many ways to announce the details of your event but to make sure your guests are given the accurate details, invitation cards are given out to notify them and ensure they do not forget to dress up and grace you with their presence.
- They remind your guests. Unlike an invitation made by word of mouth, cards provide a tangible way to remind your guests of the different and sometimes small details regarding your event; such as the date, time, and location of the event among others. See Invitation Formats.
- They delight your guests. Stylish and creative invitations are your first opportunity to give your guests the right impression of what your special event would be like and what they can expect during the day. It’s also a good way to ignite their curiosity and generate their interest.
- They organize your guests. Invitation cards can be a great tool to organize your guests. Each RSVP received from the invitations sent allows you to modify seating arrangements and keep track of the number of attendees and decide on menu and cuisine requirements.
- They keep you on track. With the different kinds of stationery that comes with invitations such as save-the-date cards, evening rehearsals, and thank-you cards, it helps you identify which parts of the event are already prepared and which parts need attention.
- They serve as souvenirs. A common misconception of invitation cards is that they are just pieces of paper and seems useless after the event. In fact, some guests hold on to them for a while and even end up keeping them for good as souvenirs or sources of inspiration for another event.
- They show your creativity. As there are no standards for making invitation cards, you can play with the design and even the wordings inside the card to show your creativity. Even though they cost a lot of time to produce, you can enjoy making DIY cards, which help you save money as well.
For more invitation card ideas, don’t forget to take a look at our compilation of Invitation Designs as well.
Farewell Invitation Card Templates
College Farewell Invitation Card
Students Farewell Invitation Card
Farewell Dinner Invitation Card
Formal Birthday Invitation Card
Formal Wedding Invitation Card
Formal Farewell Invitation Card
Graduation Invitation Card Template
Graduation Announcement Card
Graduation Ceremony Invitation Card
Graduation Party Invitation Card
Graduation Photo Invitation Card
School Graduation Invitation Card
Lunch Invitation Card Templates
Wedding Lunch Invitation Card
Farewell Lunch Invitation Card
Business Lunch Invitation Card
Corporate Invitation Card Templates
Corporate Holiday Invitation Card
Corporate Anniversary Invitation Card
Corporate Party Invitation Card
Corporate Cocktail Invitation Card
How to Make Perfect Invitation Cards
Before sending out your invitation cards, you have to make sure that your cards are not just ready to serve its purpose but also, it should entice your guest to attend your celebration. Here are some tips on how to make a perfect invitation card to boost your guests’ attendance.
- Make sure the details accurate. Important information details such as the date, time, location and any other additional information that your guests should know need to be accurate to avoid confusion and miscommunication. This information might also include whether there is a need to bring gifts or not, whether a formal attire, a casual attire or even a costume is expected.
- Set the right mood. Becuase your invitation cards serve as a marketing piece for your event, it is just right to set the right mood and tone of the celebration with your choice of design elements, such as photos, symbols, icons, and colors. You can start by downloading the Free Invitations on this page in order to create the perfect layout for your invitation cards.
- Go an extra mile. There is no harm in going the extra mile to include directions and a map to make sure your guests don’t get lost on their way to the venue, especially if it is outside or not in your home. For celebrations where most guests have already been in your house, there is no need to provide this type of information.
- Be creative yet cost effective. Instead of sending out layered invitation cards for less formal events, you can be creative without spending a lot by sending out single or double-panel invitations. This way, you can save money on buying and printing unnecessary information and accessories for your invitations such as envelopes.
- Be economical and practical. Thick and glossy paper stocks can be costly for printing but you also have to consider how durable your invitations should be so that it would still look nice upon reaching its recipient. You can also choose to be eco-friendly by using recycled paper which can also add some organic yet elegant element to your design.
The type of invitation card and designs you choose says a lot about your style and preferences, and seeing these details allows your guests to see through your personality. Aside from taking into consideration the level of formality of the event, you should also consider the type of event that your invitation cards are providing its services. So make sure to choose a template from this list that truly reflects who and what you are as well as the one appropriate for the event or occasion you are celebrating.
We hope that you are able to find inspiration among the templates and was able to pick a perfect design for your event. The invitation templates on this page are editable according to your preference and make it easy for you to unleash your creative flair, so get the word out about your celebration with one-of-a-kind invitations that perfectly reflect your style. You can also check out other articles on Template.net for more design ideas, like our collection of Invitation Templates in PSD.