One of the most widely known genres of music is the disco music. Up to this day, it still is considered as a unique genre since it contains various elements from salsa, pop, soul, R&B, and funk. Disco rose into popularity due to the evolution of both dance and rock music. It was enjoyed by men and women coming from different backgrounds.
Disco music is still played nowadays, though it’s not as popular as it was during its time. However, it has already made a name for itself in the history of music. They may say that “disco is dead” after the protest that took place in 1979, but some would still say that “disco is not dead.” Feel free to check out our website for our collection of disco flyer templates that you can use to spread the message that disco is still alive and well.
1752+ Flyer Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Disco Party Flyer Template
Disco Flyer Template Design
Rave flyer Template
Nightclub Party Flyer Template
Hip-hop Flyer Template
DJ Party Flyer Template
Party Admission Ticket Template
Party Concert Flyer Template
Party Promotion Flyer Template
Party Flyer Template
Dj Party Flyer Template
Music Party Flyer Template
Pool Party Flyer
New Year Party Flyer Template
Club Disco Party Flyer
Disco Dance Party Flyer
Retro Disco Party Flyer
Night Disco Party Flyer
Disco Remix Party Flyer
History of Disco
- Disco rose in the 1970s as a fusion of different music genres such as rhythm and blues and funk.
- Music groups such as The Bee Gees, KC & the Sunshine Band, Donna Summer, and Kool & the Gang completely revolutionized the music industry with their upbeat and lively tunes.
- Many would claim that Isaac Hayes and Barry White already played what would be called disco music as early as 1971.
- In 1974, one of the first disco hits “Rock the Boat” was released
- In 1975, KC & the Sunshine Band had several hits including “Get Down Tonight” and “That’s the Way I Like It.”
- In 1978, Chic made a mega hit with the release of “Le Freak.”
- In 1977, disco became even more popular with the release of John Travolta’s hit movie Saturday Night Fever.
- In 1979, the Billboard’s Top 10 contained mostly disco songs such as “Night Fever,” Shadow Dancing, “Le Freak,” “Stayin’ Alive,” and “Boogie Oogie Oogie.”
- On July 12, 1979, an antidisco protest had shown that an angry backlash against disco music and its culture had emerged in the United States. This day is considered by historians as “the day disco died.”
For fun-filled party-themed flyers, check out our collection of party flyer templates.
Facts about Disco
- The disco ball was not invented during the disco era but was actually made during the 1920s.
- Most disco music involved horns, electric rhythm guitars, and electric piano.
- Due to the popularity of disco music, there were actually many movies featuring disco songs such as Thank God It’s Friday (1978) and Saturday Night Fever (1977).
- The decline of disco’s popularity started on the Disco Demolition Night in 1979. And by 1980, disco was no longer popular.
Open Disco Party Flyer
Summer Disco Party Flyer
Urban Disco Party Flyer
Summer Beach Disco Party Flyer
DJ Disco Party Flyer
How Can You Make Flyers More Effective?
- Keep it short, simple, and direct to the point.
- Make it easy to read by organizing all important information through bullet points.
- The inclusion of testimonials from satisfied customers is not necessary but can be very helpful.
- Make sure to indicate the contact details somewhere on the flyer.
Keep the Disco Fever Alive with Our Templates
Our disco-themed flyer templates were selected from among thousands all over the Internet, and these were designed by creative graphic artists who have had a lot of experience designing flyers. Accessing and downloading these templates is easy, as long as your Internet connection is stable. These templates come in different formats such as PNG, PSD, and EPS; and you can choose to save it in either one, depending on which format suits you best. Editing is also hassle free since these templates work well on most photo-editing programs available on the market.
For even more disco-themed flyers, also check out our collection of disco flyer templates.